Park Pass

Park Pass

Alpenkratzer
Alpenkratzer

January 25th, 2008, 2:58 am #1

"Earlier this month, the Interstate 90 ski area started requiring a Park Pass to use Summit Central’s terrain park, Central Park. There is no fee for the pass, but getting one requires sitting through a 20-minute safety seminar."
<a href="http://www.thenewstribune.com/adventure ... 64.html</a" target="_new">http://www.thenewstribune.com/adventure ... 64.html</a>
Will be interesting to see how they enforce this? Good luck!
Last edited by hyak on January 26th, 2008, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bubbasaurus
Bubbasaurus

January 25th, 2008, 4:56 am #2

When they do enforce it (not often due to staffing), it puts everyone who would have used Central Park on Alpine, so Alpine Bowl is an even bigger "human slalom".

The Summit folks were kind enough to come to our ski school during our staff meeting, so we all have park passes. After watching the video, I'm guessing that they're doing it to limit liability. The video was professionally done, which was a refreshing change for the Summit.

January 25th, 2008, 6:45 am #3

It was actually pretty well done. Chill and relaxed, informative with mostly things that would be considered common sense. (Although some still need such.) The Park Crew guys putting it on did a good job. It wasn't a hassle at all, although I could see some being bothered if it were a weekend and trying to get into class. (We were there at 5:30 on a VERY cold Thursday night, and it was full with a sign saying the next open class was at 7pm, which we later made, and surprisingly only had 6 people in it.)

If it keep sideslipping kooks and random landing campers out of the park, I'm all for it.

Snoqualmie Guy
Snoqualmie Guy

January 27th, 2008, 1:17 am #4

I got mine on thursday and knew everything they taught in the class but it's apperent many people don't know safety. This beats the one for Stevens pass that costs $5.