Anyone stuck in Div. 1 looking for something to do?

Anyone stuck in Div. 1 looking for something to do?

Rick
Rick

February 1st, 2008, 5:44 pm #1

Just wondering if my chimney is still attached to my house. I was planning to clear it off this weekend, but with all the heavy new snow I wonder if it's too late. If you're out walking (or driving - is it plowed?) upper Snoq. Dr. and want to peek at the place next door to the octagonal house, let me know what you see.

February 1st, 2008, 6:28 pm #2

county came by and plowed a line down the middle of cascade place....leaving a 3 foot berm at the end of our driveways. no sign of a blower coming to pick it up...that was well over an hour ago.

maybe you can stick your head in the fireplace and look up?

edited to say, they showed up and blew the snow. i was beginning to think they had quarantined us and forgot to tell us about it.
Last edited by StackAndMisha on February 1st, 2008, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rick
Rick

February 1st, 2008, 6:31 pm #3

Actually I'm in Seattle right now...can't quite see the chimney from here, no matter how hard I squint!

February 1st, 2008, 6:44 pm #4

I thought you just didn't want to trudge out in the snow. Silly me.

February 1st, 2008, 9:44 pm #5

Rick, I hope to be up Saturday to start the clearing of my access, and parking at my area. I wonder if the snow is still stacking up on top of the octagon house?
I just hope the DOT blower didn't add to the pile in my parking area. It will be bad enough with the natural snow, I don't need the road crud too.

Things are not looking good for an early AM drive up.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

February 1st, 2008, 9:55 pm #6

Has been out for a little over an hour (I'm using my laptop and a UPS to run my DSL modem, lol)

Husband was taking a drive thru the neighborhood to look at things. I told him to check on Rick's roof, and see also if he can see anything wrong near the substation. He's not back just yet.

February 1st, 2008, 10:00 pm #7

Just wondering if my chimney is still attached to my house. I was planning to clear it off this weekend, but with all the heavy new snow I wonder if it's too late. If you're out walking (or driving - is it plowed?) upper Snoq. Dr. and want to peek at the place next door to the octagonal house, let me know what you see.
I had husb take a picture. Tell me your email and I'll send it to you, or if you want I can post it on the flikr site.

Rick
Rick

February 1st, 2008, 10:56 pm #8

Misha, check your email...I sent you a message.

erik
erik

February 1st, 2008, 10:58 pm #9

I had husb take a picture. Tell me your email and I'll send it to you, or if you want I can post it on the flikr site.
Hope things are okay up there!

Just wondering if you would be able to take some shots of the houses up on Innsbruck while there is no power and nothing else to do?

Mostly I am interested in #18... Larry/Chris' former place and now mine. We had some big snow load on the west side of the garage and some huge mushrooms on the house. I wish I would have put up the rest of the snow fence on the deck.

February 1st, 2008, 11:05 pm #10

Misha, check your email...I sent you a message.
lets see the photo....