Freestyle Technique Question

Freestyle Technique Question

June 11th, 2009, 12:11 pm #1

I have a question about one of the abbreviations that appears in the blue belt freestyle techs. "rs" is used to indicate the reverse snap method of execution (rsK in this context). My problem is I'm not sure exactly what a "reverse snap kick" is.

I thought it logical that it might refer to a snap kick with the rear leg? But then i thought, if that were the case, wouldn't "reverse" be referring to the weapon used and not the method of execution?

In short, what does reverse snap mean?!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Salute,
Damien Kearney.

June 11th, 2009, 3:14 pm #2

Try "Right Snap" as in Right Snap Kick (RSK) or RIP (he he)
Last edited by Trejo54 on June 12th, 2009, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 11th, 2009, 3:36 pm #3

Thanks for the reply.

In the manuals, and anywhere I've seen the freestyle techniques explained online, "s" is used for snap and "rs" for reverse snap. The breakdown in The Flame uses these explanations too. Are they wrong? (I mean that as a genuine question, not as a comeback to your answer!)

I know it's not a big issue, but it's one of those little things that's been annoying me for a while!

Damien.

June 11th, 2009, 9:37 pm #4

best to believe he is right...

[/IMG]

Mark Gaskins

June 12th, 2009, 12:34 am #5

Thanks for the reply.

In the manuals, and anywhere I've seen the freestyle techniques explained online, "s" is used for snap and "rs" for reverse snap. The breakdown in The Flame uses these explanations too. Are they wrong? (I mean that as a genuine question, not as a comeback to your answer!)

I know it's not a big issue, but it's one of those little things that's been annoying me for a while!

Damien.
whats a reverse snap kick, unless your talking about a back kick, otherwise it would be a BSK, but then again, wtf do I know

June 12th, 2009, 2:06 am #6

Thanks for the help sir, it makes a lot more sense now.

Salute,
Damien.
Last edited by damien.kearney on June 12th, 2009, 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 12th, 2009, 2:18 am #7

best to believe he is right...

[/IMG]

Mark Gaskins
I didn't mean to seem like I was doubting Master Trejo's answer, I just wanted to be clear on it.

Salute,
Damien.

June 12th, 2009, 2:52 am #8

whats a reverse snap kick, unless your talking about a back kick, otherwise it would be a BSK, but then again, wtf do I know
"but then again, wtf do I know"

Uhh...is that a rhetorical question?

Hope all is well.

Back to the mats,

Angela