New lift this summer?!

New lift this summer?!

Peter
Peter

May 21st, 2008, 10:08 pm #1

A member on skilifts.org who has posted accurate information on lift projects says Snoqualmie just signed for a new lift...
http://www.skiliftforum.com/index.php?s ... entry75091

Peter
Peter

May 21st, 2008, 10:28 pm #2

It's a 500 hp Leitner-Poma high speed quad! It was just added to the projects page on www.Leitner-Poma.com

May 21st, 2008, 10:48 pm #3

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

May 21st, 2008, 11:07 pm #4

A member on skilifts.org who has posted accurate information on lift projects says Snoqualmie just signed for a new lift...
http://www.skiliftforum.com/index.php?s ... entry75091
Peter, thanks for the heads-up. I'm bummed it is not a Hyak HS Quad, but SilverFir is in need too.

EdS
EdS

May 21st, 2008, 11:36 pm #5

Thats ok, hopefully more people will go to Silver Firs and Hyak wont be as crowded as it was this year. Does this mean they will start installing it this summer?

TomK
TomK

May 21st, 2008, 11:42 pm #6

Peter, thanks for the heads-up. I'm bummed it is not a Hyak HS Quad, but SilverFir is in need too.

Well, that's a season earlier than I thought it was going to happen.

Silver Fir first, then replacing Hyak's Special K/Dino and then reopening Hidden valley with the old S.F. hardware has been the plan for about as long as we've been following it.

Peter
Peter

May 21st, 2008, 11:56 pm #7

It will be done this summer, in time for next ski season. From what I've read elsewhere, Leitner-Poma had very few projects for this summer as of a couple weeks ago and was offering a pretty good deal. Also it appears this kind of replacement project does not need approval in the master plan? Boyne always reuses their fixed grip lifts, usually as lodging access lifts at Big Sky. Hopefully Silver Fir will stay at Snoqualmie though.

May 22nd, 2008, 12:46 am #8

I think the Silver Fir chair is suppouse to go to Hyak but I thought that was next summer.

Snoqualmie Guy
Snoqualmie Guy

May 22nd, 2008, 12:58 am #9

When will the website annoucne it?

brandon
brandon

May 22nd, 2008, 1:08 am #10

anyone else remember that? the poms site posted the two high speed quads being installed, then everyone pounded Skilifts for answers, then Poma removed the two new HSQs from the list within a day. what year was this? 2000?

that was pretty fun feeling like a reporter, and breaking the story then.

This is really cool news for me. After getting frustrated driving from downtown Seattle to Stevens all winter, i have my pass for next winter at Snoqualmie.