OMG

OMG

January 13th, 2010, 11:16 pm #1

do i have to build an Ark...to live on the pass...I do not remember there being this much rain....15 degrees in Florida, rain on Snoqualmie Pass...we better get this jet stream moved...or we wont be seeing a chair at HYAK anytime in the near future....

bikebabe
bikebabe

January 14th, 2010, 12:30 am #2

Hey, how about opening the SOON TO BE INSTALLED chairlifts to mountain bikers! This would create summer revenue and local jobs.

January 14th, 2010, 1:37 am #3

The rain changed to snow around 4pm tonight. I hope we can get a few inches before it quits.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

January 14th, 2010, 4:13 am #4

Here at my place the snow turned back over to rain a little bit ago...I also see the power was out for nearly 3 hours today!

But the forecast for tonight says 3500 and tomorrow 3000...which is better than they'd said this morning, so there's some hope! They're predicting even lower (2500) early next week...maybe it'll come sooner rather than later!

TomK
TomK

January 14th, 2010, 7:26 pm #5

Hey, how about opening the SOON TO BE INSTALLED chairlifts to mountain bikers! This would create summer revenue and local jobs.
When they tried biking for a couple of summers, the wear and tear on the trails was too much for them afford to fix up each year, plus the revenue wasn't enough to cover the costs of running the lift.

January 15th, 2010, 12:11 am #6

Actually, the Summit might have a bit ahead of their time with mountianbiking.
With the advancement of full suspension mountian bikes, the success of Whistler Bike Park and the fact there has been a large increase in downhill, freeride biking all over, perhaps it is time to reevaluate summer biking. Stevens Pass is opening up lift access biking this summer. The Summit might have an advantage as it is less than an hour drive from Puget Sound. All on I 90. Hyak/Silver Fir might be a perfect fit. Then again, what do I know?

January 15th, 2010, 1:57 am #7

SilverFir is the original location of the Mtn Bike center. I used it a couple times in 1996/97 and found it fun (rented their non-suspension bikes). The biggest problem was that most of the trails dumped out at Hyak and it left the riders with a 2 mile uphill ride. If the mtn bike center were at Hyak it would be a huge advantage over SF or Central for that reason, and also would allow access to the Iron Horse trail just below.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997