Big shake up in Pass cuisine:

Big shake up in Pass cuisine:

September 30th, 2011, 1:07 am #1

Guys--

As I'm sure everyone by now knows, the taco truck is gone from the Chevron.

But wait, I learned today that Aardvark is moving to the Chevron on Saturday! I had a ginger chicken taco and it was really pretty delicious. Gorgeous day for a bike ride, too.

Aardvark dude says he's going to operate right through the winter, try to get a shuttle stop. The area at Hyak he's currently on apparently becomes a construction staging area for the new snowshed over I-90.

Mikey

Jack
Jack

September 30th, 2011, 1:57 am #2

I can't believe that big ugly trailer will be allowed at the Chevron station, but I am glad to hear it will be leaving Hyak!! Snoqualmie Pass needs real restaurants/diners, not tacky vans or trailers. I like Webbs but the menu is limited and it is only open a few days a week. The new owners of the Pancake House/Xanadu have taken that a step down from the low level it already operated at.
Too bad the USFS is determined to have the old fire station building be torn down. There are plenty of private businesses that would do something there but they will not allow it. Not sure of the timeline to destruction and not sure if there is anything the public can to do save the historic building. The DOT wanted to tear down the restrooms after the grocery left but Red Mtn Coffee was allowed to operate and look how nice that building is now. Same could be done with the old fire station building (built in the 1930's).

September 30th, 2011, 4:22 pm #3

The Fire station is going to be around through the highway construction after that is anybody's guess

September 30th, 2011, 6:22 pm #4

I can't believe that big ugly trailer will be allowed at the Chevron station, but I am glad to hear it will be leaving Hyak!! Snoqualmie Pass needs real restaurants/diners, not tacky vans or trailers. I like Webbs but the menu is limited and it is only open a few days a week. The new owners of the Pancake House/Xanadu have taken that a step down from the low level it already operated at.
Too bad the USFS is determined to have the old fire station building be torn down. There are plenty of private businesses that would do something there but they will not allow it. Not sure of the timeline to destruction and not sure if there is anything the public can to do save the historic building. The DOT wanted to tear down the restrooms after the grocery left but Red Mtn Coffee was allowed to operate and look how nice that building is now. Same could be done with the old fire station building (built in the 1930's).
Jack careful what you wish for... Atkinson has a six-year contract to construct a new snowshed over I-90 along Lake Keechelus. The spot where that "big, ugly" trailer has been sitting will be used as a staging area for the project, with its attendant traffic, noise, dust. mud, debris and trash, so maybe not a huge improvement.. and now you gotta drive almost two miles up hill to get a taco. Oh, the humanity.

I don't understand why that space hasn't been developed commercially. It has perfect access to exit 54, snow removal is much easier than up at the Travelers Rest, and would make an awesome truck stop/gas station/C-store. Maybe it's zoned differently, not that Kittitas County seems to care much about zoning, easements, permits and so forth.

Think snow!!

Mikey

MK
MK

September 30th, 2011, 7:27 pm #5

I was nearly hit on my motorcycle yesterday afternoon by one of two trucks that came blowing through the intersection, more or less using it as their personal turn around.

September 30th, 2011, 8:18 pm #6

The blonde chick talking on her cell phone has nearly hit me twice I don't think she ever saw me on my bike.

Jack
Jack

October 1st, 2011, 12:14 am #7

I've almost been hit too because those construction trucks blow through the intersection, many times without even slowing down.

October 1st, 2011, 12:30 am #8

When I rolled down through there mid-day yesterday, one of these

was hauling *** up from the DOT station to cross under the freeway.

The lug nuts on that rig outweigh my bicycle.

Mikey

EdS
EdS

October 3rd, 2011, 7:21 pm #9

I've almost been hit too because those construction trucks blow through the intersection, many times without even slowing down.
The most dangerous time there at the intersection is when they change shifts, the workers dont stop at any of those stop signs, they just blow right past them at full speed.