Count down

Count down

June 24th, 2008, 4:17 pm #1

Only 6 months to go before we hit the slopes again!

June 24th, 2008, 6:33 pm #2

Do you come up to your condo much in the Summer?

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

July 10th, 2008, 9:37 pm #3

No...to darn hot (no AC). Pretty much stay in the flatlands!

July 13th, 2008, 3:08 am #4

Only 6 months to go before we hit the slopes again!
Hey! Summer just got here. Skiing ain't the only thing that happens around this place.

EdS
EdS

July 13th, 2008, 6:02 pm #5

I have to say (as a full time pass resident)in some ways summers are almost nicer than the winters. For one thing I dont haved to snowblow the driveway continuously! Besides, you can still drive to high elevation and snowboard this summer, and all the crowds are gone and the weather is much nicer up here than down below. Dont write the pass off in the summer!

hyakblake
hyakblake

July 14th, 2008, 5:24 am #6

That's for sure. My family hiked over to silver fir on Saturday to check out what was going on. There was 2 excavators working in the area between the "pig" lodge and silver fir. My guess is they may be widening and regrading for access to silver fir and possibly getting ready to realign the chair right in front of the pig lodge. Later we took the kids down to the lake for a swim. It is just amazing someone has not opened a sport shop on the pass where people can rent bikes or kayaks. If we were really motivated we could have gone and played in the leftover snow from the holy oly.
Great place either way you cut it!

July 14th, 2008, 7:15 am #7

We played in the snow today (about 15' high still) then went to the bath-rocks (water slide) over by Denny Creek.....fun time! I'll try to upload video's to Flikr tomorrow...

July 15th, 2008, 12:11 am #8

That's for sure. My family hiked over to silver fir on Saturday to check out what was going on. There was 2 excavators working in the area between the "pig" lodge and silver fir. My guess is they may be widening and regrading for access to silver fir and possibly getting ready to realign the chair right in front of the pig lodge. Later we took the kids down to the lake for a swim. It is just amazing someone has not opened a sport shop on the pass where people can rent bikes or kayaks. If we were really motivated we could have gone and played in the leftover snow from the holy oly.
Great place either way you cut it!
Nope, they are putting water and sewer for a bunch of new houses.

July 15th, 2008, 1:09 pm #9

I noticed 2 big holes dug into the lower parking lot of Hyak Sunday when I was driving around. One thing that was strange was there were no cones around it, or any indication of the holes being there (and they are pretty large/deep). Seems they could easily be driven into at night, especially since they are in the middle of the lot.

EdS
EdS

July 15th, 2008, 2:37 pm #10

I talked to Terry at the Sewer Dept and he told me the summit is trying to fix the seeps they have always had in the lot. But your right, I walked by those yesterday and they are real hazards, especially if some little kid fell in them. I think they are goiung to install some sort of drain system.

BTW JAck, I rode the dirt bike up to Silver Peak, still snow enough up there to do some riding. give me a call