this next winter..

this next winter..

brandon
brandon

July 10th, 2007, 8:17 pm #1

I am dreaming of winter on this hot day and i found myself looking up daily ticket prices for next winter. (for the last four years, i have not gone enough to one area to justify buying a pass) i noticed that Crystal's new prices are TBD soon, Stevens is at 49.50 plus tax. yikes.

so this year i may buy a pass. its a hard decision, living downtown, between Crystal, Stevens and Snoqualmie... Stevens great night riding and dependable snow, Snoqualmie is so convenient, Crystal is the furthest and most expensive with the best terrain but no night riding.

oh yeah, apparently Stevens is asking for terrain expansions to the west of brooks and to the east of Chief in their upcoming masterplan, among other things. It would be nice to get new terrain to try out, exciting also that White looks on track (for now) to get new terrain additions.

four more months...

TomK
TomK

July 11th, 2007, 4:39 pm #2

Since you are in Seattle proper, Stevens vs Snoq is a tough call. I'd lean towards Snoq due to the I-90 vs Hwy 2 factor making for a slightly shorter and more reliable drive to/from.

July 14th, 2007, 3:07 pm #3

I am dreaming of winter on this hot day and i found myself looking up daily ticket prices for next winter. (for the last four years, i have not gone enough to one area to justify buying a pass) i noticed that Crystal's new prices are TBD soon, Stevens is at 49.50 plus tax. yikes.

so this year i may buy a pass. its a hard decision, living downtown, between Crystal, Stevens and Snoqualmie... Stevens great night riding and dependable snow, Snoqualmie is so convenient, Crystal is the furthest and most expensive with the best terrain but no night riding.

oh yeah, apparently Stevens is asking for terrain expansions to the west of brooks and to the east of Chief in their upcoming masterplan, among other things. It would be nice to get new terrain to try out, exciting also that White looks on track (for now) to get new terrain additions.

four more months...
Is the new Stevens Pass Master Development Plan available online? I'd love to read it.

Steve Crutchfield

brandon
brandon

July 18th, 2007, 4:35 pm #4

apparently it will be available this summer on their website. scoping or whatever it is called by the Forest Service starts this fall.