Eye On The East blows!

Eye On The East blows!

December 6th, 2010, 6:37 pm #1

I know we're all anticipating the opening of the new lifts at Hyak.

Is it that hard to keep us informed with some pictures? Cell phone pics with a caption would be greatly appreciated.

I have emailed The Pass and have gotten no replies. Can anyone else help?

hyakian
hyakian

December 6th, 2010, 6:51 pm #2

I think seeing pictures may be more frustrating than not seeing any. If there's only a 50/50 that East will be open by Christmas.. well I'm just hoping it gets open at all this season. Lift contractor was fired and all work is being done by Summit employees at this point.

hyaker
hyaker

December 6th, 2010, 8:17 pm #3

when did the contractor get fired?

hyakian
hyakian

December 6th, 2010, 8:26 pm #4

Sounds like it was a while ago. Heard it from a local resident not the Summit. Although the only people I've seen working on the lift have been Summit employees so I kinda made sense. Last time I talked to a lift worker they said "Christmas maybe" but they also said they would be installing the bull wheel "tomorrow." Thats was over a week ago.

December 6th, 2010, 9:24 pm #5

We all know where to find the most up to date updates on the lift status and that is RIGHT HERE on this website. I last posted photo's on DEC 1 and would have posted more recent ones from Dec 3 but the status looked the same. I only post changes when it looks like something has changed. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow at the triple base to see if there is any significant progress...

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

Sully
Sully

December 6th, 2010, 9:43 pm #6

I have emailed the summit every day and have gotten no response the last two weeks. If Hyak isn't going to open until late January it is total BS. Maybe they should of started this project in the spring. The summit was more than happy to answer questions in a promptly fashion about the progress up to about 3 weeks ago. I think they damn well no Hyak isn't going to be opening this month or next. They just don't want to say anything to the public, so we don't start complaining.

December 6th, 2010, 9:47 pm #7

If they do not get open by Xmas break they better be open more days then just sat/sun to make up for the difference. I'm planning on having my kids up during xmas break and would much rather be boarding with them at Hyak then have to haul them over to Central or West. If Hyak is not open in time I might just head over to White Pass for the xmas break.

wondering
wondering

December 6th, 2010, 10:42 pm #8

the "official" line is still XMAS break....though the lack of updates from the area are frustrating...has anyone called guest services?

December 7th, 2010, 6:35 pm #9

This is the picture from last night. The bull wheel is attached and it appears the haul rope may be getting strung along. They need to step it up for DEC 10 testing.

Heard
Heard

December 7th, 2010, 6:41 pm #10

I heard a 12/16 load test...when did you hear 12/10