dibs on first chair...

dibs on first chair...

mw
mw

January 30th, 2011, 2:41 am #1

So..... who is calling 1st chair on opening day.

MK
MK

January 30th, 2011, 3:41 pm #2

First come first served.

Barb Q.
Barb Q.

January 31st, 2011, 12:02 am #3

Norm's gonna get it according to sources since he lost his house to the avalanche I did ask him recently at St. Bernard Chapel after service if he really wanted first chair and he said the way the chairs have run all these years at Hyak, he's not so sure--there's a bunch of us who want to honor him by having him ride it first--after all he'll be 83 in March!

mw
mw

January 31st, 2011, 12:15 am #4

"If" I`m first in line, I would love to ride up with Norm. After-all it is a triple.

Barb Q.
Barb Q.

January 31st, 2011, 3:19 am #5

I say jump on the chair--May it happen SOON!!

January 31st, 2011, 4:47 am #6

I think these three should fill the first chair! (not that I'm bias or anything

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

anon
anon

January 31st, 2011, 8:20 am #7

First come first served.
the first chair to be ridden with skis on will probably be patrollers, and construction staff who will be allowed some priveledge for all the hard work and extra hours they have put in. Plus gear and rope lines have to be placed.

On Saturday, if we open, the first chairs will be ridden by the lift op and the patrol. The first public will hopefully be Norm and hopefully will happen at 8:30 sharp.

I promise we won't cut up all the powder we're going to have.

Barb Q.
Barb Q.

January 31st, 2011, 4:14 pm #8

I think these three should fill the first chair! (not that I'm bias or anything

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997
I love that shot--I also have a good one of Norm the day before the avalanche--I had gone out to ski with Norm while Ed went in for coffee--Norm loves copies of these pix too as he lost most all pix in the avalanche--he was telling me yesterday of a family journal from the mid-1800's with all kinds of stories that he missed--yes let's get him on that first chair!!

Barb Q.
Barb Q.

January 31st, 2011, 4:16 pm #9

the first chair to be ridden with skis on will probably be patrollers, and construction staff who will be allowed some priveledge for all the hard work and extra hours they have put in. Plus gear and rope lines have to be placed.

On Saturday, if we open, the first chairs will be ridden by the lift op and the patrol. The first public will hopefully be Norm and hopefully will happen at 8:30 sharp.

I promise we won't cut up all the powder we're going to have.
We know that, but we just want to have some fun with Norm--so maybe for the first chair for the paying public we could put him on with fanfare--at least from all of us neighbors!!

Duh
Duh

January 31st, 2011, 5:42 pm #10

Duh on the patrollers and lifties being first...but they ain't public. I am voting for the 3 amigos...based on looks alone!