The History of Trinity Belief/Doctrine! (PART 1)

The History of Trinity Belief/Doctrine! (PART 1)

Joined: July 26th, 2012, 12:56 am

July 31st, 2012, 8:01 am #1

NOTE:
When you ask someone on when and how s/he learned about her/his Trinity belief, the tendency for that person is to evade the historical FACTS that surrounded that FALSE doctrine.

If you are a TRUE Christian as you claim, you need to wake up and abandon this PAGAN doctrine!

THE HISTORICAL BUILDUP:
Fact One -- The word Trinity is nowhere found in the scriptures.

Fact Two -- Not one of the Apostolic Fathers (Clement, Barnabas, Ignatius, Mathetes, Polycarp, Papias, Justin Martyr) mentioned this doctrine in any of the 1200 pages of text they left us.

Fact Three -- When the word "Trinity" first appeared in Christian writings it meant nothing like it does today. It simply implied the existence of God, his Word, and Wisdom.

Fact Four -- Irenaeus, Clement of Alexandria, Tertullian, Origen, Novatian, Arnobius and Lactantius (all early and revered Christian writers) explicitly affirmed that the Heavenly Father alone is the supreme God and that Jesus is subordinate to His will and authority (The Lord our God is one Lord, Bible Students Congregation of New Brunswick, page 2). "During the first three centuries ... almost all of the early church Fathers ... admitted the inferiority of the Son to the Father" (Alvan Lamson, Church of the First Three Centuries).

Fact Five -- The early formal statement of Christian belief never mentions the word "Trinity" or any of its concepts. It is termed the "Apostles' Creed" (though not composed by the apostles). It was used extensively in the 2nd and 3rd centuries of the Christian era. As regards God and Jesus, it affirms exactly what we affirm. It says simply:

"I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth. And in Jesus Christ, his only son our Lord: who was conceived by the holy spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God, the Father Almighty: From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the holy spirit; the holy catholic Church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen"

LANGUAGE LIFTED FROM HEATHEN SOURCES:
Now compare that simple statement of belief, so clear and brief, to the Creed produced from the Council at Nice in 325 AD. (Our comments in Bold Italic.)

"We believe in one God the Father Almighty, Maker of all things visible and invisible; and in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God begotten of the Father, Only-begotten, (so far so good, the language is mostly from the Apostles Creed. But now follows the strange new terminology) that is of the substance of the Father; God of God; Light of Light; very God of very God; begotten, not made; of the same substance with the Father; (end of mystical language, back to scriptural language) by whom all things were made, both things in heaven and things in earth; who for us men and our salvation descended and became flesh, was made man, suffered, and rose again the third day. He ascended into heaven; he cometh to judge the quick and dead. And in the Holy Spirit. (Now resumes the new concepts, full of bitterness to dissenters.) But those that say there was a time when he was not; or that he was not before he was begotten; or that he was made from that which had no being; or whom affirm the Son of God to be of any other substance or essence, or created, (despite three clear scriptures!) or variable, or mutable, such persons doth the Catholic and Apostolic Church anathematize."

Note these strange, philosophical, mystical expressions -- "one substance of the Father, God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God."Such strange words, foreign alike to the word and sense of any Scripture. Where, oh where do these come from? Who invented them? Whence there source?The answer is both startling, and chilling. John Newton, in Origin of Triads and Trinities, wrote:

