Hyak lift vandals

Hyak lift vandals

dozer
dozer

January 18th, 2011, 2:39 am #1

The new lifts top shack was broken into. The Buttholes broke everything and stole some parts for the lift and they now have to reorder the parts and it could take up to a month. I am sick and tired of all these delays. If its not the lift crew, its the crooks. March 1st? April June? 2012? I would like to ski Hyak this year. TallyHoe!!!!!

MK
MK

January 18th, 2011, 3:48 am #2

Top shack?
Was there any mention as to how they got up there in the first place?
Any connection to the break in at West?

EdS
EdS

January 18th, 2011, 4:18 pm #3

The new lifts top shack was broken into. The Buttholes broke everything and stole some parts for the lift and they now have to reorder the parts and it could take up to a month. I am sick and tired of all these delays. If its not the lift crew, its the crooks. March 1st? April June? 2012? I would like to ski Hyak this year. TallyHoe!!!!!

Well thats pretty bad, who would do that but someone getting revenge on the management or something? Seems like something done to deliberately delay the opening and hurt the ski area. If thats true on the parts ordering delay it seems likely that Hyak may not be open much if at all this year, especially with the shrinking snow pack.

Sully
Sully

January 18th, 2011, 9:42 pm #4

Why hasn't the summit admitted this to happening? They at least could give us an update on what happened, the new timetable for opening, and any information on the vandals. All the people that live up there could be keeping a watchful eye out for these Jackasses! The summit is acting like this never happened.

January 18th, 2011, 11:05 pm #5

I live up there and I do keep a watchful eye. Too bad there are fools like this who have such disregard for property.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

MK
MK

January 18th, 2011, 11:37 pm #6

Same.
Especially in our immediate neighborhood.

This seams a little weird insomuch that this sort of stuff generally happens when the road is clear and people can drive to the top.

January 19th, 2011, 1:06 am #7

Snowmobiles?

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

MK
MK

January 19th, 2011, 1:31 am #8

Who knows.
It would be nice if the area communicated a little about this.
When for starters. Maybe someone remembers seeing something?

RIck
RIck

January 19th, 2011, 4:43 pm #9

Dozer, just wondering who you are and what your information source is. I could only find one other post from you in the last 2 years (one word post: "No!") but everyone here seems to trust your information.

HyakGirl
HyakGirl

January 19th, 2011, 5:00 pm #10

Any more news on this? I checked the EyeontheEast site and there is no mention of a break-in or a later opening date...I'm sure they are still talking about it and figuring out how much time to delay the opening.

As I left this morning, I noticed a few headlamps at the top of Hyak. Didn't look like groomer lights or snowmobile lights. We often skin up in the dark before or after work but it is rare that we see other people doing it so I thought it odd to see headlamps...hoping they have that shack locked up now.