Snow At Home

Snow At Home

Snoquamie Guy
Snoquamie Guy

March 27th, 2008, 1:09 am #1

It's march 26 and I have about an inch 1/2 of snow on my lawn. Global Warming?

March 27th, 2008, 2:49 am #2

Where do you live?

Snoqualmie Guy
Snoqualmie Guy

March 27th, 2008, 3:49 am #3

Sumner area.

March 27th, 2008, 5:09 am #4

It has been snowing here in Enumclaw since 6pm and there is about 3" on the ground right now. It is still coming down hard! Here is my BBQ on the back patio....

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997
Last edited by hyak on March 27th, 2008, 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

TomK
TomK

March 27th, 2008, 10:13 pm #5

There wasn't quite that much up on the hill this morning.
We did enjoy the 5 inches of powder though.

March 28th, 2008, 8:28 pm #6

It's march 26 and I have about an inch 1/2 of snow on my lawn. Global Warming?
More importantly at this point, are the owners closing up shop EARLY ! I can't express my sadness and anger enough about the early closures, it's enough to make a person cry ! The owners discourage folks from employment each season with their flavour of greed. Not to mention Season Pass holders that get cheated ! The owners should focus on doing the right thing and the genuine byproduct of that will be profit. Web Moffit may not have been the nicest person, but at least he lived and worked at the pass with his people. Booth Creek should remove any monetary incentives to managment close early.
I thank you Jack, for giving us this communication site and a chance to vent from time to time.
Best of wishes,
cja

Hyakskie
Hyakskie

March 28th, 2008, 9:00 pm #7

Hopefully the new owners are smart enough to realize that its time to clean house in the upper management. The current managers have run the Pass into the ground for far too long. Ownership has done nothing but take the profits and opportunities they could have provided elsewhere…. Most of the good employees that actually cared about the area have left. Some of the current upper management don’t even ski, don’t care about skiing or leave the country for most of the summer and lack any passion for the industry.

Its time for a change……
IMHO

March 29th, 2008, 12:00 am #8

Thank you Sir, for responding.
You are making a mark and that means so very much to us and our special place Snoqualmie Pass. Also thanks for staying in there and going to bat for us, that takes real courage !
Enduringly yours,
cja

skibumz
skibumz

March 29th, 2008, 2:08 am #9

More importantly at this point, are the owners closing up shop EARLY ! I can't express my sadness and anger enough about the early closures, it's enough to make a person cry ! The owners discourage folks from employment each season with their flavour of greed. Not to mention Season Pass holders that get cheated ! The owners should focus on doing the right thing and the genuine byproduct of that will be profit. Web Moffit may not have been the nicest person, but at least he lived and worked at the pass with his people. Booth Creek should remove any monetary incentives to managment close early.
I thank you Jack, for giving us this communication site and a chance to vent from time to time.
Best of wishes,
cja
Hopefully new management will improve the facilities and give us more ski time next year. Definitely not ready for Hyak to shut down! There's still good skiing/boarding to had at Alpy. We've got a couple inches here in Bothell, heading up early tomorrow for the pow. Come visit the gang in Lot 3!
Think snow!, Beth & Troy

EdS
EdS

March 29th, 2008, 2:08 pm #10

We have a good 8 inches or so here at Hyak, at least, since yesterday morning. They could keep Hyak open Into May easy this year, there is so much snow. There is not a bare spot visible anywhere at the Pass. Its a shame they have closed Hyak and West so early