Goodwill is the place!

Goodwill is the place!

October 27th, 2006, 4:06 am #1

I went to Goodwill in Maple Valley today for an item on my halloween constume. While in there I glanced over and saw many ski's and snowboards. There were many very useable boards, most w/bindings and all were sold for $5 each! I picked up a nice Liquid 120cm w/bindings for my kids, and an aprox 1995 K2 HC161 that looks brand new, with original K2 bindings. Its a cool vintage board, still very useable and will hang on to it for friends to use..... Oh, and also got a pair of snowshoes....also $5. There were a couple of 154cm boards that didn't look bad, but I can't buy them all. Anyway, can't pass up deals like that.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

mw
mw

October 27th, 2006, 2:30 pm #2

My 7yr old son wants a used snowboard. Are there any left? Thanks.

October 27th, 2006, 5:34 pm #3

There are 2 snowboards left w/o bindings. One is a Lamar 154 and the other I can't remember the brand name, but its around a 140. Both are in good shape. If your interested I can swing by after work and pick up the smaller one for your boy. Not sure what size he normally uses but if it won't work this year, it would work in a year or 2.

mw
mw

October 28th, 2006, 4:47 pm #4

That's very kind of you to offer. If its not out of your way that would be great. Thank you.

November 2nd, 2006, 2:26 am #5

The next time I was able to stop by was Monday and 2 boards were gone. I'll keep an eye out if more happen to show up.

mw
mw

November 2nd, 2006, 8:18 pm #6

Thank you for trying. I am going to check out the Newport High School skiswap on November 10th. If you have never been, it's a terrific place to find bargains for kids equipment, adults too. I have been shopping for my kids there for 4 yrs and have always found great bargains. However, nothing quite as good as the $5 for a snowboard you found at Goodwill. Here is a link for anyone interested; http://skiswap.info/

hyakblake
hyakblake

November 3rd, 2006, 1:50 am #7

I picked up a brand spanking new pair of K2's with Marker bindings at the Renton Highlands goodwill for $7.99 what a steal! Glad to see that piece of metal parked in the Hyak parking lot is gone. Any work on the Hyak Market Place project?

November 3rd, 2006, 2:54 am #8

I walked through their lot but all I see is a clearing. I'll ask around and find out the update.