Purplebubba's Periodical Prose Of Ponderings

Personal Journals for you to share your progress. You can talk about other things as well.

Please Do Not post in someone else's journal.

Use the Journal Discussion board for that instead.

Sub Forum Links

~ Journal Discussion ~ ~~ ~ Our Routines ~

Purplebubba's Periodical Prose Of Ponderings

PurpleBubba
2000 Posts & Up - Hair Sticks - Full Collection
PurpleBubba

20 May 2004, 07:10 #1

PurpleBubba's Periodical Prose of Ponderings (Wavy, Fine - Medium, Average amount.)

March 2004 Entries

First Entry - 3/20/04

Well here I am starting a journal. I'm not sure what will come of it but I'm willing to give it a try.

I'm not looking to gain much. I'd like to stop being so darn lazy when it comes to my hair. I don't want to be vain about it but I'd like to at least start taking my own advice.

I guess I'll start by putting my hair history. Maybe that will help me to know where I've been and where I want to go?

I'll post that in the next post. As soon as I gather everything. ;)

Edited on 4/18/04 to add: Well it's been almost a month and I see that quite a lot has come of this journal. This journal has made a big difference in my life. If you are reading this and you don't have a journal yet I highly recommend that you at least go post a first post, even if you have to go back and edit it later to add things. I also recommend you do as I did and make a to do list. So that being said, enjoy my journal and thanks for caring enough to read, I appreciate it. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Routine or Lack Of (3/21/04)

I use Revlon Flexx shampoo for Dry to Normal hair and then sometimes I will use a little bit of whatever bottle of something else that my Mom has in the shower. I've been using Revlon Flexx since 1998 when I drove down to Georgia to visit some online friends and one of them gave me an extra bottle they had. I currently do not use conditioner or at least cannot remember the last time I did. I did get a deep conditioning treatment under a hood dryer in July of 2000 as part of some free services I got for signing up for school.
I am a very infrequent hair washer. I was hoping that going to school would have changed that but it didn't. I guess its hard to think clean after spending 5 years in an oil and dust cloud called metal manufacturing. I just wonder if those oils were helping my hair at all. I was getting my frequent trims then and always had compliments on my hair's condition.

My Hair Type (3/21/04)

For awhile I've been posting my hair type as 2a M ii but earlier today I was reading the typing system and looked at my hair and thought to myself, "I think my hair is a bit finer than medium." So I decided to change my type to 2a F-M ii. My hair was curly as a kid but now its just barely wavey. Wavey enough that I can't call it straight.

Search & Destroy 3/23/04

Hey, I finally followed my own advice for a change. :tup:

Yesterday while the computer was taking forever to defragment I decided I would attempt my first ever Search and Destroy session. I guess it helped that the defrag had a lot of space that was white, Teacherbear is right that white background really helps. I only did the section on the right side from the ear forward. I think that was the first time I ever actually attempted to section my hair for anything. I usually do not part my hair so even doing that was new to me unless I used to do it as a kid and don't recall.

I can see where being patient is really necessary for doing this. :mug:
It can be hard get at them. Especially in my hair that hasn't been trimmed in almost 3 years. :shake: I guess it really doesn't matter if I mess up a bit because I never leave the house anymore without my hair in a ponytail. At least in a tail if the ends were uneven it wouldn't be as obvious. I need to go to Feye's page. I'm thinking I should do one of her trims before I go any further.

My Hair History - 3/23/04

For the first 15 years of my life I had short hair. Not by choice. I never liked getting my haircut or being forced to. I didn't like it when people at school would notice that I had a haircut. The worst was the elementary Gym teacher. I had him from 1st - 6th grade. Anytime anyone got a haircut he would bring it to everyone's attention by saying, "Did you get your ears lowered?" then he would wait for a response and say, "Happy Haircut." That's nice for people who didn't mind but I didn't want that attention and I wasn't happy with the haircut.

