TRINITY BELIEF

TRINITY BELIEF

July 26th, 2012, 1:01 am #1

Those who belong to Catholic and Protestant denomination in this forum. Can you please answer the following questions:

1. What is the major difference between Catholic and Protestant belief about TRINITY?

2. Who first introduced the doctrinal belief about Trinity...Catholic or Protestant?

3. Can we consider Protestant as a breakaway group from the Catholic religion?

4. What Catholic doctrines did the Protestant are still following up to these days?

Sorry for my english and thank you so much!

July 26th, 2012, 11:56 pm #2

Protestants began with Martin Luther essentially however there has always been believers since Jesus who are not Roman Catholic however they were called apostates and killed and murdered by the RCC. Protestants and RCC's believe the same Trinity to my understanding.

If you are INC or do not accept and believe in the Trinity, please follow these links to my studies and video on the issue.

http://www.dk777.com/
http://www.dk777.com/trinityfaq.html

God Bless
Jason

July 27th, 2012, 2:09 pm #3

Those who belong to Catholic and Protestant denomination in this forum. Can you please answer the following questions:

1. What is the major difference between Catholic and Protestant belief about TRINITY?

2. Who first introduced the doctrinal belief about Trinity...Catholic or Protestant?

4. What Catholic doctrines did the Protestant are still following up to these days?

1. Most Protestants nowadays believe in the Trinity theory that they inherited from the Catholics. Though even at the start of Protestantism there were a few Protestants who rejected the Trinity theory, like Servetus, Socinus and Hetzer. Servetus believed in a modalist idea, like the early Christian modalists of the second century, that Jesus is the same person as the Father. Socinus and Hetzer believed instead that Jesus is not God, that belief was likely present among some Christians already in the first century. The followers of Socinus continue still to the present, especially in Transylvania in Romania, as the Unitanian churches there. But most Unitarians in the US have become non-Christian. The modalism of Servetus died out, but was later revived by Oneness Pentecostal churches, like for example the United Pentecostal Church International. It was also revived by pseudo-Christian churches like the Swedenborgian churches and the Christian Science, but those are outside the limits of Christianity, because they don't believe that Jesus died for our sins. But the Oneness churches are within Christianity, even though their doctrine is faulty on this issue. There is no evidence that any Christians believed in modalism in the first century.
2. The Catholic church invented the trinity theory. The evidence seems to indicate that for most of the second century the Catholic church was binitarian, believing that God is two persons, the Father and the Son, but the Holy Spirit was not a person. Some churches have revived binitarianism today. But at the end of the second century the Catholic theologians have clearly concluded that the Holy Spirit is a person, so they became trinitarian.
3. In a way, Protestants are break away from Catholicism, but it could be argued that they restored the Protestantism of the first century, when the church protested against Judaism. But since today's Protestantism is not guided by inspired apostles, there is a lot of variety of doctrines on various issues among the many churches.
4. Protestants, as I mentioned above, are varied, so some follow many Catholic doctrines while others follow hardly any. Most follow such Catholic errors as Christmas, Easter Sunday, All Saints Day. Most follow the Catholic error of believing that after death souls are alive in heaven or hell, and likewise after the resurrection. Though at least they reject the error of purgatory. Some Protestants have the pagan custom of patron saints, naming churches, cities etc. after saints. A few even pray to saints. Some believe Mary remained a virgin, misinterpreting the Bible as the Catholics do on this. But thankfully all reject such Catholic errors like that Mary was sinless, or that she shares with Jesus in redeeming us from sins. Some Protestants share such Catholic errors about water baptism like that it saves, it is for babies too, and that sprinkling is enough. Some have the error that the Bible is not enough, they believe in dreams and visions from God, even prophecies, so misguided. A few believe even that decisions of some church councils were inspired by God, even though Paul wrote clearly not to go beyond what is written (1 Cor. 4:6). Almost all believe unfortunately that it is known whether Jesus is God or not, even though Jesus himself said that nobody knows who he is except the Father (Luke 10:22). But there are a few Protestants like myself who have rejected all Catholic innovations and try hard to follow the doctrines of first century Protestantism, as Jesus taught it to his disciples. But none of us is infallible, that ended when the apostles died.

July 27th, 2012, 8:41 pm #4

Protestants began with Martin Luther essentially however there has always been believers since Jesus who are not Roman Catholic however they were called apostates and killed and murdered by the RCC. Protestants and RCC's believe the same Trinity to my understanding.

If you are INC or do not accept and believe in the Trinity, please follow these links to my studies and video on the issue.

God Bless
Jason
Are you a Catholic or Protestant? Just want to know your position on this issue as well as where do you based your belief on Trinity.

