Head of Kittitas Co.Roads to visit HPOA Board Meeting

Head of Kittitas Co.Roads to visit HPOA Board Meeting

Lloyd Holman
Lloyd Holman

March 21st, 2011, 3:22 am #1

Kirk Holmes, the person in charge maintaining Kittitas County Roads, has said he will be attending the March 21st meeting of the HPOA Board. This meeting will take place at the Fire station training room Monday at 7 pm. All interested parties, members or not, are welcome to attend. It is expected that Mr. Holmes will be talking about county road maintenance costs at the Pass.

Jack
Jack

March 21st, 2011, 1:53 pm #2

Where is the Fire Station training room?

Lloyd
Lloyd

March 21st, 2011, 3:52 pm #3

Upstairs. It is the door to the right of the apparatus bays.

Sam
Sam

March 24th, 2011, 7:42 pm #4

I couldn't make the meeting...anyone have update to share?

March 24th, 2011, 9:01 pm #5

Yes, there will be no increase in taxes. That entire rumor was blown far out of proportion I guess. The county guy (Kirk Holmes) just told us we were the most expensive area to plow and that their grader/snowblower are stored outdoors which is why they keep breaking down. The board tried to give away the slab of property to them to build a pole building, but that would never fly with the neighbors and was slammed down. The County will contact the fire dept to see about possibly adding on to the station a bay or 2 for the equipment. That was pretty much the chat.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997
Last edited by hyak on March 24th, 2011, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sam
Sam

March 25th, 2011, 12:23 am #6

Thanks for the update.
I've done a bit of work with the County Public Works and have been kidded and jibbed about being a Hyak resident. The first time they found out I was a Hyakian they said "oh your one of those people" and then I had to listen to their pains about how Snoqualmie Pass accounted for more of the snow removal budget than the rest of the County combined and how they got more compliants on snow removal from the pass than the rest of the county combined. I told them they should apply some of huge amount of new tax revenue they are now recieving from the three wind farms in the county to their road budget. I would expect that even with county revenues falling that kittitas is not hurting too bad with the windfall they have gotten with the wind farm revenue so I don't feel sorry for them that they have to plow snow up here.

March 25th, 2011, 1:36 pm #7

windfall from the wind farms...

Pun intended?

MK
MK

March 25th, 2011, 9:53 pm #8

Yes, there will be no increase in taxes. That entire rumor was blown far out of proportion I guess. The county guy (Kirk Holmes) just told us we were the most expensive area to plow and that their grader/snowblower are stored outdoors which is why they keep breaking down. The board tried to give away the slab of property to them to build a pole building, but that would never fly with the neighbors and was slammed down. The County will contact the fire dept to see about possibly adding on to the station a bay or 2 for the equipment. That was pretty much the chat.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997
Hey Jack, Thanks for the update!