Growing up when we got haircuts we usually got them at one of two barber shops. One near here and one at the end of my grandma's block. Or sometimes Mom would cut it. Sometimes when I spent a day or a week over at grandma's I would go to that shop near her and get my hair cut. Then to make things worse when I got back to grandma's house she would always "fix it" meaning shorter. When I was 4 or 5, I grabbed some scissors and hacked up my own hair. I didn't care what I looked like from my own job but of course I then had to go to the barber shop.

I had the same teacher two years in a row for 4th and 5th grade. She was a very nice teacher but she used to pick on me in class because my hair wasn't combed. It got to the point where one day I just yelled back something like "Its my hair leave me alone." Didn't help much since I still got sent into the hall to comb it.
Then came 6th grade. At the beginning of the year I was asked if I wanted to push a 1st grader in a wheel chair to class each morning, spend time with him at lunch, then push him back to the bus. I did that the whole year. He had a few toes cut in a lawnmower accident. Anyway at the end of the year we were going to have a little party in the first grade room at lunch time and I was supposed to bring Kool aid or something. The day of the party I got to school and realized I forgot the kool aid stuff. I ran back home only to run into my mom and step dad at home who told me to just forget about it. Needless to say I was upset and I ran back to school. So I showed up late for class and I'm already crying because I don't like to not keep promises, etc. A few minutes later the 5th grade teacher pokes her nose in the room and starts complaining about my hair again. This was also the day of the commencement or whatever for the 6th graders going on to Jr. High. I also got complained to about the fact that I only had a T shirt on instead of something fancy. So later on after the assembly my 6th grade teacher, not the 5th is taking to my mom who of course came to the assembly. They basically decide that I'm getting my hair cut. So when I got home it turned into a war with me, mom, and step dad. They basically gave me an ultimatum that if I didn't go get my hair cut that I couldn't go on the field trip the next day. So I ended up giving in. Mom dropped me off at the barber shop and then I had to walk home almost a mile.

Things kind of settled down the next few years. Then in 9th grade I went shopping with mom and grandma to the mall. The whole day grandma was complaining about my hair. I also had an orthodontist appointment that day which was why I was with them in the first place. So after all the arguing once again I lose. So before my appointment they made me go into the salon that was in the same strip mall as the ortho. This is where things get a little better. Neither of them talked to my stylist, I did all the talking. My stylist also didn't speak English well. She basically held my hair up and pointed to a length and I said just a tiny bit shorter. Now I didn't get a buzz cut but it was a haircut. My hair was maybe 2-3 inches long afterward. The whole ride home was nothing but grandma complaining about how I didn't get enough cut and that it wasn't worth the $10. I think what happened next was mom said she would fix it at home but she never did. So even though that was another bad day at least I had some say. Ah small victories.

In 10th grade I started letting my hair grow for the first time. I don't remember how long it got but the whole year I got complained to by mom about it being long. After the last day of school I decided that I was going to cut my own hair again. Unfortunately the hair scissors were not in the house and I ended up using some bad ones. Anyway once again I didn't care what it looked like but it had to be fixed. I didn't care because I didn't have school until fall. This time mom fixed it herself.

The day before the last day of 11th grade mom decides she is going to "trim my hair" and once again it isn't a trim. So I had to go to school with a new haircut. Couldn't she have waited a day? That was the last time I had a haircut that was not by my choice.

I started growing my hair again and of course heard the complaints. I turned 18 March 31 and decided that since I was now an adult that I would go get my hair cut on my own. Just to see if that would shut them up. I had to go to the post office anyway to register for selective service or whatever its called. So without telling anyone I walked to the PO and then across the street to a salon. I think I measured my hair the day before and by taking one individual strand and pulling it out from the root I measured it and it was 8 inches long. So I decided that I would get it cut to around 3 -3 1/2 inches which would be shorter but not a buzz cut. I really didn't know what I was talking about but I asked her to feather it so it blended and wouldn't look like a haircut. Not that that would matter going from 8 - 3 inches but that's what I wanted. When I got home only my brother was home and I was wearing a hooded sweatshirt. I don't know if he noticed or not. I sat in the living room waiting for mom and step dad to get home. Then when they came in I waited for a few minutes and then took the hood off. Of course they were thrilled. I did have to go to school the next day with a new haircut but it wasn't as bad since it was my choice and I didn't mind talking about it. Then in third period ceramics the girl I sat next to also had gotten her hair cut so I wasn't the only one.