"With the first glimpse of a distinct religion and worship among the most ancient races, we find them grouping their gods in triads....[now citing Professor Sayce from Gifford Lectures and Hibbert Lectures] 'The indebtedness of Christian theological theory to ancient Egyptian dogma is nowhere more striking than in the doctrine of the Trinity. The very same terms used of it by Christian theologians meet us again in the inscriptions and papyri of Egypt.' [Newton continues] And now we see some meaning in the strange phrases that have puzzled so many generations in the Nicene and Athanasian Creeds, such as 'Light of Light, Very God of Very God, Begotten not Made, Being of one Substance with the Father.' These are all understandable enough if translated into the language of the Solar Trinity [worshipped in ancient Egypt], but without this clue to their meaning, they become sheer nonsense or contradictions ... The simplicity and symmetry of the old Sun Trinities were utterly lost in forming these new Christian Creeds on the old Pagan models....The [pagan] trinities had all the prestige of a vast antiquity and universal adoption, and could not be ignored. The gentile converts therefore eagerly accepted the Trinity compromise, and the Church baptized it. Now at length we know its origin." (John Newton, Origin of Triads and Trinities, Liverpool, 1909, pp. 20-21, 25-27).

Will Durant, the popular Catholic historian of our day, wrote:

"Christianity did not destroy paganism; it adopted it ...pagan cultures contributed to the syncretist results. From Egypt came the ideas of a divine trinity ..." (Caesar and Christ, page 595) (Lamson, Newton & Durant cited from Charles Redeker, To Us there is One God, June 1978).


No wonder the confusion.No wonder the controversy. No wonder the debate. No wonder that all Christendom was torn by disputes about the Trinity.

PART 2 to follow...
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 21st, 2012, 3:34 pm

July 31st, 2012, 11:40 am #2

Fact One -- The words "last messenger" is nowhere found in the scriptures.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 21st, 2012, 3:34 pm

July 31st, 2012, 11:41 am #3

NOTE:
When you ask someone on when and how s/he learned about her/his Trinity belief, the tendency for that person is to evade the historical FACTS that surrounded that FALSE doctrine.

If you are a TRUE Christian as you claim, you need to wake up and abandon this PAGAN doctrine!

THE HISTORICAL BUILDUP:
Fact One -- The word Trinity is nowhere found in the scriptures.

Fact Two -- Not one of the Apostolic Fathers (Clement, Barnabas, Ignatius, Mathetes, Polycarp, Papias, Justin Martyr) mentioned this doctrine in any of the 1200 pages of text they left us.

Fact Three -- When the word "Trinity" first appeared in Christian writings it meant nothing like it does today. It simply implied the existence of God, his Word, and Wisdom.

Fact Four -- Irenaeus, Clement of Alexandria, Tertullian, Origen, Novatian, Arnobius and Lactantius (all early and revered Christian writers) explicitly affirmed that the Heavenly Father alone is the supreme God and that Jesus is subordinate to His will and authority (The Lord our God is one Lord, Bible Students Congregation of New Brunswick, page 2). "During the first three centuries ... almost all of the early church Fathers ... admitted the inferiority of the Son to the Father" (Alvan Lamson, Church of the First Three Centuries).

Fact Five -- The early formal statement of Christian belief never mentions the word "Trinity" or any of its concepts. It is termed the "Apostles' Creed" (though not composed by the apostles). It was used extensively in the 2nd and 3rd centuries of the Christian era. As regards God and Jesus, it affirms exactly what we affirm. It says simply:

"I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth. And in Jesus Christ, his only son our Lord: who was conceived by the holy spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God, the Father Almighty: From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the holy spirit; the holy catholic Church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen"

LANGUAGE LIFTED FROM HEATHEN SOURCES:
Now compare that simple statement of belief, so clear and brief, to the Creed produced from the Council at Nice in 325 AD. (Our comments in Bold Italic.)

"We believe in one God the Father Almighty, Maker of all things visible and invisible; and in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God begotten of the Father, Only-begotten, (so far so good, the language is mostly from the Apostles Creed. But now follows the strange new terminology) that is of the substance of the Father; God of God; Light of Light; very God of very God; begotten, not made; of the same substance with the Father; (end of mystical language, back to scriptural language) by whom all things were made, both things in heaven and things in earth; who for us men and our salvation descended and became flesh, was made man, suffered, and rose again the third day. He ascended into heaven; he cometh to judge the quick and dead. And in the Holy Spirit. (Now resumes the new concepts, full of bitterness to dissenters.) But those that say there was a time when he was not; or that he was not before he was begotten; or that he was made from that which had no being; or whom affirm the Son of God to be of any other substance or essence, or created, (despite three clear scriptures!) or variable, or mutable, such persons doth the Catholic and Apostolic Church anathematize."

