Hyak Webcam......

Hyak Webcam......

February 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm #1

I was sent this link yesterday for a webcam I didn't know existed. It would have been nice to know of this a few weeks ago... I guess the DOT setup this cam from the Hyak airport (didn't know that existed either). I'll be adding it to the website in the live cams section this week.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

February 2nd, 2009, 11:36 pm #2

Big thanks to the Womens Club for putting on the meeting, special thanks to all of the firemen, police officers, search and rescue, etc. who willingly put their lives on the line for all of us everyday. Huge shout out for Trevor and Brewster...neither of those guys owed any of us their time to discuss anything. The fact that they willingly put themselves in front of a group and made themselves available for questions is very admirable.

The people that make up HYAK are an interesting group...the majority of us have such deep ties to the area...we learned to ski there as kids, we had our first date there, our kids have learned to ski there, or in my case I met my wife there etc etc etc...these are deep wonderful stories and as such, I believe we all feel a sense of ownership of HYAK. For me personally, I felt this "sense of ownership" was addressed in this meeting, by Dan and his team.

I also want to thank Jack for this site...for all the "loyalists" out there lets use this site to stay informed. There will be meetings held in Kittitas County as the Ski Area Management goes through the process of rebuilding HYAK. Lets make sure that the County hears our support of the area's plans. My experience with County planning meetings, etc is that the only people who make noise are the naysayers...lets all make sure this does not happen!

Finally, lets all take a moment and thank whoever we feel we should that no one was injured or killed in this event. Had this event been tragic...all the great memories that HYAK has given each and everyone of us would have been tainted forever.

HYAK RULES!

Last edited by hyaker on February 2nd, 2009, 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 2nd, 2009, 11:46 pm #3

Jack we need a HYAK sticker contest

"HYAK-you wouldn't understand"

"Got HYAK"

etc etc

Snoqualmie Guy
Snoqualmie Guy

February 2nd, 2009, 11:50 pm #4

Where is the hyak airport?

"got hyak?" is too common of a saying.

TomK
TomK

February 3rd, 2009, 1:21 am #5

From the webcam page...

The camera is mounted on the WSDOTs Hyak Maintenance facilities communication tower.
Hyak is located 2 miles east of the summit of Snoqualmie pass at 2,600 feet.
The camera provides six views Northwest, West-northwest, West, Southwest, Southeast and East.

(I think its more of a "what's the sky like halfway between the Easton and Bandera airstrips?" and not an actual airport.)

February 3rd, 2009, 2:07 am #6

Jack we need a HYAK sticker contest

"HYAK-you wouldn't understand"

"Got HYAK"

etc etc
"Save Hyak"

Mike
Mike

February 3rd, 2009, 6:46 am #7

Free Hyak

coffeewench
coffeewench

February 3rd, 2009, 1:39 pm #8

"Goin' to Hyak? Goin' to Hyak?"

One of our locals has mentioned making T-shirts with the double Stop signs on them and the above comment on the reverse side, but he has yet to actually draw up the design. I told him I'd buy one.

February 3rd, 2009, 3:34 pm #9

How did you see this being laid out on the shirt? I can give it a shot but need to know a little better what your idea is?

I'll put together a bunch of the sticker ideas too...

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

February 3rd, 2009, 4:34 pm #10

"Goin' to Hyak? Goin' to Hyak?"

One of our locals has mentioned making T-shirts with the double Stop signs on them and the above comment on the reverse side, but he has yet to actually draw up the design. I told him I'd buy one.
Good old John John