Snow This Weekend?

Snow This Weekend?

Snoqualmie Guy
Snoqualmie Guy

November 9th, 2007, 2:51 am #1

It looks like it might snow again this weekend and beyond but do you think it will stay this time? The snow level looks like it's staying down this time for awhile.

November 10th, 2007, 12:02 am #2

I hope it snows. I'll be traveling over Chinook Pass tonight and returning Sunday the same way (to and from Yakima). I'd like the need for 4x4 for a change!

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

November 11th, 2007, 1:12 pm #3

It looks like it might snow again this weekend and beyond but do you think it will stay this time? The snow level looks like it's staying down this time for awhile.
Just woke up and looked outside, and the snow is sticking to the streets of Hyak. I can hear the DOT on the scanner saying it's snowing all the way to Easton!

I'm a little concerned about tomorrow, as they're expecting a rise to 4500' before it dips back down again, but let's hope they're wrong (as they often are!) and that we get those 5" all the way to the base.

November 12th, 2007, 6:21 pm #4

Last night coming over Chinook it was snowing and blowing with about 4" new. The roads were mostly plowed, but compact ice in spots makes it a little nasty. My wife was freaking out because going down the west side with those steep cliffs and no railing. I see there is snow on Snoqualmie this AM!

Did you see the prediction for tomorrow on Snoqualmie Pass?

Tonight... Showers... Windy. Total snow accumulation up to 10 inches. Snow level 2500 feet. West wind in the passes 20 to 30 mph.

Tuesday... Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Snow level 2500 feet. Afternoon pass temperatures in the 30s. West wind in the passes 10 to 15 mph.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997
Last edited by hyak on November 12th, 2007, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 13th, 2007, 5:09 am #5

We've seen the prediction, but the NWS satellite seems to show a lot of the moisture may miss us...hope something changes. The

prediction is for this system to hit Stevens more than Snoqualmie, but we can be patient....um.....right?

Husband fired up the snow-thrower tonight just in case he needs to put it into service in the morning.

Oh and nice picture of "the boys" as I call them (well I know there's at least one female plow driver, Heather, but I trust she'll forgive me) at work clearing the Pass. We saw them in formation on our way down a little before 8am this morning too...headed eastbound just as they are in your snapshot.

Snoqualmie Guy
Snoqualmie Guy

November 17th, 2007, 5:26 am #6

Looks good for this weekend and into tuesday. At least some of the snow is staying from last snowfall.

EdS
EdS

November 18th, 2007, 3:21 am #7

Well its 7:20pm on Saturday and its just raining out here at Hyak, 40 degrees.

Snoqualmie Guy
Snoqualmie Guy

November 18th, 2007, 5:52 am #8

Any ideas of when the ski season will start? Before Thanks giving, before Christmas?

EdS
EdS

November 18th, 2007, 6:03 pm #9

Well it just started snowing here at Hyak (Sun 10am), my prediction is the first weekend of December

November 22nd, 2007, 8:58 am #10

Any ideas of when the ski season will start? Before Thanks giving, before Christmas?
Check snow depth today: 6" near water tank in Alpental, 4" around Summit West. I would say mid december!
Met two younger guys at the upper parking lot shoveling snow into their pickup. I remarked that last year at this time we were skiing up here! Both looked at me and said "we don't know nothin about that, we're snowboarders not skiers" Excuse me guys if I offended you, maybe in the next 50 years snowboards will be obsolete and they will have some type of "air cushion" to ride!
Last edited by Bergschlawiner on November 25th, 2007, 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.