Hyak closed after Saturday the 9th?

Hyak closed after Saturday the 9th?

EdS
EdS

April 4th, 2011, 3:22 pm #1

So i just checked the Summit website and is shows Hyak open saturday the 9th, and Sunday is listed as TBD and closed after that. So I guess at this point saturday is the last day for Hyak which is to bad as there is still alot of snow up there.

April 4th, 2011, 3:45 pm #2

I'd guess they would be TBD because of weather. Doubt they would want to remain open if it is raining, but the forecast at this point is looking like clear weather. I hope they stay open longer then Saturday. Yesterday was GREAT in the AM with nice powder conditions, deep and lots of untracked for a good amount of time due to light crowds.

Sully
Sully

April 4th, 2011, 7:55 pm #3

It's spring break, forecast is calling for cool and snowy weather most of the week and now they change Sunday to a maybe. I have people coming from a long ways out of town Sunday to ski hyak. Just chalk it up to another mistake by management. Lastly it's suppose to be gorgeous by the weekend!

April 4th, 2011, 9:39 pm #4

I'm hoping they open up for Sunday since I may not be able to make it up Saturday and Sunday is the last day of the kids spring break and was planning to do some riding. I had heard that except for Alpental, they were going to keep Hyak going the longest but it appears Central is open at least to 4/17 so Hyak will be closing next. If Hyak is so much cheaper to operate they should be keeping it open and closing down Central.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

April 4th, 2011, 10:01 pm #5

Jack-- The Yak may be cheaper to operate, but Acres has a firehose of jibbers that ride the skate park in any conditions. They pretty much have to go that way.

I predict yet another spring of week-by-week guessing whether Alpy will run another weekend...

Mikey

EdS
EdS

April 5th, 2011, 12:19 am #6

So i just checked the Summit website and is shows Hyak open saturday the 9th, and Sunday is listed as TBD and closed after that. So I guess at this point saturday is the last day for Hyak which is to bad as there is still alot of snow up there.
Maybe they heard our groaning because now they list Hyak open sunday!

April 5th, 2011, 12:24 am #7

That is great! Lets hope for a sunshine weekend to end things.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

patrol
patrol

April 5th, 2011, 1:35 am #8

We got the word last week that Sunday is tentatively the last day, but we are not tearing it down "just in case". I agree it's likely to go week-to-week and is dependent not only upon the weather, but on the visitors. Season pass holders, this late in the season, do not add much or any revenue. It is single-ticket sales that drive additional profits now.

Sam
Sam

April 5th, 2011, 5:53 am #9

Glad the Yak will be open Sat & Sun. Just hope they keep Alpental going into May and don't think everyone will drive to Crystal if they close it early. I'm always amazed that PNW ski areas close when the snow pack is at its max.

Johnnyboy
Johnnyboy

April 5th, 2011, 5:06 pm #10

OPEN that is!! It is all about the Green $$$$.

I know people on this site HATE the talk of promoting Hyak, but perhaps if you/we DID promote the area to day ticket purchasers, management could justify keeping the bull wheels turning a little longer.