From April 94 until sometime in 96 I let my hair grow without a trim or anything. I started my job at a gear factory in September 95 and I just tucked my ponytail under a hat that I found that was big enough. In 96 I decided that I would go for one of my drives along the river and stop somewhere along the way and get a trim. I was only going to get an inch or so off because I didn't want anyone to notice when I got home but since it had been so long and it grew from basically a layered cut my ends were uneven. I don't know how much she cut but it had to be at least 3 inches. This is where things get a little weird and kind of funny. No one said anything to me about it home. I decided, "hmm wonder how much I have to cut off to get noticed?" For the next three weeks in a row I took a drive up the river and stopped somewhere and got just a 1/2 inch trim. It wasn't until after the 4th time that Mom asks, "so who's this girlfriend you're seeing that's cutting your hair?" I think I said, "no one".

Then after that I went for about a year or so straight getting 1/2 inch trims every 6-8 weeks and trying a new place every time. It really amazed me how many different techniques that were used to do the same 1/2 inch trim. Now I'm not really comfortable admitting this but I also went to those salons hoping to bump into a girl and maybe get the nerve to ask her out. I'm a very shy person. I did ask a few stylists but they were already seeing people. I also asked one of them what it took to go to school for hair and she said it was about a year. That was probably the first time I had ever said something like that to someone about being interested in hair or styling.

In January of 1998 I got online after step dad bought a computer for his hair brained get rich quick scheme of owning pay phones. After surfing for about a month I went to the Hearst Magazines to look at some articles and I saw they had a chat room. It was called HomeArts Chat. I was expecting it to be mostly women since Hearst has so many women's magazines but to my surprise it was about 50 / 50 or 60 / 40 and the people were very friendly. After making some friends a few of them sent me their pictures and some of them had really curly long hair and I finally broke out of my shell and started talking to them about my interest in hair care. I made quite a few friends and met many of them in person. Then at the end of 98 step dad decided to erase and reinstall the computer stuff and since I was tired of arguing with him I didn't push to get back online. It wasn't until May 21st of 99 that I got back online. This was the not only the day after mom threw him out of our lives but also the day after my car got totaled just sitting in front of the house at 2 am by a drunk.

In October 99 I started a Lighthouse club on Yahoo and then after a while of not being able to find a decent club on hair care I made my first hair care club called Long Hair Care in June of 2000. A few days after I got a some members they wanted me to help keep it safe so I made it unlisted. This meant that all new members had to be invited by email after that.

All that time I was still getting regular trims although it was more like every few months instead of 6-8 weeks. In August of 2000 I started cosmetology school after the success and support I was having with the club. Due to financial reasons and other reasons I stopped going in June of 2001 after completing about 800 of 1500 hours. At that time I was only 50/50 on wanting to be in school and I had missed so many days trying to get myself straightened out that they had to drop me.

My last trim was May of 2001 by a fellow student. That was the last time scissors touched my hair until last night, except for the occasional times I would snip a stray strand or two. As I stated, last night 3/21/04 I did a self split end trim on the right front portion of my hair.

That's basically it. Now I'm concentrating on trying to get some routines going and get my hair back into shape.

I Trimmed & My New Routine - 3/26/04

I was going to post about it last night but I couldn't get the site to load, I trimmed my hair last night using Feye's slight U instructions. I was going to take a picture with my regular camera but I was having trouble figuring out how to get the picture. Plus I just loaded a brand new 24 roll of film and I don't want to develop only 1 or 2 pictures from a whole roll.
I guess I'll bite the bullet and ask Mom to take one of me. Maybe my other camera has a roll of film that's already used a bit.

