Anyone ski West lately

Anyone ski West lately

mw
mw

November 23rd, 2005, 6:55 pm #1

I skied West 10 days ago and there was barely enough snow to cover the slope. Has anyone been up this week? How are conditions? I'm thinking about going up this weekend.

November 23rd, 2005, 7:17 pm #2

I haven't boarded, but no new snow and there is less then there was 10 days ago. I was told last week they were going to close the area Thurs, but its still running. The fog has helped keep the snow from melting, but there are a lot of dirt patches. I was last up there Monday..... Don't expect very good conditons.

November 23rd, 2005, 10:33 pm #3

It's better now than it was in mid-January last season!

I was up last Sunday and the Sunday before getting gear dialed in. The coverage is sketchy on the bottom quarter of the hill but they did a good job of brushing and grooming and they've got a lot of people making use of last-years' passes.

November 25th, 2005, 10:39 pm #4

Apparently, it has been snowing all day so far. Anyone make it up there and can report if it's helped fill in some of the bare spots or how much has fallen? I'm hoping to go up Sunday, but possibly Saturday if a fair deal has accumulated.

November 26th, 2005, 5:02 pm #5

Its been snowing since I got here yesterday and still snowing. DOT reports 8" new which is about right. Yesterday's snow was very wet, but the last few inches is drier. I'll be out with the kids sleding today on the slopes of Hyak.