Open until the end of the month...

Open until the end of the month...

March 10th, 2008, 9:29 pm #1

I heard reports throughout the weekend- that Hyak is going to be open through the end of the month

Snoqualmie Guy
Snoqualmie Guy

March 10th, 2008, 10:41 pm #2

Where were these reports from? I heard the Summit is down to 25% of its lift operators. That could be why they are shutting areas down.

March 10th, 2008, 11:15 pm #3

I heard it from numerous sources... Ski Patrol, employees, lift operators- they were all put on notice for the end of the month. I also heard that something could change- if the weather turned or other unforseen reasons- but not likely since it was confirmed.

March 12th, 2008, 1:06 am #4

Ok, Jack.

March 12th, 2008, 2:25 am #5

That wasn't me with the report....but I hope they are open through March.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

Snoqualmie Guy
Snoqualmie Guy

March 14th, 2008, 5:37 am #6

While reading the ski patrol sites, Hyak will be open through Easter as well as West.

Snoqualmie Guy
Snoqualmie Guy

March 16th, 2008, 7:10 pm #7

On the Summit website, it says Alpental will still have night skiing next friday and saturday. Even though it was supposed to sto yesterday.

TomK
TomK

March 17th, 2008, 4:11 pm #8

While reading the ski patrol sites, Hyak will be open through Easter as well as West.
Was chatting with the the lift supervisor at Hyak on Sunday and he shared that they plan to be open for two more weekends at least (thru March), and are thinking about going into April for a weekend or two if the snow holds up. Yippie!

March 17th, 2008, 4:44 pm #9

I'll be in Yakima on Easter so it is good to hear I might not miss the last weekend of the Hyak season after all.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

Snoqualmie Guy
Snoqualmie Guy

March 18th, 2008, 3:35 am #10

When did Hyak close last year? Seems this year they are more eager to keep areas open.