The Annual Season Pass Comparison

The Annual Season Pass Comparison

April 13th, 2007, 12:06 am #1

Last edited by Love2ski on April 13th, 2007, 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 13th, 2007, 7:36 am #2

Thanks for posting...... Good price detail. Sure does make me wonder who actually buys those Crystal passes.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

Bubbasarus
Bubbasarus

April 13th, 2007, 5:51 pm #3

The day tickets at Stevens are more than $48. Right now they are $52 (when you add tax), and if I remember correctly, tickets on weekends and holidays were $59.

April 13th, 2007, 6:26 pm #4

<FONT face=verdana,geneva,arial,sans-serif size=2>I just re-checked </FONT><FONT face=verdana,geneva,arial,sans-serif size=2>http://www.stevenspass.com/passes/lift/</FONT><FONT face=verdana,geneva,arial,sans-serif><FONT size=2>, and their daily adult tickets are listed as <SPAN class=plain>$47.97 + tax, which I rounded to $48.  Maybe this is a special spring rate?</SPAN></FONT></FONT>

<FONT face=verdana,geneva,arial,sans-serif><FONT size=2><SPAN class=plain>FYI, none of the prices in the comparison chart include sales tax.  Minor variations in tax rates aside, adding that in shouldn't change the relative number of trips to get payback on a season pass.</SPAN></FONT></FONT>

Bubbasarus
Bubbasarus

April 13th, 2007, 8:55 pm #5

Stevens was charging different rates during the regular season on weekends and holidays - it looks like they stopped this during the spring.

The tax issue is messy because some areas include tax in their prices (Crystal) and others don't (Stevens, The Summit).

The Stevens Pass season pass price ($475) is their Early Bird price that ends on May 31. I think their season pass price last year was around $700.

Pete
Pete

April 13th, 2007, 10:54 pm #6

Thanks for posting...... Good price detail. Sure does make me wonder who actually buys those Crystal passes.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997
The reason a Crystal pass is worthwile for me is it can be used for up to 10 days free at both Big Sky and Brighton. That makes a week ski vacation at Big Sky with free lift tickets worth about $500.

EdS
EdS

April 14th, 2007, 3:13 am #7

As high as crystal is its still probably cheap compared to eastern resorts. Snoqualmie is a good deal regardless of what you compare it to.