Alpental Bridge

Alpental Bridge

June 16th, 2005, 8:42 pm #1

Not much happening at the bridge. They have done some digging and dug a big hole on the parking lot side. Other then that, not much happening yet. (pic online).

http://hyak.net/cam
Last edited by hyak on June 16th, 2005, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mw
mw

August 1st, 2005, 3:57 pm #2

Has anyone seen any work on the bridge yet?

August 1st, 2005, 5:23 pm #3

I was there Friday and it looked the same as the last photo you see on the weekly update. I'd guess that when they do start it will go up quickly. I do see activity around, mostly in the Central parking lot. They are getting all the brush trimming gear ready and piles of gravel for the parking lots, etc. Now that we are in our long, hot summertime the growing slows dramatically so they will start the brush cutting sometime later this month. Hyak usually gets its shave in September.

August 2nd, 2005, 3:06 am #4

Good to hear about the brush cutting.

August 5th, 2005, 12:37 am #5

Cement truck has arrived and was spitting out some cascade concrete at the Alpental footbridge..... Good to see some action finally.

TomK
TomK

August 15th, 2005, 1:32 am #6

Was up at the Alp parking lot on Saturday the 13th and took a few pictures that I'll send to Mr Hyak for posting.
Basicly, it looks like the bridge footings are in and they are awaiting the arrival of the steelwork.

The new span is going to be a lot longer than the original. Higher as well.

Also, they have laid down a layer of new surface in the main parking lot to fill in the potholes. It looks like old ground up asphalt and gravel similar to what gets removed during a road rebuild. Mayby that's what's been happening to the old Hwy 18 surface.

August 15th, 2005, 1:20 pm #7

Thanks for the update Tom. I plan to go up Thursday at noon so I'll see if further construction has occured. Too bad I didn't save any of the construction progress photo's for the Armstrong Express that used to be hosted on the Ski Geeks page. Didn't think of it back then.....
Last edited by hyak on August 16th, 2005, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.