More DUMPAGE

More DUMPAGE

January 30th, 2008, 10:51 pm #1

Tonight... Snow becoming heavy at times. Breezy. Snow accumulation of 6 to 12 inches overnight. West wind in the passes 15 to 25 mph.

Thursday... Heavy snow. Snow accumulation of 12 to 18 inches. Total new snow accumulations through thursday afternoon 20 to 30 inches. Snow level 1500 feet. Afternoon pass temperatures near 30. West wind in the passes 15 to 20 mph.

Thursday night... Heavy snow continuing overnight. Snow level 1000 feet. Southwest wind in the passes 10 to 15 mph.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

Hyaker 4 now
Hyaker 4 now

January 31st, 2008, 1:55 am #2

Dump, dump, dump !!!!!!!! Get up early on Sat. You have to beat avie work on I90. They usually won't start until dawn. Hit North Bend by 7am and you should be fine. Bring all your gear, transceivers, shovels, Cell, probes, FRS radios etc. Lets keep it safe. Don't ski alone. Many years of experience has taught me that this weekend will challenge even the best. Look out for tree wells, open steeps,listen to the Patrol. Parking will also be a bitch due to shrinking lots.

EdS
EdS

January 31st, 2008, 2:26 am #3

Good point on the parking, as of this afternoon they had not plowed the lower Hyak lot at all, but I think they were going to based on the front end loaders driving around.

Mel
Mel

January 31st, 2008, 7:16 pm #4

Has the road to the lower Hyak lot been plowed?

EdS
EdS

January 31st, 2008, 10:34 pm #5

Yes, its plowed, all the roads are plowed now, didnt notice what the lots like. Saw a few people using sleds to tow snowboarders in the upper lots. There is so much snow its crazy. I bet when people do get up here the condions will be ripe for someone to go out in the backcountry and get crunched by a slide.

The snow is real heavy now and they are doing no grooming at all. I am sure it will take the Summit at least a day to plow out lifts etc to make it usable. The big positive here is how long the season will be extended by all this snowpack!

January 31st, 2008, 11:18 pm #6

I sure hope I-90 opens for Saturday.....I'm not looking forward to all the snow I'm going to have to shovel out of my parking spot. Should be interesting just getting in my front door.

Shoveler
Shoveler

February 1st, 2008, 1:15 am #7

Happy shoveling to all. Please all be patient with current conditions which will most likely extend into the weekend. Remember many employees are not able to access their work place. This translates into possible late opening at Hyak as well as Silver Fir. I hope to be proved wrong. DON'T SKI ALONE!!!!!!

February 1st, 2008, 3:18 am #8

I sure hope I-90 opens for Saturday.....I'm not looking forward to all the snow I'm going to have to shovel out of my parking spot. Should be interesting just getting in my front door.

I know Greg Craven can be hired to clear it. Let me know if you need to know how to get ahold of him. Sorry, don't know the rates.

Mel
Mel

February 1st, 2008, 4:17 am #9

I would like more information about driveway snow removal services. I don't want to spend the entire weekend shoveling snow.

EdS
EdS

February 1st, 2008, 4:39 am #10

walked around Hyak this evening, the driveways that have not been maintained this week are damn deep, a mix of light and heavy stuff. This may be one of those times you may need a guy with a plow or large blower unless you want to spend the day clearin it. Craven does our road for the sewer distruct and the banks have now exceeded his blowers ability to get the snow over the bank. But I am sure a driveway will be no big deal for him.