New Trail Map?

New Trail Map?

Peter
Peter

October 22nd, 2008, 3:30 am #1

Has anyone seen a new trail map? Boyne has James Niehues painted trail maps for all their other resorts, I wonder if there will be a new one at the Summit this year.

October 24th, 2008, 2:58 pm #2

It would be nice to see some new maps. These Ron Bomba maps that Snoqualmie uses have been around for a LONG time.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

Snoqualmie Guy
Snoqualmie Guy

October 26th, 2008, 4:30 am #3

There is a new map. I was up on top of Silver Fir today and the maps up there are new, I couldn't tell who they were done by but they look very well done.

Peter
Peter

October 28th, 2008, 9:22 pm #4

It looks like the new maps are some sort of computer animation, but they don't look too bad. These are not on the Summit's website yet, I found this on a blog.

Last edited by hyak on November 1st, 2008, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

j
j

October 29th, 2008, 4:22 am #5

the maps were done by ron bomba, he has done the maps for the pass for years, he used to hand paint them with oils years ago, and then they were photographed, now he uses a computer...

Alex
Alex

November 1st, 2008, 5:20 pm #6

It looks like the new maps are some sort of computer animation, but they don't look too bad. These are not on the Summit's website yet, I found this on a blog.

that yellow area around silver fir doesn't mean they will have night skiing will they??

November 1st, 2008, 10:01 pm #7

My guess it is just to highlight the new lift. I guess this since they don't have the other quad (which does have night lights) also highlighted in yellow.

November 2nd, 2008, 3:06 am #8

Interesting idea. They are putting new towers and it would be easy to put power in for lights.

December 3rd, 2008, 12:54 am #9

There is a new map. I was up on top of Silver Fir today and the maps up there are new, I couldn't tell who they were done by but they look very well done.
Hi:

Last summer I created all new maps for the Snoqualmie ski mountains. Alpental and Edelweiss Bowl are featured on my web site(http://www.ronbomba.com). Summit East, Central and West will soon be included. I would be interested to hear your comments.

Cheers... Ron Bomba

December 3rd, 2008, 1:03 am #10

Ron, did you do this photo? Why is the SilverFir chair so far exaggerated to the north? The SF side of this photo is way out of perspective from reality.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997