Note these strange, philosophical, mystical expressions -- "one substance of the Father, God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God."Such strange words, foreign alike to the word and sense of any Scripture. Where, oh where do these come from? Who invented them? Whence there source?The answer is both startling, and chilling. John Newton, in Origin of Triads and Trinities, wrote:

"With the first glimpse of a distinct religion and worship among the most ancient races, we find them grouping their gods in triads....[now citing Professor Sayce from Gifford Lectures and Hibbert Lectures] 'The indebtedness of Christian theological theory to ancient Egyptian dogma is nowhere more striking than in the doctrine of the Trinity. The very same terms used of it by Christian theologians meet us again in the inscriptions and papyri of Egypt.' [Newton continues] And now we see some meaning in the strange phrases that have puzzled so many generations in the Nicene and Athanasian Creeds, such as 'Light of Light, Very God of Very God, Begotten not Made, Being of one Substance with the Father.' These are all understandable enough if translated into the language of the Solar Trinity [worshipped in ancient Egypt], but without this clue to their meaning, they become sheer nonsense or contradictions ... The simplicity and symmetry of the old Sun Trinities were utterly lost in forming these new Christian Creeds on the old Pagan models....The [pagan] trinities had all the prestige of a vast antiquity and universal adoption, and could not be ignored. The gentile converts therefore eagerly accepted the Trinity compromise, and the Church baptized it. Now at length we know its origin." (John Newton, Origin of Triads and Trinities, Liverpool, 1909, pp. 20-21, 25-27).

Will Durant, the popular Catholic historian of our day, wrote:

"Christianity did not destroy paganism; it adopted it ...pagan cultures contributed to the syncretist results. From Egypt came the ideas of a divine trinity ..." (Caesar and Christ, page 595) (Lamson, Newton & Durant cited from Charles Redeker, To Us there is One God, June 1978).


No wonder the confusion.No wonder the controversy. No wonder the debate. No wonder that all Christendom was torn by disputes about the Trinity.

PART 2 to follow...
Fact Two -- Not one of the Apostolic Fathers (Clement, Barnabas, Ignatius, Mathetes, Polycarp, Papias, Justin Martyr) mentioned this doctrine (last messenger) in any of the 1200 pages of text they left us.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: November 2nd, 2007, 7:52 pm

July 31st, 2012, 12:52 pm #4

NOTE:
When you ask someone on when and how s/he learned about her/his Trinity belief, the tendency for that person is to evade the historical FACTS that surrounded that FALSE doctrine.

If you are a TRUE Christian as you claim, you need to wake up and abandon this PAGAN doctrine!

THE HISTORICAL BUILDUP:
Fact One -- The word Trinity is nowhere found in the scriptures.

Fact Two -- Not one of the Apostolic Fathers (Clement, Barnabas, Ignatius, Mathetes, Polycarp, Papias, Justin Martyr) mentioned this doctrine in any of the 1200 pages of text they left us.

Fact Three -- When the word "Trinity" first appeared in Christian writings it meant nothing like it does today. It simply implied the existence of God, his Word, and Wisdom.

Fact Four -- Irenaeus, Clement of Alexandria, Tertullian, Origen, Novatian, Arnobius and Lactantius (all early and revered Christian writers) explicitly affirmed that the Heavenly Father alone is the supreme God and that Jesus is subordinate to His will and authority (The Lord our God is one Lord, Bible Students Congregation of New Brunswick, page 2). "During the first three centuries ... almost all of the early church Fathers ... admitted the inferiority of the Son to the Father" (Alvan Lamson, Church of the First Three Centuries).

