Form 5 is Alive!! Wed. Night Rocks!

Form 5 is Alive!! Wed. Night Rocks!

May 14th, 2009, 3:15 pm #1

Last night was amazing at the Pasadena school - Serious props to my Dad for translating Form 5 into language that I can understand and use in real life...seriously fun, impressive and deadly...outstanding.

I also want to say thanks to my Wednesday Night Kenpo brothers and sisters, Will, Dave C., Ironshirt Jay, Angela the Lethal Angel, Brick House Carrie from Pen (who hits like a brick house)- I learn SO much from all of you and can't say enough how much you all inspire me and how thankful I am to have the honor of working out with such crazy and talented Kenpoists. You guys stay on me to be better and that right there is real care, so thanks

I also want to thank Twin Palms for supplying the ice! Jay's face will be OK...

Love you guys, Peace!
Gunslinger Britt

May 14th, 2009, 9:12 pm #2

Last night was great,

Even though it's on video now that I have trouble going from working forms on a body back to 'air forms'. Lovely...lol.

Another great lesson on making what you know better from Larry. Glad I came out from under my school/mom rock to play. It was worth it and seriously motivated me to want more, so I'm sure you'll see me round again in the mornings I don't have class/school...YAY!

Hope Jay's ok. Yea..like he won't be. The man takes his lickins and keeps on hittin...harder!

Good to finally meet you, Carrie, and look forward to some minor hell raisin tomorrow!

WOO HOO! Kenpo rocks! Speakin of which...

Back to it,

Angela

Last edited by kenpoangel on May 14th, 2009, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 15th, 2009, 12:43 am #3

I'd like to post an early thank you to all at the school for welcoming me with open arms. I am learning so much. My body is sore, my bruises have bruises but that's what I came here for and going back to the studio for more in less than 2 hours.

Britt, your form is beautiful and I really enjoyed your yoga class. I'll be there bright and early tomorrow morning. I haven't been hit by you yet but if you can put Will on his knees, I don't think I want to take a shot from you.

Angela, you hit like a truck and I love it. Thanks for the pointers Wednesday for sparring (Will too!) and look forward to raising a little hell with you tomorrow.

Master Tatum, I can't thank you enough for all the small pieces of information that fill in my gaps (what a huge difference) and the time you have given me working on Form 6. Words cannot express my gratitude.

As Angela says... back to the mats!

Carrie Yaffe

May 16th, 2009, 6:55 pm #4

Last night was amazing at the Pasadena school - Serious props to my Dad for translating Form 5 into language that I can understand and use in real life...seriously fun, impressive and deadly...outstanding.

I also want to say thanks to my Wednesday Night Kenpo brothers and sisters, Will, Dave C., Ironshirt Jay, Angela the Lethal Angel, Brick House Carrie from Pen (who hits like a brick house)- I learn SO much from all of you and can't say enough how much you all inspire me and how thankful I am to have the honor of working out with such crazy and talented Kenpoists. You guys stay on me to be better and that right there is real care, so thanks

I also want to thank Twin Palms for supplying the ice! Jay's face will be OK...

Love you guys, Peace!
Gunslinger Britt
Got "video" (beef) of it, that you care to show?

May 17th, 2009, 3:35 pm #6

The comments, Tommy Jordon video were interesting, so I added this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr0l74Rc ... re=related

Gary

May 17th, 2009, 4:25 pm #7

Skip to the 3:27 mark to see the form without the instruction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwJNOFXM7C8

Cliff Seminerio
www.youtube.com/casadekenpo

May 17th, 2009, 4:43 pm #8

Excellent form - although I'd expect nothing less from a student of Larry Tatum's.

Congrats on your new digs! My business partner lives in Pasadena, so I'm often there, and stopped by your school. Many years ago when I was transitioning from Ojai to Los Angeles, I stayed with Frank Trejo of about a month - and he didn't allow me laundry privileges, so I did my laundry at the laundromat in that same shopping center. Great Filipinno market that's one of only a few places one can buy lop chong. Anyway, I wish you guys the best of luck with your school. You two surely have both the location and the teaching ability needed to turn the school into a whopping success.

Salute

May 17th, 2009, 6:25 pm #9

The harder style of Tommy J. Or the fluidity of the others?

The #5 TJ is doing, reminds me more of early KK and Kaju, though, Kaju is even harder style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ69dg1FQdk

Gary

May 17th, 2009, 11:38 pm #10

Skip to the 3:27 mark to see the form without the instruction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwJNOFXM7C8

Cliff Seminerio
www.youtube.com/casadekenpo
Hello,

Great work! Sharp movement and flow.
Beats mine...
I think this was originally about form #5? I know that the "Irish Contingent" has the numbering of the forms different then we have them here.
Would be great to know their numbering system and how it came about?

Thanks, Milt G.