I trimmed about 1.5 - 2 inches or what seemed to be.
I think if I went to a salon the stylist would have trimmed more or would have wanted to. I don't mind if its not perfect because I still wear a ponytail in puplic. Its gotta look 100% better right now than it did.

I just got out of the shower a few minutes ago after washing with CO.

Here is what I did. I was going to do the CWC but I decided against using a shampoo this time to see if the V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying conditioner actually cleans.

I coated both my scalp and length with the V05 KLS C and lightly scrubbed / massaged it in. I then rinsed it out. I then reapplied the V05 KLS C as a normal conditioner and then rinsed that out. Then I used Aussie 3 Minute Miracle for more like 4 minutes. I rinsed that out. Oh and by now the hot water was cold so i had no choice but to rinse with cold. I then applied the Knot Forgotten (Slip) detangler conditioner and then I combed it through with my widest toothed comb. Then I decided to wait a few minutes for the water to warm up so I sat down for a few minutes. After probably around 8-10 minutes the water seemed a little warmer so I jumped up and rinsed off the Knot Forgotten. Then I lightly squeezed out my hair (not twisting like a towel) and then lightly touched it with a towel. Now I'm sitting here letting it air dry like I usually do. I very rarely use a blow dryer. I've used one maybe 10 times in the past 4 years.

I have to say that I like the results so far. I am really surprised that my hair feels as clean as it does considering I applied 4 conditioners and no shampoo. My hair was dirty and now it does feel like its clean. Its got that smooth, clean yet not too dry feel to it. I'm still smelling the Aussie too, its not bad at all :)

My hair also feels light and not weighed down. Its like its fluffy but not frizzy.

Now I did read some reviews on here that said after a few weeks the V05 KLS C might not work as well but if that happens you all have given me enough ideas so far that I won't have to worry too much. I'm thinking that if that happens I might try the Herbal Essences Fruit Fusions that LisaJaney suggested. Unless I go to another store that has the other stuff. We do have Whole Foods in my area, just a bit of a drive at the moment. I'll eventually get to it and see what they have. Or call first like Teacherbear said.

Worst case senario, I can buy a lot of these products through Amazon.com which is the only site I can buy anything from because I have gift certificates.

I will get a picture of me as soon as possible.

I just realized that this is the first time in a long time that I could have come out of the shower and put my hair in a tail right away without much fussing. My hair isn't frizzing all over the place like it normally would if I had to comb it.

Here is my routine once again.
  1. V05 KLS Clarifying Conditioner - CO - First step
  2. V05 KLS Clarifying Conditioner - CO - Second step
  3. Aussie 3MM - Third step
  4. Aussie Knot Forgotten - Fourth step

I think I'm going to only use the 3MM once in a while so some times Step 3 will get skipped. At least that's what I'm thinking at this moment. Too early to make any firm decisions.

I'm very happy so far :sun:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
8 Hours Later

Its been 8 hours since and yes my scalp has tingled a little bit but it doesn't bother me. I also wanted to say that My hair feels so light that I can't even tell I have hair. My hair is at least BS length if I wore one and the weight of it is not being felt at the moment.

I'm just hoping that this routine works out because I like how it is at the moment. Guess I'll have to see how it is the next day, etc. I don't wash very often. That's why I decided to try the clarifying conditioner.

I also want to add that I asked my brother when I was at his house today, and he said my hair looked even from the trim :tup:

Pictures of My Routines - Old & New 3/27/04

Hope you didn't get your hopes up, but this isn't pictures of me doing anything ;)
These are pictures of my old products and tools and then my new products and tools. New doesn't necessarily mean brand new, just that its included in the new routine or at least allowed to be ;)

Old Tools ~~~~~~~ Old Products

New Tools ~~~~~~~ New Products

Phillips Classic 1 All Boar Cushion Brush - I paid $9
(Both of these links go to the same page, I put both in case someone has trouble with one.)
http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product ... %5Fid=1740
http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product ... Fid=896391

My old wide tooth comb in the pictures was thrown out because I messed it up trying to remove the big seams. I now have 2 of these Conair / Jilbere combs which I love even better and they barely had seams. They easily came off by lightly scraping with a sharp knife. I used an exacto.