Fact Five -- The early formal statement of Christian belief never mentions the word "Trinity" or any of its concepts. It is termed the "Apostles' Creed" (though not composed by the apostles). It was used extensively in the 2nd and 3rd centuries of the Christian era. As regards God and Jesus, it affirms exactly what we affirm. It says simply:

"I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth. And in Jesus Christ, his only son our Lord: who was conceived by the holy spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God, the Father Almighty: From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the holy spirit; the holy catholic Church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen"

LANGUAGE LIFTED FROM HEATHEN SOURCES:
Now compare that simple statement of belief, so clear and brief, to the Creed produced from the Council at Nice in 325 AD. (Our comments in Bold Italic.)

"We believe in one God the Father Almighty, Maker of all things visible and invisible; and in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God begotten of the Father, Only-begotten, (so far so good, the language is mostly from the Apostles Creed. But now follows the strange new terminology) that is of the substance of the Father; God of God; Light of Light; very God of very God; begotten, not made; of the same substance with the Father; (end of mystical language, back to scriptural language) by whom all things were made, both things in heaven and things in earth; who for us men and our salvation descended and became flesh, was made man, suffered, and rose again the third day. He ascended into heaven; he cometh to judge the quick and dead. And in the Holy Spirit. (Now resumes the new concepts, full of bitterness to dissenters.) But those that say there was a time when he was not; or that he was not before he was begotten; or that he was made from that which had no being; or whom affirm the Son of God to be of any other substance or essence, or created, (despite three clear scriptures!) or variable, or mutable, such persons doth the Catholic and Apostolic Church anathematize."

Note these strange, philosophical, mystical expressions -- "one substance of the Father, God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God."Such strange words, foreign alike to the word and sense of any Scripture. Where, oh where do these come from? Who invented them? Whence there source?The answer is both startling, and chilling. John Newton, in Origin of Triads and Trinities, wrote:

"With the first glimpse of a distinct religion and worship among the most ancient races, we find them grouping their gods in triads....[now citing Professor Sayce from Gifford Lectures and Hibbert Lectures] 'The indebtedness of Christian theological theory to ancient Egyptian dogma is nowhere more striking than in the doctrine of the Trinity. The very same terms used of it by Christian theologians meet us again in the inscriptions and papyri of Egypt.' [Newton continues] And now we see some meaning in the strange phrases that have puzzled so many generations in the Nicene and Athanasian Creeds, such as 'Light of Light, Very God of Very God, Begotten not Made, Being of one Substance with the Father.' These are all understandable enough if translated into the language of the Solar Trinity [worshipped in ancient Egypt], but without this clue to their meaning, they become sheer nonsense or contradictions ... The simplicity and symmetry of the old Sun Trinities were utterly lost in forming these new Christian Creeds on the old Pagan models....The [pagan] trinities had all the prestige of a vast antiquity and universal adoption, and could not be ignored. The gentile converts therefore eagerly accepted the Trinity compromise, and the Church baptized it. Now at length we know its origin." (John Newton, Origin of Triads and Trinities, Liverpool, 1909, pp. 20-21, 25-27).

Will Durant, the popular Catholic historian of our day, wrote:

"Christianity did not destroy paganism; it adopted it ...pagan cultures contributed to the syncretist results. From Egypt came the ideas of a divine trinity ..." (Caesar and Christ, page 595) (Lamson, Newton & Durant cited from Charles Redeker, To Us there is One God, June 1978).


No wonder the confusion.No wonder the controversy. No wonder the debate. No wonder that all Christendom was torn by disputes about the Trinity.

PART 2 to follow...
Jesus is God. And since there is only one God, Jesus is the only God.

The confusion comes into play with the words Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, in that most think that all three, or at least the two (Father/Son) are separate entities, or beings.

They cannot be separate beings, or entities if there is only one God.

Conclusion, Jesus is the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

We are all a trinity, so to speak.

