Need input for new local paper

Need input for new local paper

May 18th, 2009, 11:47 am #1

One of our locals would like to get a community newspaper started, something for the Snoqualmie Pass area itself: basically covering from "creek to creek" as in Denny Creek to Gold Creek.

Focus will be on our community and what's going on at the top of the hill. Not sure how often publication will take place at this point, but input from people from all over the Pass will be needed.

Thoughts? Questions? Ideas? Issues that need addressing? I'm not the one starting the paper but I will be involved.

May 18th, 2009, 5:15 pm #2

The Snoqualmie Pass Times was a nice little paper with local information. When they changed the name and tried to make it a 'regional' paper it lost its appeal for me and now it has all but vanished. A local paper would be nice, but not sure of a name like 'creek to creek' (if that was its intended name?). How about Guye Peak Gazette or Denny Mtn Tribune or something like that?

The SPTimes was a once-a-month publication and worked well for many years. The biggest problem is the lack of businesses to support advertising. Good luck to whoever tries this project....

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

coffeewench
coffeewench

May 19th, 2009, 1:12 am #3

I like Guye Peak Gazette, myself! I think she's looking to include Snoqualmie Pass in the name but nothing is set in stone right now.

I'll send an email with a link to this thread so she can see for herself.

Thanks!!

Barb Q.
Barb Q.

May 19th, 2009, 2:00 am #4

One of our locals would like to get a community newspaper started, something for the Snoqualmie Pass area itself: basically covering from "creek to creek" as in Denny Creek to Gold Creek.

Focus will be on our community and what's going on at the top of the hill. Not sure how often publication will take place at this point, but input from people from all over the Pass will be needed.

Thoughts? Questions? Ideas? Issues that need addressing? I'm not the one starting the paper but I will be involved.
I think I could be a "guest writer" as I am soon retiring from teaching and may have more time on my hands. I agree, we sure need some communication about stuff going on up here!

coffeewench
coffeewench

May 19th, 2009, 6:18 pm #5

That would be great! Congratulations on your retirement!

Barb Q.
Barb Q.

May 20th, 2009, 2:15 am #6

28 years in teaching--18 in commercial art--46 yrs. non-stop--time to be creative and ski during the week!!!

June 5th, 2009, 4:54 pm #7

any word on the local paper? I bet we have a few writers in this forum!

coffeewench
coffeewench

June 7th, 2009, 12:13 pm #8

She's still working on it! The domain name of the newspaper name she wanted to use has been taken, so she is working on another name for it. Also needs to rent a P.O. Box for it before she can apply for a business license.

She wants "Snoqualmie Pass" in the name of the paper. Too bad we can't just buy back the Cascade Times and return to the Snoqualmie Pass Times name!