Cable?

Cable?

June 1st, 2012, 6:39 pm #1

Have you guys seen a sharp spike in cable TV pricing? We think we're going to have say no thanks.

June 1st, 2012, 7:16 pm #2

Yeah, I think it was about $30 when we moved up here almost 10 years ago and now it's $48. I've been thinking about satellite but not sure I can get a good angle from my house...

June 1st, 2012, 7:25 pm #3

Can anyone report on how Clink's service performs at delivering video media? I haven't tried it.

This is the model the larger market is moving towards. We want to wait until summer 2013, but we want to shoot the cable, too. My opinion is that neither the existing cable nor satellite can dominate as a long-term solution at the Pass eventually, it will come up an optical fiber and through CAT5 copper EtherNet to the warm, glowing shiny thing in your living room.

June 1st, 2012, 8:40 pm #4

My cable went out at the end of December. I called the new owners to report and they told me they have no idea where my cable runs are and wouldn't be able to fix it until the snow melts. Never did hear back from them, haven't had cable in 6 months and may contact Dish to see if they can find a shot to get through the trees. I liked the cable, but for $50/mo I can get so much more through Dish if I can just get a line of sight to the satellites. I've been doing Netflix and other net accessible video since no cable tv but I do miss my sports.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

Rick
Rick

June 4th, 2012, 7:03 am #5

For weekenders, DirecTV is a real deal if you can find a sightline for the dish. They are totally fine with having receivers connected at vacation homes, RVs, etc., I bought an old standard-definition dish on eBay for about $20, and I lease an extra receiver for $6/month which I leave up at Hyak.

June 4th, 2012, 1:54 pm #6

Dish does the same as well.

June 12th, 2012, 2:41 pm #7

Got my cable all fixed and the picture is better then it has ever been in the 15 years I've had service up here. Good to see this company is moving forward. Thanks Pass Cable!