Spirit and Soul and Body.

Jesus is the Body of the Spirit, and the spirit is Jesus in the Flesh. The Flesh was man, the Spirit is God. The Flesh was the shell of God.

God is NOT limited by a body, as the Father was in two places at the same time...In heaven, and In Jesus.

The Holy Spirit is for man, from God (Jesus).

Father is Spirit
Son is Body.

Together, they are life, as life requires a body. Without a body, God was dead for 3 days and 3 nights.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: July 26th, 2012, 12:56 am

July 31st, 2012, 3:10 pm #5

Fact One -- The words "last messenger" is nowhere found in the scriptures.
Will Durant, the popular Catholic historian of our day, wrote:

"Christianity did not destroy paganism; it adopted it ...pagan cultures contributed to the syncretist results. From Egypt came the ideas of a divine trinity ..." (Caesar and Christ, page 595) (Lamson, Newton & Durant cited from Charles Redeker, To Us there is One God, June 1978).


No wonder the confusion.No wonder the controversy. No wonder the debate. No wonder that all Christendom was torn by disputes about the Trinity.

PART 2 to follow...
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: July 26th, 2012, 12:56 am

July 31st, 2012, 3:11 pm #6

Fact Two -- Not one of the Apostolic Fathers (Clement, Barnabas, Ignatius, Mathetes, Polycarp, Papias, Justin Martyr) mentioned this doctrine (last messenger) in any of the 1200 pages of text they left us.
Will Durant, the popular Catholic historian of our day, wrote:

"Christianity did not destroy paganism; it adopted it ...pagan cultures contributed to the syncretist results. From Egypt came the ideas of a divine trinity ..." (Caesar and Christ, page 595) (Lamson, Newton & Durant cited from Charles Redeker, To Us there is One God, June 1978).


No wonder the confusion.No wonder the controversy. No wonder the debate. No wonder that all Christendom was torn by disputes about the Trinity.

PART 2 to follow...




Quote
Like
Share

Joined: July 26th, 2012, 12:56 am

August 1st, 2012, 6:07 am #7

NOTE:
When you ask someone on when and how s/he learned about her/his Trinity belief, the tendency for that person is to evade the historical FACTS that surrounded that FALSE doctrine.

If you are a TRUE Christian as you claim, you need to wake up and abandon this PAGAN doctrine!

THE HISTORICAL BUILDUP:
Fact One -- The word Trinity is nowhere found in the scriptures.

Fact Two -- Not one of the Apostolic Fathers (Clement, Barnabas, Ignatius, Mathetes, Polycarp, Papias, Justin Martyr) mentioned this doctrine in any of the 1200 pages of text they left us.

Fact Three -- When the word "Trinity" first appeared in Christian writings it meant nothing like it does today. It simply implied the existence of God, his Word, and Wisdom.

Fact Four -- Irenaeus, Clement of Alexandria, Tertullian, Origen, Novatian, Arnobius and Lactantius (all early and revered Christian writers) explicitly affirmed that the Heavenly Father alone is the supreme God and that Jesus is subordinate to His will and authority (The Lord our God is one Lord, Bible Students Congregation of New Brunswick, page 2). "During the first three centuries ... almost all of the early church Fathers ... admitted the inferiority of the Son to the Father" (Alvan Lamson, Church of the First Three Centuries).

Fact Five -- The early formal statement of Christian belief never mentions the word "Trinity" or any of its concepts. It is termed the "Apostles' Creed" (though not composed by the apostles). It was used extensively in the 2nd and 3rd centuries of the Christian era. As regards God and Jesus, it affirms exactly what we affirm. It says simply:

"I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth. And in Jesus Christ, his only son our Lord: who was conceived by the holy spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God, the Father Almighty: From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the holy spirit; the holy catholic Church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen"

LANGUAGE LIFTED FROM HEATHEN SOURCES:
Now compare that simple statement of belief, so clear and brief, to the Creed produced from the Council at Nice in 325 AD. (Our comments in Bold Italic.)

