Conference here we come

Conference here we come

Mercader
Mercader

May 19th, 2017, 4:31 pm #1

Just posting this to see if there is any life left anywhere in PCS.

The R&C Group election was an uproarious success. Everyone who stood got elected, apart from Jake Wilde who forgot to stand for the GEC as well as AGS, and didn't get elected for anything. Apart from ARC, obviously.

So a stunningly exciting two days ahead by the seaside. I will ensure that I visit the Sea Haze whelk stall to ensure that I update myself on how such a thing should be run. Pity PCS doesn't do the same thing, but it's too busy implementing Building our Failure on behalf of management to do that and ensuring we don't get a pay rise. (You think your office isn't closing? Really? Good luck with that.)

Massive turnout in R&C elections, 2,250 ballots or 6.3% turnout. Some branches are bigger than that. Not sure what the other 33,200 members were doing but plainly taking no interest at all in what is now an LU only party. Or of course, so enthralled by the dynamic leadership that there was no point in standing anyway (that'll be it). Similar picture in the National elections, but at least the turnout was up to a stunning 8.3% at 13,618. Leaving some 155,000 members with a spare balloting envelope on the mantelpiece. La Godrich once again will enchant us with her presence and complete incompetence in the face of continued destruction of the civil service, but at least Bev Laidlaw got a reasonable number of votes in opposition to her.

Hey ho, off to sunny Brighton we go, but at least in the Hewison Hall you can watch the ships go by.

Daffy Duck
Daffy Duck

May 31st, 2017, 6:35 pm #2

Didn't you jump ship and join the Rabid Cocksure Turnip's Unction? How many participated in their annual elections? Annual conference at a phonebox near Ludlow.

Unless, of course, you never actually left PCS.