Awesome Private Dojo!

Awesome Private Dojo!

September 19th, 2008, 6:14 am #1

For those that have not checked out Master Tatum's Private Dojo, it's back up and running strong.

The 3rd and 4th seminars are great, but you should also check out the insights / article sections. Great stuff there!

For those that are really serious for more, a trip to Pasadena will put your Kenpo Adventure ahead 6-12 months.

Plus, where else can you get in the ring with the one and only Will "The Shark" and get smacked around by the awesome Angela?

(Here's a tip...take an extra cup. You just might need it. LOL!)

Technology is bodacious! But nothing beats the real thing.

http://www.ltatum.com

Always Looking for GREEN TOMATOES!

Jeff Osinski
Impact Team Player LTKKA East Coast

"Yesterday, I sucked. Today, I got better. Look where WE'LL be in a year!"

September 19th, 2008, 3:17 pm #2

Just kiddin'...

I agree Jeff. The seminar classes are great, like the tip of the week on steroids but the Insights and Ask the Master section are awesome as well. This month Mr. Tatum has three topics in the Insights section; Arrange Your Grafting to Include Category of Completion, Differentiate Muscle Control and Compressed Knowledge.

There is one particular line that summed it all up for me in Compressed Knowledge. “For some, studying Kenpo starts shedding light on what they thought was reality but really was an "ideal phase" of their thinking. Selective reasoning.” This is EXACTLY what Kenpo has done for me but never knew how to put it to words.

And yup, planning on taking a trip to Pasadena early next year. Looking forward to meeting and receiving a few bumps and bruises from some of the folks at the school.

Carrie

Carrie Yaffe

September 19th, 2008, 4:38 pm #3

Wait till you see the Irish seminars on Mr Tatum's, private dojo he was out of this world we had 45 black belts on the Thursday night class and they all came back for more the next day. Over the weekend we all had a blast this man is Kenpo at it best.

Yours in Kenpo Friendship.
Patrick S Kennedy.
Secretary.
LTKKA. Ireland

September 20th, 2008, 6:26 am #4

Just kiddin'...

I agree Jeff. The seminar classes are great, like the tip of the week on steroids but the Insights and Ask the Master section are awesome as well. This month Mr. Tatum has three topics in the Insights section; Arrange Your Grafting to Include Category of Completion, Differentiate Muscle Control and Compressed Knowledge.

There is one particular line that summed it all up for me in Compressed Knowledge. “For some, studying Kenpo starts shedding light on what they thought was reality but really was an "ideal phase" of their thinking. Selective reasoning.” This is EXACTLY what Kenpo has done for me but never knew how to put it to words.

And yup, planning on taking a trip to Pasadena early next year. Looking forward to meeting and receiving a few bumps and bruises from some of the folks at the school.

Carrie

Carrie Yaffe
Private dojo is good for a dimension of "fighting".Don't get me wrong,it was neat to look at (great shots from a hand held).I wondered,as I viewed the students,how many of them could actually UTILIZE the various techniques.If I'm not mistaken,their seemed to be a lot of gray practitioners who mechanically couldn't pull off the sequences with much vigor.I understand "overskill" and "overkill" but where does the art grow up?It's an exercise in 1970's karate where it was new THEN.Times have changed."The Next Generation" of 1972?MY daughter regularly chokes out the karate kid next door after only 2 months at a jiu-jitsu school!2 MONTHS!!!"Dojo" has a moment but when will the content get in pace with the technology it was shot on?I am not knocking the art.Absolutely not.I'm knocking on the doors of practitioners and "old school" masters who are stuck in the past,and for purposes to maintain validity,exist in a "classical mess".Put the dime away and get a cell phone.

September 20th, 2008, 12:20 pm #5

and since you opened your hole to spew platitudes with backhanded compliments, maybe, just maybe, you'll say something stupid enough to get all the Tatum line over to KN to ask you.

a)where are your videos buddy?

b)who's your daddy?

c)why won't you put your name in your, ahem, post?

d)what's it worth to you to make claims without backin' them up?

Now, I like a good verbal train wreck, KN has some very funny ones (read Ahmen Ra's posts, also known as a left turn into obnoxious). But come on, who are you trying to impress? PIWYHOLOBE (acronym) - put it where your hole ought to be. How close was that Mr. Hole?

I think I'd better quite now, Tatum bashing lasts longer on KN than anywhere else. Let the games begin! Tag you're it Robert. LOL

Clark

September 20th, 2008, 3:53 pm #6

Hi Clark,

Not many out there that will tell you what they think, and take the flack for it...But then one has to be pretty secure in one's own-self and whence you came... Or just are crazy LOL...

Those who do the "monkey dance" are not to be concerned about IMHO... That is a good term in the "Book by Sgt Rory Miller" about real confrontation's, and MA.

Regards,
Gary

September 21st, 2008, 2:41 am #7

and since you opened your hole to spew platitudes with backhanded compliments, maybe, just maybe, you'll say something stupid enough to get all the Tatum line over to KN to ask you.

a)where are your videos buddy?

b)who's your daddy?

c)why won't you put your name in your, ahem, post?

d)what's it worth to you to make claims without backin' them up?

Now, I like a good verbal train wreck, KN has some very funny ones (read Ahmen Ra's posts, also known as a left turn into obnoxious). But come on, who are you trying to impress? PIWYHOLOBE (acronym) - put it where your hole ought to be. How close was that Mr. Hole?

I think I'd better quite now, Tatum bashing lasts longer on KN than anywhere else. Let the games begin! Tag you're it Robert. LOL

Clark
Grow up.Wake up.I'm at The Gracie Academy five days a week.Come by ask for Cedric.

September 21st, 2008, 6:19 am #8

Can we get a deletion yet? Challenge posts, whoopy!

kralC

September 21st, 2008, 7:38 am #9

Grow up.Wake up.I'm at The Gracie Academy five days a week.Come by ask for Cedric.
You are in Torrence?
How long have you been doing Gracie Jiu Jitsu..
I might have to come see what you are babbling about here.. I mean come on all that wrasslin doesn't work against Kenpo Ill give it a shot.

September 21st, 2008, 6:23 pm #10

The name is familiar to me, we have mutual aquaintance's.

Respectfully,
Gary