*Stevens Pass

April 23--
*Alpental (may extend to 30th?)

April 30--
*White Pass
*Mt Baker

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997
Last edited by hyak on April 18th, 2006, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yamaha
Yamaha

April 19th, 2006, 3:35 am #2

Was up at Alp. on Saturday. Ran into Mr. Bob, says grapevine gossip thinks we'll get a weekend in May. High number of walk-in sales is giving a boost to the odds. PS Best wipeout of the year on Saturday. About an 8 foot drop was landed 15 foot out, only problem was I stuck the landing with my shoulder. Thank the snow God's for the fresh foot. Not a scratch, only a WOW!!!

April 19th, 2006, 4:32 am #3

Went up last Saturday. ZERO parking available. No one on Chair 2. Everyone was up for the downhill apparantly. Did lap after lap on Chair 2. Adrenaline skiers right was perfect. If they stay open I am there. Got to be out of town this weekend unfortunaltley. If there is an opening announcment, I will be the first to applaud the mountain. It's about the only good thing they have done.

April 19th, 2006, 4:08 pm #4

Booth hasn't been bad this year IMO. First, the free pass for those of us who paid last year was a big bonus. Hyak lifts ran longer this year then anytime since the area was purchased by Ski Lifts, Inc. and now talk of running into May at Alpental would be very cool.

Last edited by hyak on April 19th, 2006, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomK
TomK

April 24th, 2006, 4:02 pm #5

April 2 --
*Mission Ridge
*Hyak

April 9 --
*Central (Ski Acres)
*Loup Loup Ski Bowl

April 16--
*Crystal Mtn
*Stevens Pass

April 23--
*Alpental (may extend to 30th?)

April 30--
*White Pass
*Mt Baker

Was up at Alpental this Saturday/Sunday AM and on Sunday the whiteboard read WE"LL BE OPEN NEXT WEEKEND (April 29/30).

Preliminary WX looks good for another pair of sunny days.
FYI - ALL the parking lots were full both days when we left at noon.

April 24th, 2006, 4:10 pm #6

I just read that on the website. I'm going to try and break away for one of those days for sure. I was going to try to go to White Pass next weekend but since Alpental is staying open I'll stick around here.

TomK
TomK

April 25th, 2006, 4:32 pm #7

We are thinking of heading down to White Pass on Saturday, and hitting Alpy on Sunday.

Rumor mill at Alpy is that maybe May 6/7 for lifts so that they can set a "longest season" record. Since the weather prediction for this weekend looks like no rain again, expect another good-sized Alpy crowd.

David
David

April 25th, 2006, 7:52 pm #8

That would be only the coolest thing in the world. I don't care how much gas costs, I wouldn't care if it was pouring rain, I wouldn't care if I had to take 1000mg of ibuprofen for my injured shoulder. Even if I only took one run, I'd make the trip and take pictures just to be able to someday tell my grandkids that "I was there" to ski Alpental in May.

If it happens, somebody will need have "I was there" t-shirts on hand to sell that day. I will only charge the seller a small fee per shirt for the intellectual property rights.

A few years ago The Summit held a Passholder Appreciation BBQ at Alpental. That was a load of fun. Any rumors about such a thing happening this year? If not, that's OK too... just getting the free pass renewal was more than enough thanks. Maybe passholders should throw a BBQ for the Booth Creek employees and volunteer ski patrollers!

This has really been a season to remember.

David
David

April 25th, 2006, 8:59 pm #9

Posted on their web site; 9AM to 5PM May 6th & 7th.
http://www.summitatsnoqualmie.com/info/winter/hours.asp

See you all there!

April 25th, 2006, 11:18 pm #10

I hope the weather holds out. May boarding would be great!!

What a great PR move by Booth!

Last edited by hyak on April 25th, 2006, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.