update on Hyak lift work

update on Hyak lift work

March 23rd, 2009, 11:42 pm #1

Dan Brewster was at the HPOA meeting this past weekend and gave an update as to what will be going on. First, he said the Keechelus lift removal will start in the next couple weeks so they can use the snow to drag the towers down.

The Silver Fir lift will be the only chair they plan to install this summer, hopefully work started by June/July timeframe. The SF chair is currently stored in Cle Elum. He says they hope for the double on the backside next year but I'm sure that will depend on traffic.... They still have some small hurdles before the triple is a 100% go, but it appears it should go through barring any unforseen extreme problem.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

Snoqualmie Guy
Snoqualmie Guy

March 24th, 2009, 12:33 am #2

Will it still be open only Weekends?

TomK
TomK

March 24th, 2009, 5:02 pm #3

Dan Brewster was at the HPOA meeting this past weekend and gave an update as to what will be going on. First, he said the Keechelus lift removal will start in the next couple weeks so they can use the snow to drag the towers down.

The Silver Fir lift will be the only chair they plan to install this summer, hopefully work started by June/July timeframe. The SF chair is currently stored in Cle Elum. He says they hope for the double on the backside next year but I'm sure that will depend on traffic.... They still have some small hurdles before the triple is a 100% go, but it appears it should go through barring any unforseen extreme problem.

Nice to hear that they have the funds to cover the construction and will be able to re-open Hyak for the 09/10 season.

coffeewench
coffeewench

March 24th, 2009, 10:59 pm #4

I finally got Sundays off this winter, only to NOT be able to ski at Hyak!

S
S

March 26th, 2009, 10:29 pm #5

I just heard they are begining to take down the Keechelus chairlift today...

mel
mel

March 27th, 2009, 4:58 am #6

I hiked up Hyak this evening. They took down the leaning tower and drug it behind a snowcat. Right now the tower and the snowcat are sitting at the switchback on the FS road.

HyakFan
HyakFan

March 27th, 2009, 5:47 pm #7

Any Photos? This is exciting news!

mel
mel

March 27th, 2009, 6:18 pm #8

I forgot my camera. I did take some photos on my cell phone. Hopefully I can figure out how to get the photos off my phone so I can post them here.

March 27th, 2009, 8:40 pm #9

I would love to have one of those chairs! Does anyone know if they're selling them?

March 27th, 2009, 10:17 pm #10

Wasn't there some talk of reusing Keechelus? I think it would be very cool if we see it again on the back side a few years from now. My question is are they thinking of putting the SF chair in the same path as Keechelus or are there thoughts of pulling Dino out and putting it there? It'd be nice to be able to load a chair without much hiking up.