"We believe in one God the Father Almighty, Maker of all things visible and invisible; and in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God begotten of the Father, Only-begotten, (so far so good, the language is mostly from the Apostles Creed. But now follows the strange new terminology) that is of the substance of the Father; God of God; Light of Light; very God of very God; begotten, not made; of the same substance with the Father; (end of mystical language, back to scriptural language) by whom all things were made, both things in heaven and things in earth; who for us men and our salvation descended and became flesh, was made man, suffered, and rose again the third day. He ascended into heaven; he cometh to judge the quick and dead. And in the Holy Spirit. (Now resumes the new concepts, full of bitterness to dissenters.) But those that say there was a time when he was not; or that he was not before he was begotten; or that he was made from that which had no being; or whom affirm the Son of God to be of any other substance or essence, or created, (despite three clear scriptures!) or variable, or mutable, such persons doth the Catholic and Apostolic Church anathematize."

Note these strange, philosophical, mystical expressions -- "one substance of the Father, God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God."Such strange words, foreign alike to the word and sense of any Scripture. Where, oh where do these come from? Who invented them? Whence there source?The answer is both startling, and chilling. John Newton, in Origin of Triads and Trinities, wrote:

"With the first glimpse of a distinct religion and worship among the most ancient races, we find them grouping their gods in triads....[now citing Professor Sayce from Gifford Lectures and Hibbert Lectures] 'The indebtedness of Christian theological theory to ancient Egyptian dogma is nowhere more striking than in the doctrine of the Trinity. The very same terms used of it by Christian theologians meet us again in the inscriptions and papyri of Egypt.' [Newton continues] And now we see some meaning in the strange phrases that have puzzled so many generations in the Nicene and Athanasian Creeds, such as 'Light of Light, Very God of Very God, Begotten not Made, Being of one Substance with the Father.' These are all understandable enough if translated into the language of the Solar Trinity [worshipped in ancient Egypt], but without this clue to their meaning, they become sheer nonsense or contradictions ... The simplicity and symmetry of the old Sun Trinities were utterly lost in forming these new Christian Creeds on the old Pagan models....The [pagan] trinities had all the prestige of a vast antiquity and universal adoption, and could not be ignored. The gentile converts therefore eagerly accepted the Trinity compromise, and the Church baptized it. Now at length we know its origin." (John Newton, Origin of Triads and Trinities, Liverpool, 1909, pp. 20-21, 25-27).

Will Durant, the popular Catholic historian of our day, wrote:

"Christianity did not destroy paganism; it adopted it ...pagan cultures contributed to the syncretist results. From Egypt came the ideas of a divine trinity ..." (Caesar and Christ, page 595) (Lamson, Newton & Durant cited from Charles Redeker, To Us there is One God, June 1978).


No wonder the confusion.No wonder the controversy. No wonder the debate. No wonder that all Christendom was torn by disputes about the Trinity.

PART 2 to follow...
As attested by this historical FACTS. Only PAGANS invented that Jesus was God!
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 21st, 2012, 3:34 pm

August 1st, 2012, 10:03 am #8

How did you know that? Did Jesus told them that He is not God? I know He told them that He is a man. Only pagans invented that Manalo was the last messenger.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 21st, 2012, 3:34 pm

August 1st, 2012, 10:04 am #9

As attested by this historical FACTS. Only PAGANS invented that Jesus was God!
So what is your religion?
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: November 2nd, 2007, 7:52 pm

August 1st, 2012, 11:19 am #10

As attested by this historical FACTS. Only PAGANS invented that Jesus was God!
And to say that Jesus didn't know he was God is pure ignorance. Your historical facts are what we call revisionist history.

Pagans don't believe in Jesus, so how can Pagans invent that Jesus is God? Get a clue, dude.
Quote
Like
Share