Eastbound I90 closed at Denny Creek due to rockslide!!!

Eastbound I90 closed at Denny Creek due to rockslide!!!

May 12th, 2009, 12:48 pm #1

http://www.kirotv.com/news/19436258/detail.html

Rockslide Closes Eastbound Interstate 90 Near Snoqualmie Summit
All Eastbound lanes of I-90 are closed right now and will stay that way for hours after an overnight rockslide.

It happened around 1:30AM five miles west of Snoqualmie Pass Summit.

A boulder with a radius of about three feet caused a crash.

The KIRO-7 assignment desk talked with Trooper McDonald this morning who says the giant boulder was in the Eastbound lanes when the driver of a milk truck slammed into it

We're told the truck was not carrying milk at the time but the truck is leaking oil and fuel.

The driver suffered minor injuries.

WSDOT tells KIRO-7 the road will remain closed until slope conditions can be examined during daylight hours.
Last edited by StackAndMisha on May 12th, 2009, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 12th, 2009, 2:06 pm #2

Looks like they've gotten approval to open it back up.

May 12th, 2009, 2:38 pm #3

LOL well, they opened it and it started dumping. Be careful out there.

May 12th, 2009, 3:40 pm #4

New white stuff up top of Wild Side.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997
Last edited by hyak on May 13th, 2009, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 12th, 2009, 6:47 pm #5

http://www.kirotv.com/news/19436258/detail.html

Rockslide Closes Eastbound Interstate 90 Near Snoqualmie Summit
All Eastbound lanes of I-90 are closed right now and will stay that way for hours after an overnight rockslide.

It happened around 1:30AM five miles west of Snoqualmie Pass Summit.

A boulder with a radius of about three feet caused a crash.

The KIRO-7 assignment desk talked with Trooper McDonald this morning who says the giant boulder was in the Eastbound lanes when the driver of a milk truck slammed into it

We're told the truck was not carrying milk at the time but the truck is leaking oil and fuel.

WSDOT tells KIRO-7 the road will remain closed until slope conditions can be examined during daylight hours.
No word on the condition of the driver, HOWEVER: "We're told the truck was not carrying milk at the time." Awesome.

May 12th, 2009, 8:40 pm #6

<span class="containerwidget"><span><span class="alert"> </span></span></span><strong>Boulder, Then Collisions Close I-90</strong>
<span class="posted">Posted: 3:01 am PDT May 12, 2009</span><span class="updated">Updated: 1:05 pm PDT May 12, 2009</span>
<strong>SNOQUALMIE PASS, Wash. -- </strong>Eastbound Interstate 90 at Snoqualmie Pass was closed for a time Tuesday morning because of numerous collisions involving 30 vehicles, troopers told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News.

The closure came just after all eastbound lanes of I-90 near North Bend were cleared following the crash of a boulder onto the road. The eastbound lanes were closed for nearly six hours.

The boulder with a radius of about three feet came crashing down at about 1:30 a.m. five miles west of the Snoqualmie Pass summit at milepost 34.

The KIRO 7 assignment desk talked with Washington State Patrol Trooper McDonald, who said the giant boulder was in the eastbound lanes when the driver of a milk truck slammed into it.

The truck was not carrying milk at the time, but the crash caused the truck to leak oil and fuel.

May 13th, 2009, 1:52 am #7

No word on the condition of the driver, HOWEVER: "We're told the truck was not carrying milk at the time." Awesome.
I was worried about that milk!

Barb Quirie
Barb Quirie

May 13th, 2009, 2:36 am #8

LOL well, they opened it and it started dumping. Be careful out there.
Yeah, we were in 4WD again, leaving from Hyak this AM--hopefully, after I retire, I can randanee ski to my heart's content!!! (28 days to go

May 13th, 2009, 3:42 am #9

Barb, good to see you start to be a regular contributor to the forum....!!

May 13th, 2009, 1:26 pm #10

Yeah, we were in 4WD again, leaving from Hyak this AM--hopefully, after I retire, I can randanee ski to my heart's content!!! (28 days to go
We saw 2 or 3 pickups had tangled it up on the summit westbound yesterday morning. Then, some idiot in a school bus of all things was going too fast and tried to PASS US. It's amazing we didn't tangle up and crash, it was way too snowy and slick for the way he was driving. I should've taken down the bus info and called the school district, LOL.