New Houses Going In

New Houses Going In

Snoqualmie Guy
Snoqualmie Guy

August 1st, 2008, 5:24 am #1

There will be a lot of new homes being put in below the Edelweiss condos and next to silver fir. They have already begun clearing out the area and a bunch of pipes are in the end of the ski patrol parking lot at Central.

EdS
EdS

August 1st, 2008, 3:09 pm #2

I saw that from the road but assumedd it was just ski area work. Any idea how many homes?

hyakblake
hyakblake

August 2nd, 2008, 12:05 am #3

I have heard somewhere between 60-70 home sites. They may end up doubling up a few of the lots due to a small creek that runs through the area.

Snoqualmie Guy
Snoqualmie Guy

August 2nd, 2008, 7:13 pm #4

I heard about 40.

EdS
EdS

August 3rd, 2008, 11:27 pm #5

I have heard somewhere between 60-70 home sites. They may end up doubling up a few of the lots due to a small creek that runs through the area.
wow, that seems like alot for the amount of area in there. Is that separate homes or condo units?

Bergsclawiner
Bergsclawiner

August 5th, 2008, 6:21 am #6

I heard about 40.
With that many houses it will be more like a "village" can you imagine the parking lot situation? Not to mention the lift lines! I think there will be lots of days where I will be nostalgic for the "old" Silver Fir.

Wonder what facilities and support buildings they will end up with at SF? Maybe a bar/lounge?

August 5th, 2008, 4:43 pm #7

Any new housing in that area will have their own parking so I don't think it will add much to the parking shortage. I'm curious how much parking space the new lift will take up since the load station will be located in the parking lot (no more climb up to the lift).

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

August 14th, 2008, 11:29 am #8

There will be a lot of new homes being put in below the Edelweiss condos and next to silver fir. They have already begun clearing out the area and a bunch of pipes are in the end of the ski patrol parking lot at Central.
Not sure when it was surveyed, but I found the map at the Kittitas County Courthouse over 10 years ago while doing research for the Snoqualmie Pass Times. There is an existing home that was there when I moved here in 85, don't know when it was built.

This map should give an idea of how many homes. I'd guess they are single homes but don't know squat about zoning.

Those aren't the same roads used for the former cross-country center, are they?

http://compas.co.kittitas.wa.us/freeanc ... blicCOMPAS

August 14th, 2008, 4:12 pm #9

Most of the lots show belonging to Silver Fir Properties. A few others are CNL and one belongs to a Clark Hurlbut that he purchased in 1994 for 178k (must be the existing house?) It is a nice area to have a cabin/home and it would be a great location to own a cabin rental.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997
Last edited by hyak on August 14th, 2008, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 15th, 2008, 12:24 pm #10

What is CNL?