"Log Cabin Lift Shack

"Log Cabin Lift Shack

November 3rd, 2008, 6:11 pm #1

"New log-cabin style lift shacks at Holiday, Triple 60, Gallery, Dodge Ridge and Little Thunder."(summitatsnoqulamie.com)

So I've seen pictures of the silver fir express coming in but none of the other upgrades. Are they really putting in these "log-cabin" lift shacks.

November 3rd, 2008, 10:00 pm #2

I'm so glad they're finally remodeling the lift shacks. Every time I go skiing at Central I find that my skiing experience is severely limited by the aesthetics of the lift shacks.

TomK
TomK

November 3rd, 2008, 11:06 pm #3

"New log-cabin style lift shacks at Holiday, Triple 60, Gallery, Dodge Ridge and Little Thunder."(summitatsnoqulamie.com)

So I've seen pictures of the silver fir express coming in but none of the other upgrades. Are they really putting in these "log-cabin" lift shacks.

Yep, noticed the new look a couple of weekends ago while driving by. Also looks like they are larger than the old ones.

November 3rd, 2008, 11:42 pm #4

I'm so glad they're finally remodeling the lift shacks. Every time I go skiing at Central I find that my skiing experience is severely limited by the aesthetics of the lift shacks.
While I wouldn't say it's "severely limited my skiing experience", seeing shabby lift shacks does make one wonder about the quality of general maintenance at the resort.  If the lift shack is falling apart and looks horrible, it does not do much for one's confidence while riding the lifts.  I've also felt a bit sorry for the employees, which likewise doesn't do much for my perception of the overall quality of the resort.

November 4th, 2008, 12:14 am #5

Yep, noticed the new look a couple of weekends ago while driving by. Also looks like they are larger than the old ones.
The shacks are the same as before, they just added the log cabin look siding. This was only done on Central around the beginner chairs from what I can tell. They do look better....

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

Snoqualmie Guy
Snoqualmie Guy

November 4th, 2008, 1:12 am #6

This has also been done to the top of Triple 60

November 4th, 2008, 4:07 am #7

Only the motor room at holiday was re-sided the other three buildings are brand new construction. The top of triple is a ski patrol bump station that was re-sided last fall. The lift shack on top is an actual log cabin same with the bottom shack.

November 6th, 2008, 6:54 am #8

The new-look Holiday chair. It does look much nicer..

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997