Lift work photo's

Lift work photo's

June 28th, 2010, 11:03 pm #1

I've created a separate set for the lift progress work from the season photo's. The link is on the front page, and in this message.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hyak/sets/ ... 62/detail/

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

Johnnyboy
Johnnyboy

June 29th, 2010, 12:00 am #2

These are great- I can't wait!

Barb Q.
Barb Q.

June 29th, 2010, 12:47 am #3

Ed and I have been hiking up there almost every other day for our daily walk and we have spoken with Trevor a number of times. Today Dan B. drove by. They have quite a crew. Today a big pink arrow was marked in a grove of trees near the switchback--wonder if it's a run to be cut as there are a lot of small trees in to the site. Lots of chain saw work every day and on the back side, stuff cleared that we used to ski!! Exciting. Big equipment up on the Mill Creek side--a crew of about 8-10 (according to Trevor) so we are excited--saw more neighbors on the trail today-everyone is snooping

Johnnyboy
Johnnyboy

June 29th, 2010, 1:26 am #4

a whole generation of skiers and riders have never been back there. It will be awesome!

Jack
Jack

June 29th, 2010, 2:41 pm #5

Took the bike out after work and took many more photo's last night. As said already, every day are more changes. Too bad they are removing many of the old stumps that give some of the Hyak runs its character, but still it all looks good.

Last edited by hyak on June 29th, 2010, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 29th, 2010, 4:53 pm #6

thanks for the photos...really helps keep us flatlanders in the loop

iflyfar
iflyfar

June 29th, 2010, 6:46 pm #7

Ed and I have been hiking up there almost every other day for our daily walk and we have spoken with Trevor a number of times. Today Dan B. drove by. They have quite a crew. Today a big pink arrow was marked in a grove of trees near the switchback--wonder if it's a run to be cut as there are a lot of small trees in to the site. Lots of chain saw work every day and on the back side, stuff cleared that we used to ski!! Exciting. Big equipment up on the Mill Creek side--a crew of about 8-10 (according to Trevor) so we are excited--saw more neighbors on the trail today-everyone is snooping
Not having been back to Hidden Valley recently its hard for me to visualize the new layout, runs, etc. Has anyone drafted a planned map that includes the recent clearing activity?

Thx

June 29th, 2010, 9:26 pm #8

Very similar to this proposed map from a few yrs ago. This shows the black diamond runs to the south of the HV lift as well as the clearing under the lift and just to the north. (actual is a bit different). It also shows the new cut that goes around the SW end, return route.

This map also shows the proposed lift that was to go from creek run up blowdown but not sure if that will ever happen, but who knows.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

Hyakblake
Hyakblake

June 30th, 2010, 7:36 pm #9

Does anyone know what the plans were for the old easy gold small chair they cut down a few months ago. Who knows...maybe they will be able to put together enough pieces and parts left over from the current project to put together the creek run chair next year.

Barb Q
Barb Q

July 1st, 2010, 2:42 am #10

On one of our daily walks up the hill, we asked him, since Trevor is in charge of this project. They will recycle the Keechelus Chair and Easy Gold chair to make the chair on the backside. It will be interesting to see it happen. Wonder if they'll call it Hidden Valley like they did when we skied it?