at last results with inversion

at last results with inversion

March 13th, 2005, 11:47 pm #1

I have been doing inversion for nearly 2 months now. The first month no results. In the last 2 weeks, I have been hanging for 20 minutes a day. Basically with an 80 pound weight in my hands, I twist, turn, and sway on the inversion table and then hang without and weights for 10minutes. I do this twice a day.
I finally measured myself and half an inch taller. I am very excited about this gain but first of all, I don't know if its growth from inversion or if it is permanent. I have also been doing a lot of jump roping, maybe that had an effect? Well, I don't want to get people over excited but its kind of nice to be noticeably taller than that line thats been on my door for the past few months.

March 14th, 2005, 2:32 am #2

wow how did you hang for so long? I feel like its killing my ankles. I know sometimes the pain goes off after a while though. And congratulations!

March 14th, 2005, 3:51 am #3

I have been doing inversion for nearly 2 months now. The first month no results. In the last 2 weeks, I have been hanging for 20 minutes a day. Basically with an 80 pound weight in my hands, I twist, turn, and sway on the inversion table and then hang without and weights for 10minutes. I do this twice a day.
I finally measured myself and half an inch taller. I am very excited about this gain but first of all, I don't know if its growth from inversion or if it is permanent. I have also been doing a lot of jump roping, maybe that had an effect? Well, I don't want to get people over excited but its kind of nice to be noticeably taller than that line thats been on my door for the past few months.
i know that exact same gratification ^^ its finally nice to have some results! but be weary.. the next progression of results are like 2x or even 3x harder imo.. i would try doing something else to improve your results even more. i.e. stretching/cycling or other stuff

March 14th, 2005, 3:53 am #4

wow how did you hang for so long? I feel like its killing my ankles. I know sometimes the pain goes off after a while though. And congratulations!
i wear ugg boots to protect my ankles and also read while im upside down, time flies.

March 15th, 2005, 3:10 am #5

Two Questions for you:

1)How old are you?

and

2)is the half- inch gain consistent in both the morning and night-time?

I'm sure you know about the spinal compression or whatever that happens to everyone throughout the day...

Otherwise sounds good man! Congrats!

March 15th, 2005, 2:10 pm #6

you mean 80 lb dumbbell (40 lb dumbbell each hand)?

something like this? If not, then what kind of weight do you use?

March 15th, 2005, 3:17 pm #7

80lbs is as rediculous as it gets. Some say 40lbs feel like dislocating their legs from their upper body by inverting, and you say 80 pounds for 10 min twice a day. I dont know if its a lie, BUT THIS IS SERIOUSLY DANGEROUS.

March 15th, 2005, 6:02 pm #8

I hold the 80 pounds for about a minute as i twist and turn with it. Then I just hang upside down with no weights for 10min while reading. Before I finish, I grab the weights and twisr and then get off.

March 15th, 2005, 6:02 pm #9

you mean 80 lb dumbbell (40 lb dumbbell each hand)?

something like this? If not, then what kind of weight do you use?

I used to do the ankle weight routine. I have 4 20 pound ankle weights. I stack them on top of one another and use it.

March 15th, 2005, 6:03 pm #10

Two Questions for you:

1)How old are you?

and

2)is the half- inch gain consistent in both the morning and night-time?

I'm sure you know about the spinal compression or whatever that happens to everyone throughout the day...

Otherwise sounds good man! Congrats!
im 21 and the gains are consistent 24/7. I notice that I am waay taller after I do it or when I wake up. I measure myself after the gym to make sure and lo, I am half an inch taller.