Jilbere de Paris Mini Pastel Comb - I paid .99 cents each
http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product ... Fid=345647

Changing My Goal Length 3/30/04

I've decided that in order for me to keep my mind on having nice hair and not just aiming for maximum growth I'm gonna set a short term goal of 36 inches. I don't know where that will be on me but 36 is my favorite number. I'm at 29.5 now so this would be a good way to test if I get more than 6 inches in one year.

My ultimate goal is at least waist length and if I can stand it being at sitting on length I'll grow longer.

Ok this is funny, I just got up and measured and my waist is about 36-37 inches from my forehead. I guess 36 is a good number after all.

~ My Journal ~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~ My Hair Care Articles ~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~ PurpleBubba's Cosmetology School Journey ~

I grew my hair to 36" and kept it there for a few years and in May 2013 I stopped at a salon to get a trim and let them do "6 or a comb length. Then I came home and made some salon friends from a bunch of salons on Facebook and a few days later I went to a salon called Tangles in Lake Orion, MI and my friend there Kristy did this braid for me so I could go to my co-worker friend Jen's home sold catalog product party.
Tangles Salon - FB page

PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba

27 May 2004, 00:49 #2

PurpleBubba's Periodical Prose of Ponderings (2a/F-M/ii)

June 2004 Entries

Routine & CO Wash Update - 10.5 Wash / Week - 6/02/04

Warning: Bubba could break out into a pondering at any moment. Be prepared to be taken on a ride. Please keep your hands inside the car at all times and your safety belts fastened. We are not responsible for injury or loss of property while reading this entry.
Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

purplebubba on May 26th wrote:While I was at Save-A-Lot grocery store today I grabbed a 32 oz bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar. I haven't used it yet but I couldn't resist. I don't remember the price but since I got it there it was cheaper. Still not sure when I'll use it. Maybe I'll save my vinegar rinses for the wash that is after I use my Aussie products. This Friday will be my 10th week of washing and since 10 weeks used to be report card time in school I think That might be a good time to start my routine back from the beginning again and use my 3 Minute Miracle. I think once every 10 weeks is a good amount of time between cones.
I think for Friday I'll do White Rain EB for the first step but use it like a shampoo, where I apply, lather up, and rinse. Then I'll use the 3 MM as a second step. I'm not sure if I'll use it for only 3-4 minutes like last time or if I'll go longer. I'll be using a plastic bag cap this time.
Then next Tuesday I'll do a normal CO with V05 Kiwi Lime since it's clarifying and then finish with the vinegar rinse then.

Everything went according to plan. I did my Tuesday CO today at about 6:30 PM which is later than I like it but I didn't mind since I was happy to be sticking with my routine. I did my normal CO application of 2 steps with V05 Kiwi Lime and then I finished with an ACV rinse and then a Cold water rinse. I mean as in I turned the hot water off. I've been doing that anyway lately, just wanted to say so.

I'm happy with the results so far. It was my first ACV rinse and my second Vinegar. I have to get used to the vinegar getting in my mouth. Reminds me of eating salt & vinegar chips. Which I have done. They aren't my favorite but I have eaten them before when they were in the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Broken Hairs / Trophies

I'm a bit mad at myself, just a tiny bit. I went downstairs to bring mom's laundry up and when I went to grab the basket handles and then lift up I accidently grabbed a few hairs with my hand and pinched them against the basket and then when I picked my head up I heard snap. It felt like about 3 hairs or so got yanked. No big loss. They'll just blend in with the rest of my broken hairs :)

Besides as I said before they wouldn't have gotten broken if I hadn't grown my hair that long.

I originally posted this in response to Ava's Hair Breaking Thread in regards to her shorter, possibly broken hairs.

