Amazing weekend with Mr. Pick and Mr. Kelley

Amazing weekend with Mr. Pick and Mr. Kelley

August 25th, 2008, 2:56 pm #1

We are now winding down from a phenomenal weekend at my school featuring Grandmaster Michael Robert Pick and Senior Professor Sean P. Kelley. No words can express the gratitude I have for these fine men to take time out of their crazy lives to spend it with me and my family.

The seminar was mindboggling to say the least. I have never seen any two instructors complement one another so well as a team. Although I am always excited to train with both of these fine men, it was great to have them together at my school.

There are many people to thank, and I will start with Mr. Pick. This was the first time he came to my school. I have to say that our relationship has grown immensly within the last two years and this weekend brought me closer to him than I could ever realize (not talking about his hammerfists crashing through my body either--that's another story). I can't thank him enough for sharing his combative wisdom with me and all the stories. I am honored to be a part of his circle.

I also can't thank Mr. Kelley enough for everything he does for me. He is a phenomenal instructor who has more knowledge than people realize and everytime I train with him I learn more and more. He does not get the credit he deserves for all he does for people. Let me just say that without Mr. Kelley I would be, as Mr. Pick says, "Lost in the sauce." Mr. Kelley opened the doors for me and without him I would not be training under Mr. Pick, Mr. Hebler and Mr. Schulte and my direction would be down the toilet bowl. Thank-you Mr. Kelley for everything. I am one person who will always remember what you have done for me and my family.

I would like to thank all those who attended from out of town: Kevin Kuliga, Bill Larson, Chris Genell, Kurt Snyder, John Burkhardt, Bruce Wolf, Scott Southwell, James Southwell and Matt Trejo. Without the support of you guys something like this would be difficult to put together. I had an awesome time training with all of you.

I want to say that I was extremely impressed with Jamie Seabrook's students Scott and James Southwell and Matt Trejo. They were great humble men who really were eager to train and learn. They definetely represented Jamie very well and we welcome them back to my school anytime.

I could type so much more, but I will leave it at that. For those who were here, they know how amazing it was. Lastly I would like to thank my students for being a part of this historical weekend. They are the next generation.

Yours,

Michael Miller
CKF Public Relations Administrator
www.chinesekaratefederation.com
www.millersdojo.com

August 25th, 2008, 3:26 pm #2

Sounds like an awesome time!! I won't ask the usual question of what you learned, but instead, just out of curiosity, what was covered at the seminar?

Mike

August 25th, 2008, 4:06 pm #3

Mr. Pick covered:

1) Kenpo basics
2) Empty hand knife attacks
3) Attack the Attack

Mr. Pick had a heavy focal point on generating energy through your stances.

Mr. Kelley covered:

1) Position Recognition
2) Grafting

The weekend was amazing. Thank-you for not asking the usual question. There would be too much to type and I prefer not to answer such questions anyway (nothing against those who ask it).

Michael Miller

August 25th, 2008, 5:15 pm #4

We are now winding down from a phenomenal weekend at my school featuring Grandmaster Michael Robert Pick and Senior Professor Sean P. Kelley. No words can express the gratitude I have for these fine men to take time out of their crazy lives to spend it with me and my family.

The seminar was mindboggling to say the least. I have never seen any two instructors complement one another so well as a team. Although I am always excited to train with both of these fine men, it was great to have them together at my school.

There are many people to thank, and I will start with Mr. Pick. This was the first time he came to my school. I have to say that our relationship has grown immensly within the last two years and this weekend brought me closer to him than I could ever realize (not talking about his hammerfists crashing through my body either--that's another story). I can't thank him enough for sharing his combative wisdom with me and all the stories. I am honored to be a part of his circle.

I also can't thank Mr. Kelley enough for everything he does for me. He is a phenomenal instructor who has more knowledge than people realize and everytime I train with him I learn more and more. He does not get the credit he deserves for all he does for people. Let me just say that without Mr. Kelley I would be, as Mr. Pick says, "Lost in the sauce." Mr. Kelley opened the doors for me and without him I would not be training under Mr. Pick, Mr. Hebler and Mr. Schulte and my direction would be down the toilet bowl. Thank-you Mr. Kelley for everything. I am one person who will always remember what you have done for me and my family.

