Being In Service

Being In Service

May 17th, 2011, 5:25 pm #1

Last weekend Todd Durgan and Chris Herrman combined on an effort to help raise funds for the Royal Family Kids Camp up in Seattle. Because of their work, another child gets to go to camp and hopefully have a life changing experience. Because of their work the people that participated in the seminar get a chance to be a part of helping these children. Because of their work Mr. Durgan and Mr. Herrman get a chance to be in service to their students, the kids of the RFKC, and to kenpo. Everybody wins. I have mentioned it before, and it continues to be verified, that the happiest people are people that are in service to other people. The people that have the what about me attitude, are people that are bitter and unfulfilled.
I congratulate Mr. Durgan for teaching the seminar and Mr. Herrman for providing the venue with his studio. I looked at the pictures of the studio and there are some great words written on the walls. What is even more impressive is the fact that you are examples of these words.
Respectfully,
Bob White

May 17th, 2011, 6:15 pm #2

I think its a great thing that is happening here. The charge led by the people in the Bob White Organization to help those that truely can not help themselves, being joined by others around the country, and the World is a sign that there are some really great things, and great people in the Kenpo World. Thank You to all of you that work hard to have fun, provide an event for people to participate in Kenpo, and help the kids.
I can't say enough how incredible It all is! Keep up the great work!

May 17th, 2011, 8:27 pm #3

Thanks Mr. Arnold and I think that it is great as well. To see the kenpo community come together to help these children is something we can all be proud of. With our local Southern California kenpo community, Eddie Downey`s group from Ireland, Sergio Correa`s group from Chile, John Sepulveda`s AKTS, Sigung Steve LaBounty`s black belts, and many other kenpoists from around the world it is really growing in support. Chuck Peterson has his RFKC camp coming up soon in South Carolina and I know it will be a wonderful experience for his campers. The fun and enthusiasm is contagious and I hope more and more people can do themselves a favor and get involved. Thanks again David and I look forward to seeing you and working together again next year for the RFKC.
Respectfully,
Bob White

May 17th, 2011, 11:30 pm #4

Last weekend Todd Durgan and Chris Herrman combined on an effort to help raise funds for the Royal Family Kids Camp up in Seattle. Because of their work, another child gets to go to camp and hopefully have a life changing experience. Because of their work the people that participated in the seminar get a chance to be a part of helping these children. Because of their work Mr. Durgan and Mr. Herrman get a chance to be in service to their students, the kids of the RFKC, and to kenpo. Everybody wins. I have mentioned it before, and it continues to be verified, that the happiest people are people that are in service to other people. The people that have the what about me attitude, are people that are bitter and unfulfilled.
I congratulate Mr. Durgan for teaching the seminar and Mr. Herrman for providing the venue with his studio. I looked at the pictures of the studio and there are some great words written on the walls. What is even more impressive is the fact that you are examples of these words.
Respectfully,
Bob White
First let me say thank you again to the people that trusted in Mr. Herrman enough to come and participate and donate to what I believe to be a very worthy cause. I had an absolute blast working everyone and sharing some of my experience and knowledge.

Secondly let me point out that we where simply following a great leader in doing this seminar to benefit the kids camp. And I would be remiss in my duty if I did not mention that Mr. Dye did this as well, and while his draw is understandably a little bigger it was his seminar that planted the seed. Mr. White and his organization have helped countless children through there activities and I fully agree that it is indeed a far greater thing to help others then to help ones self.

So to you all of the Bob White Schools and organizations I thank you for being a leader in the fight for honor and integrity and selflessness.

Salute,
Todd Durgan

May 18th, 2011, 3:27 am #5

Thanks Mr. Arnold and I think that it is great as well. To see the kenpo community come together to help these children is something we can all be proud of. With our local Southern California kenpo community, Eddie Downey`s group from Ireland, Sergio Correa`s group from Chile, John Sepulveda`s AKTS, Sigung Steve LaBounty`s black belts, and many other kenpoists from around the world it is really growing in support. Chuck Peterson has his RFKC camp coming up soon in South Carolina and I know it will be a wonderful experience for his campers. The fun and enthusiasm is contagious and I hope more and more people can do themselves a favor and get involved. Thanks again David and I look forward to seeing you and working together again next year for the RFKC.
Respectfully,
Bob White
We are gearing up for our second camp. I've received great support from friends in the Kenpo community. Thank you, Mr. White, Vishal an all the guys at your fine studio for your support.

We are hoping to improve on last year's success and are hoping to get more involvement by potential camp hosts. I'd like to see three more camps in our community but that takes some dedicated folks.

When you have the opportunity to see an 11-year old blowing out birthday candles for the first time in his life, catch a fish, or run an obstacle course - nothing beats seeing the grins on their faces.

You can see pictures from last year's camp and read an article about it at my website: www.chuckpeterson.net

I cannot wait to see them get off the bus.

Take it out on the heavy bag,

Chuck Peterson
peterson_charlie@hotmail.com

May 19th, 2011, 3:39 pm #6

Respectfully,
Bob White
I think what Jeff Speakman, John Sepulveda, Eddie Downey, Gilbert Velez, and other kenpo leaders are doing is great for kenpo. They have a large following and they are providing a service to their members for education and unity. They are setting a high standard for their members and keeping the quality of the art solid. They bring in other instructors to give their members the best opportunity to get new ideas. They are comfortable in their own skills to not be threatened by outside influence. I personally have a lot of respect for their service to the art.
In August of this year I have been asked to run the kenpo division at the Disney Martial Arts Festival in Anaheim, Ca. I am not doing this to put money in my pocket as ALL PROFIT goes to the Royal Family Kids Camps, an organization we have worked with for years. I would very much like to see the kenpo community come together to support this event and represent kenpo to the martial arts world. I believe this event will grow throughout the years and be a showcase of talent. We are all proud to be involved in kenpo and this gives us a chance to demonstrate our art. There is an old saying by Don Shula, an ex NFL coach that says, How can you tell who is the best, unless you have competition? I would encourage the kenpo community to get out and interact with other people in kenpo and other arts. Don`t live at the bottom of the well as there is a large martial arts world out there and you might just learn something.
If you would like information on the tournament and seminars please contact me. Eddie Downey from Ireland is in charge of the kenpo seminars and a list of classes will be available. This is a chance to be in service to kenpo and our communities.
Respectfully,
Bob White
www.bwkenpo.com
949 6450337