Monday = Powder Day

Monday = Powder Day

Joined: January 1st, 1970, 12:00 am

January 4th, 2009, 2:57 am #1

If the forecast pans out....

Sunday night...
Windy. Snow. Snow level 1000 feet.
Snow accumulation of 12 to 18 inches.
South wind in the passes 10 to 15 mph
increasing to west 25 to 35 mph after
midnight.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997
Quote
Like
Share

coffeewench
coffeewench

January 4th, 2009, 6:25 pm #2

Of course it's going to turn nasty: I have to travel across the Pass to Bellevue for a dr appointment! We use this site for weather forecasts, it has proved fairly accurate.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/fin ... uery=98068
Quote
Share

Joined: January 1st, 1970, 12:00 am

January 4th, 2009, 7:49 pm #3

I see they have adjusted the forecast so we can expect another 2' of heavy cement.

Tonight... Snow... Heavy at times.
Windy. Snow level rising to 3000 feet.
Snow accumulation of 12 to 20 inches.
Southwest wind in the passes 20 to 25 mph.

Monday... Snow showers... Heavy at times.
Windy. Snow level 3500 feet. Snow
accumulation up to 12 inches. Afternoon
pass temperatures in the mid 30s.
West wind in the passes 15 to 25 mph
increasing to 25 to 30 mph with gusts
to near 45 mph in the afternoon.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: January 1st, 1970, 12:00 am

January 5th, 2009, 4:27 am #4

Rest of tonight... Snow... Heavy at times. Becoming windy. Snow level 1000 feet. Snow accumulation of 12 to 20 inches. Southeast wind in the passes 10 to 20 mph becoming southwest 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph late this evening.

Monday... Windy... Showers. Snow level 3000 feet. Snow accumulation up to 12 inches. Afternoon pass temperatures in the mid 30s. West wind in the passes 20 to 30 mph with gusts to near 45 mph.

Monday night... Snow. Windy. Snow level 2500 feet. Snow accumulation up to 9 inches. Total snow accumulation 2 or 3 feet. Southwest wind in the passes 25 to 30 mph becoming west near 20 mph after midnight.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997
Quote
Like
Share

coffeewench
coffeewench

January 5th, 2009, 4:32 am #5

Turning out to be one heck of a great winter! I envy you folks who live on the mountain! After 20 years of living in Easton, the Pass still feels like home to me.
Quote
Share

Joined: January 1st, 1970, 12:00 am

January 5th, 2009, 1:50 pm #6

It has changed again and now looks very cr@ppy for the week.


Today... Showers. Snow level 3500 feet. Afternoon pass temperatures in the lower 30s. Brisk west wind in the passes 15 to 25 mph... Decreasing in the afternoon.

Tonight... Rain or snow redeveloping. Snow level 3000 feet. Total new snow accumulation of 6 to 12 inches. West wind in the passes 5 to 15 mph.

Tuesday... Rain or snow. Rain will be heavy at times. Snow level rising to near 6000 feet. Little snow accumulation. Afternoon pass temperatures in the upper 30s. West wind in the passes 5 to 15 mph.

Tuesday night... Rain... Heavy at times. Snow level 6500 feet. West wind in the passes 5 to 15 mph.

Wednesday... Rain or snow. Rain will be heavy at times. Snow level 5500 feet. Afternoon pass temperatures in the lower 40s. Light wind in the passes.

Wednesday night... Rain or snow. Snow level 5500 feet.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: September 25th, 2006, 1:51 pm

January 5th, 2009, 2:52 pm #7

Yeah, and we're closed with no re-opening set. Extreme avalanche danger. No news on 1610 re: caravans, but if I hear anything I'll post.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: September 25th, 2006, 1:51 pm

January 5th, 2009, 4:59 pm #8

I heard talk about opening up the 52 to let some of the residents escape. It's not on the 1610 radio yet. I'll let y'all know if I hear more (like a time). If you're desperate to leave you can weigh the choice to go and wait. I heard them talk also of escorting some of the trucks that are stuck just east of the Summit around the lake.

Quote
Like
Share

Erik
Erik

January 5th, 2009, 5:09 pm #9

If the forecast pans out....

Sunday night...
Windy. Snow. Snow level 1000 feet.
Snow accumulation of 12 to 18 inches.
South wind in the passes 10 to 15 mph
increasing to west 25 to 35 mph after
midnight.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997
The grader and blower wonder twins just cleared Innsbruck drive. My guess is that we got about 12 inches overnight and it is still coming down...

Since I am trapped here at the pass it looks like I might have to do a skin lap on Greyson's before the rain comes

Quote
Share

Joined: September 25th, 2006, 1:51 pm

January 5th, 2009, 5:51 pm #10

I heard talk about opening up the 52 to let some of the residents escape. It's not on the 1610 radio yet. I'll let y'all know if I hear more (like a time). If you're desperate to leave you can weigh the choice to go and wait. I heard them talk also of escorting some of the trucks that are stuck just east of the Summit around the lake.
Sounds like they're going to open all the ramps (we'll see about that) from the Summit. Still no word on when people would be able to come back. I also haven't heard anything about caravans, so I'm not clear on if this will be escorted or if you're on your own.
Quote
Like
Share