I would like to thank all those who attended from out of town: Kevin Kuliga, Bill Larson, Chris Genell, Kurt Snyder, John Burkhardt, Bruce Wolf, Scott Southwell, James Southwell and Matt Trejo. Without the support of you guys something like this would be difficult to put together. I had an awesome time training with all of you.

I want to say that I was extremely impressed with Jamie Seabrook's students Scott and James Southwell and Matt Trejo. They were great humble men who really were eager to train and learn. They definetely represented Jamie very well and we welcome them back to my school anytime.

I could type so much more, but I will leave it at that. For those who were here, they know how amazing it was. Lastly I would like to thank my students for being a part of this historical weekend. They are the next generation.

Yours,

Michael Miller
www.millersdojo.com
I have been reading Jamie Seabrooks publication again and find that it is really a good guide to understanding the system of EPS.
I am glad to read that his students and Mike Trejo came to your event. Sort of an East Coast-West Coast unity.

Is it a "share thing" or just a listen and see what we are now doing? Since Mike Pick is into stance's. I am curious as to who he gives the origin of SS1 and SS2 to?

Curious to understanding the complexity of what is happening now, on the East Coast.

Regards,
Gary

August 25th, 2008, 5:17 pm #5

Mr. Pick covered:

1) Kenpo basics
2) Empty hand knife attacks
3) Attack the Attack

Mr. Pick had a heavy focal point on generating energy through your stances.

Mr. Kelley covered:

1) Position Recognition
2) Grafting

The weekend was amazing. Thank-you for not asking the usual question. There would be too much to type and I prefer not to answer such questions anyway (nothing against those who ask it).

Michael Miller
"(nothing against those who ask it)."

Nice...LOL!

Glad you had a good time, Mike.

CT

but that's just my opinion I could be wrong.
Dennis Miller

August 25th, 2008, 6:11 pm #6

I have been reading Jamie Seabrooks publication again and find that it is really a good guide to understanding the system of EPS.
I am glad to read that his students and Mike Trejo came to your event. Sort of an East Coast-West Coast unity.

Is it a "share thing" or just a listen and see what we are now doing? Since Mike Pick is into stance's. I am curious as to who he gives the origin of SS1 and SS2 to?

Curious to understanding the complexity of what is happening now, on the East Coast.

Regards,
Gary
Sir,

It is Matt Trejo, not Mike. Jamie Seabrook is from Canada and three of his students came to the seminar. Matt Trejo was one of them.

Anyway, Mr. Pick has an amazing view on the formation of energy through stances. His stuff is top notch and is right on in terms of combat. He teaches a set based system and after this past weekend I now have a much better understanding as to why he does this.

Michael Miller

August 25th, 2008, 6:50 pm #7

It is Matt Trejo, not Mike. Jamie Seabrook is from Canada and three of his students came to the seminar. Matt Trejo was one of them.

Thank you for the correction on the first name of Trejo, guess I had Mike on my mind and didn't do a real good job of editing.

So can you find out from GM Mike Pick his position on the stances SS1&2.

I understand that Jamie is in Canada, is Matt a westcoast student, and part of the Trejo clan?

Regards,
Gary

August 25th, 2008, 7:17 pm #8

Sir,

To my knowledge, Matt Trejo trains solely under Jamie Seabrook and is not related to Mr. Frank Trejo.

As for your question, I will put it on the next Pick's Corner interview for the CKF Web site for all to enjoy.

Michael Miller, CKF

August 25th, 2008, 8:45 pm #9

Michael,

Thank you,

Regards,
Gary

August 25th, 2008, 9:42 pm #10

Yours,

Michael Miller
www.millersdojo.com
Thank you very much Mr. Miller for hosting the seminars, we had a great time. All I can say is, Mr. Pick is amazing and I'm looking forward to when I can see him again. A special thanks to Mr. Kelley and all the CKF group for the warm welcome and I can't wait to train with you guys again, Thanks Scott Southwell