"You know I'm thinking about how to turn this into a positive and it just popped into my head that maybe it's good for us to all have some shorter hairs whether they are broken or just new. I know they can be a pain but I think it gives us another reason to love & care for our hair a little more. It also helps give us more goals which might help to take some of the focus off of just trying to reach a certain length.

I posted in my Changing My Goal thread and in my journal earlier about wanting to get my hair to be kinda even at 30 inches as I'm going towards my current goal of 36" / waist. I know I have a lot of splits that are up higher than my current 29.5 inches of hair. So hopefully I can get those to 30" and trimmed before I get the rest of my hair to 36". Does that make sense?

Here's a big hug for you sister and I hope you find a better routine to help turn the tide. Don't let those broken hairs get you too down. Consider them like trophies. You wouldn't have gotten those if you didn't let them get long first. That means you can get them long again.

Here's some waves for you ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ we'll get you through this."

So with that being said, I'm happy to earn a few more trophies. At least these were earned and not created by my vent brushing on wet hair.

PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba

02 Jun 2004, 09:53 #3

April 2004 Entries

Routine Continued - Second CO Wash - 4/03/04

I washed my hair again friday morning with just the V05 this time.

So far my hair is still feeling and looking good. The V05 does make
your scalp tingle.

This time I applied a bunch of it all over and then sat down for about
10 minutes (no cap or bag) since I wasn't going to use the 3MM this time. Then I rinsed
it and reapplied and then rinsed again without waiting. I think it
cleaned my hair pretty well again. My hair felt like it was clean yet it
felt smooth. I did rinse with cool water as a last step.

I don't know if not using the Aussie products made a difference or not.
Next time I'll see if I had to deal with more tangles and then decide
if I need the other stuff.

Its now 17 hours later and it still feels good.
I'll probably continue to use just the V05 unless something changes.

This is the Ingredients of V05 KLS Clarifying Conditioner.

Water, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, stearalkonium chloride, rosemary leaf extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) extract, citrus aurantifola (lime), hydrolyzed collagen, ergocalciferol (Vitamin D), steareth-21, glyceryl stearate, benzophenone-4, corn oil, propylene glycol, disodium edta, dmdm hydantioin, fragrance, blue 1, yellow 5

To Brush or Not to Brush, that is the question - 4/06/04

I just don't know. I've gone from a routine that involved torturing and ripping my hair to one that I thought was good for it. But dummy me had to go being nosey and I stumbled across a poll about brushing. It seems like half the people don't brush at all. I of all people know that nothing is one size fits all with hair care. I just felt the need to vent a little cuz it came as quite a shock to see that. I guess what really makes me mad is I'm still upset over Mom not actually wanting the brush I got for her. She asked me if I had a BBB and I didn't so when I got mine I got one for her too and then she didn't really want it. Now there's a chance that BBBing could damage my hair?

Maybe I should go back to using the plastic vent brush with the balls worn down. Not!!!

Ok enough about that. For the time being I'm not changing my routine. Its only been 2 weeks and I haven't even tried any oils yet.

Maybe what I need is to find out if people with my hair type use BBB. That would be better than assuming it isn't good for me without having a better idea. So I'm gonna post this entry and then start a thread to ask my hair twins if they brush. Then I'll come back here and edit in the thread link.

My Sleep Tail Picture - 4/09/04

On March 26th I started wearing my hair to bed this way. This was right after I trimmed my own hair using Feye's Slight U. Before this I wore my hair loose for almost 28 years, although my hair has only been long for about 9.

I use my covered elastics. I put one on at the nape and then carefully slide it down to the bottom position about 2/3 of the way down. Then I put another at the nape and slide it down to the top position 1/3 of the way down. I have not had any tangles from sleeping since I started doing this.

Here is a picture of my

"Sleep Tail"

Routine & CO Wash Update - 4/11/04

I have decided that for the time being Friday mornings are going to be my wash day. I washed my hair for the third week / time using CO.