Thank you!

July 27th, 2012, 8:44 pm #5

1. Most Protestants nowadays believe in the Trinity theory that they inherited from the Catholics. Though even at the start of Protestantism there were a few Protestants who rejected the Trinity theory, like Servetus, Socinus and Hetzer. Servetus believed in a modalist idea, like the early Christian modalists of the second century, that Jesus is the same person as the Father. Socinus and Hetzer believed instead that Jesus is not God, that belief was likely present among some Christians already in the first century. The followers of Socinus continue still to the present, especially in Transylvania in Romania, as the Unitanian churches there. But most Unitarians in the US have become non-Christian. The modalism of Servetus died out, but was later revived by Oneness Pentecostal churches, like for example the United Pentecostal Church International. It was also revived by pseudo-Christian churches like the Swedenborgian churches and the Christian Science, but those are outside the limits of Christianity, because they don't believe that Jesus died for our sins. But the Oneness churches are within Christianity, even though their doctrine is faulty on this issue. There is no evidence that any Christians believed in modalism in the first century.
2. The Catholic church invented the trinity theory. The evidence seems to indicate that for most of the second century the Catholic church was binitarian, believing that God is two persons, the Father and the Son, but the Holy Spirit was not a person. Some churches have revived binitarianism today. But at the end of the second century the Catholic theologians have clearly concluded that the Holy Spirit is a person, so they became trinitarian.
3. In a way, Protestants are break away from Catholicism, but it could be argued that they restored the Protestantism of the first century, when the church protested against Judaism. But since today's Protestantism is not guided by inspired apostles, there is a lot of variety of doctrines on various issues among the many churches.
4. Protestants, as I mentioned above, are varied, so some follow many Catholic doctrines while others follow hardly any. Most follow such Catholic errors as Christmas, Easter Sunday, All Saints Day. Most follow the Catholic error of believing that after death souls are alive in heaven or hell, and likewise after the resurrection. Though at least they reject the error of purgatory. Some Protestants have the pagan custom of patron saints, naming churches, cities etc. after saints. A few even pray to saints. Some believe Mary remained a virgin, misinterpreting the Bible as the Catholics do on this. But thankfully all reject such Catholic errors like that Mary was sinless, or that she shares with Jesus in redeeming us from sins. Some Protestants share such Catholic errors about water baptism like that it saves, it is for babies too, and that sprinkling is enough. Some have the error that the Bible is not enough, they believe in dreams and visions from God, even prophecies, so misguided. A few believe even that decisions of some church councils were inspired by God, even though Paul wrote clearly not to go beyond what is written (1 Cor. 4:6). Almost all believe unfortunately that it is known whether Jesus is God or not, even though Jesus himself said that nobody knows who he is except the Father (Luke 10:22). But there are a few Protestants like myself who have rejected all Catholic innovations and try hard to follow the doctrines of first century Protestantism, as Jesus taught it to his disciples. But none of us is infallible, that ended when the apostles died.
Thank you very much Tomas!

Which protestant denomination do you belong and what kind of Trinitarian belief do you adhere?

July 27th, 2012, 9:20 pm #6

Are you a Catholic or Protestant? Just want to know your position on this issue as well as where do you based your belief on Trinity.

Thank you!
Non denominational protestant. Currently go to / work at an assembly of God church but preferr Calvary Chapel's.

Yo

J

July 28th, 2012, 5:05 am #7

Thanks Jason on your response!

Please answer the following remaining questions in details:

July 28th, 2012, 5:18 am #8

God Bless
Jason
"Protestants began with Martin Luther essentially however there has always been believers since Jesus who are not Roman Catholic however they were called apostates and killed and murdered by the RCC. Protestants and RCC's believe the same Trinity to my understanding."

Thank you again for your reply!

Please answer the following questions:

1) Does Jesus have religion? If Yes, what is his religion?

2) Is it true that since the time of Jesus there were already "apostates"?

3) Are "apostates" the same as apostles or disciples?

4) You mean during the time of Jesus, Roman Catholic was already established?

5) I have talked to some of my Trinitarian friends and they said that Catholic don't share the same TRINITY belief with Protestant, can you please verify this to me?

Will wait for your answer.

-Eric

July 29th, 2012, 2:14 am #9

If anyone knows the answer to the question below, please let me know.

Is Oneness belief the same as Trinitarian belief?

Thank you!

-Eric V.

July 29th, 2012, 4:58 am #10

Learn from the devil, Eric.

James 2:19 (Darby Translation)
19*Thou* believest that God is one. Thou doest well. The demons even believe, and tremble.