I used the V05 and Aussie products the first week but the second and third week I only used my V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Conditioner. Just like last week I applied it all over, lightly massaged / scrubbed. I then sat down in the water for about ten minutes or so. Almost fell asleep too. Good thing I'm too big to fall over into the water.

So after that I rinsed it and reapplied it and rinsed right away. Its been about 40 hours since and my hair is about 1/2 and 1/2 clean and oily. As I said before in a post, oily and dirty hair never bothered me before when I was lazy so its not making me want to stop. I am going to continue using the V05 CO until it does something to really make me stop. I want to see if I can get my scalp to adjust and I like the way this product cleans and softens my hair.

I chose friday mornings because I like to wash my hair right before I go to the LHC chat. It wakes me up and helps me have something nice to talk about. Lately I've probably sounded like I'm bragging and I hope no one thinks that I am on purpose. I'm still really scared that this won't work out because I really do like this product. I don't have much to base it on other than it being better than me washing with just shampoo for 6 years. I'm very thankful that if this doesn't work that I have that wonderful list of other products above that these great people have suggested. Its nice to have those ideas in reserve just in case.

Ponderings I had On 4/11/04

My Views On Stylists

I think I better clarify myself before I give too much of a negative view of stylists myself. I have never personally been to a stylist who did anything wrong, that I am aware of. I have been to many many salons. From late 97 to late 00 I must have went to at least 20-25 different salons just to see what they were like. And some other reasons that you might find if you read my journal. I'm not going to go into details about salons from childhood because those haircuts weren't my choice anyway. My first haircut by choice was in april of 1994. I had just turned 18 and I thought I would try a new approach to get my parents to shut up about my long hair. At that time my hair was around 8 inches long (Measured a strand not the LHC way). It had been growing out since the previous June. I had to walk to the Post Office anyway to sign up for selective service or whatever its called so I decided to get my haircut at the same time. My thinking was that,

1. I will get a haircut of My choice.
2. Perhaps if I get a haircut on my own they'll expect it later on when I grow out again and won't complain so much.
3. I wanted to do something to show that I was in fact an adult now.

So I went to the salon on my own and got my hair cut to 3-3 1/2 inches long. I asked the stylist to feather the back to make it blend and not look blunt. I don't like my hair looking freshly cut. Although going from 8 to 3 inches wasn't going to be hidden. I enjoyed the experience. The stylist, named Tina was very nice. She didn't tease me or anything like that. I think my haircut did work the way I wanted it too. Even though my Mom still makes comments once in awhile she knows she doesn't have the power over me anymore. Ok here's where I need to go back and edit my journal and some other places. I've been saying that I grew my hair out from April of 1994 until sometime in 96 but actually recently I remembered that I did not get that first trim until after August of 97 because it was after a trip I took to visit lighthouses in Michigan. I was going to get that first trim on the trip but I decided not too. A few weeks or months later I went for a drive up to the river about an hour north of Detroit. I planned to stop along the way and get my trim. My plan all along was to go to a small town salon instead of something in the city. I don't know exactly why I wanted to do that but I did. Unfortunately due to those 3 years of growing out those feathered ends without a trim, My ends were very uneven lengths. I had only wanted 1/2 inch off but the stylist pointed out that my hair was really uneven. I had never noticed that because I just wanted long hair, I didn't pay attention to what the ends looked like. So I agreed to let her even up my hair and I lost anywhere from 3-6 inches. I really didn't mind because it wasn't like she did it without asking me. My mom never mentioned my haircut that week. The following week I went to another place and got a 1/2 inch trim. Still no comment from Mom. I went 2 more weeks and 2 more trims before finally she made a comment, "who's the girlfriend you've been seeing who's cutting your hair?" So I dropped back to every 6-8 weeks getting 1/2 inch trims at a different salon each time. I don't think any of them ever took more than 1/2 or 3/4 off. I wasn't picky so I didn't watch like a hawk. But it felt like they were doing it right. What amazed me is how different stylists would use different techniques to do the same 1/2 inch trim. Some would let my hair hang down and trim it all at once without sectioning and others would pin up a few sections and others would pin up more. My hair is fine - medium and my ponytail is 2.5 - 3 inches so I'm kinda average. I wish I would have kept a record of the stylists' names that I visited because they were all friendly. Yes I did get some comments like, "are you gonna cut it off" but I think those were from other people or stylists in the salon. I would love to be able to recommend those stylists here at LHC and online but since its been at least 4 years I can't say for sure if they work at those same salons even if I did have their names. I also want to add that I went to small town, big city, chains, and everything in between. The only kind I didn't try were barber shops and of course I didn't try any GM salons because they aren't near Detroit. The furthest salon from my home that I visited was a Great Clips in Duluth, MN on my lighthouse trip in 1999. I was going to meet an online Sister & her family in a day or so after that so I wanted to freshen up. My point is that there are some really great stylists out there who deserve a chance to meet you and give you what you really want. Its just a shame that many of us have those bad experiences before we are lucky enough to meet those good stylists. Or some of us have good stylists who move away. The best way to find a good Stylist, and not just a salon, is to do consultations with individual stylists and do like Teacherbear says, tell them what you want and what you don't want and what you will not stand for. Bring notes with you. Sometimes you can't think when you get there so having your thoughts written out will help you. I know I've always been nervous when I'm sitting in a stylist's chair and she asks me what I want and I'm staring at the scissors, and other stuff as well as all the sights and sounds of other people getting haircuts. Some of that comes from growing up and being asked by the stylist yet I couldn't answer because I didn't have a say. I had to wait for my parents to tell them. This is why my salon will have a seperate consultation area that will feel more like a living room than a salon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponderings About Suave

I've been reading a lot of old posts and journals and it almost seems to me like people who have tried Suave products for their CO washes have either not liked them right away or complained about greasy hair after a few tries. I am wondering if this really is the case and perhaps a poll could clear this up?
I'd love some opinions on this (especially from the Suave users) before I go making a really big issue out of something that may not be true. In other words I could be wrong.

Ponderings About Wavy Hair Types 4/14/04

I posted this as part of a reply earlier so I thought I'd put it here to remember.

"I was talking this over with a sister earlier who was wondering about her hair type and we both got confused by what our wavy hair is really.

I think we came to the conclusion that with wavy hair it's hard to pick a certain type because everyday our hair can be a different amount of wavy depending on the humidity or the temperature as well as whether or not you slept with your hair in such a way that it got stuck in a certain way and was curled or waved because of it.

So we decided that we are going to use 2b or just plain wavy hair and then depending on the day and situation it can be 2a or 2c or somthing else.

Does that make sense? I'm still listing myself as 2a because my hair is usually just enough wavey to be called wavy and not straight but I might change to 2b."

Or maybe we'll come up with something better. I love Fia's system and its very close to perfect. It's just that sometimes I see people post that their hair has waves yet they are posting in the 1's and I get confused as to whether I'm supposed to be in the ones. Wanna know what kind of waves I have? I don't have tight S waves but I do have these ~

Changing My Goal Length 4/18/04

I don't know if my hair has reached 30" again like some of it was before my trim so I think my "short short" term goal will be to try to get all my hair to at least 30 inches. I'm not sure yet if I'll change my goal in my signature but I do want to get my hair a little more even so that if I do use the slight U again it will look more like it. Besides I do still have some splits further up from my ends so I should try some S&D soon. At the moment they aren't popping out at me because this CO (V05 Kiwi Lime Cond) routine seems to keep my hair calm. I wish it did that for everyone :)

I think I'm gonna hold off on measuring my hair for now because I'm not afraid to grab scissors when it comes to my hair and I don't want to be giving myself any permission to trim earlier than I need to by rationalizing it. Meaning if I measured my hair right now and it said over 30" I might be tempted to trim it to 30 even. I think if I'm going to do something like that I'll wait until after a month has gone by since March 26th.

Anyway I might not change my signature so this is just a "Pondering" for now LOL

How I Chose My Screen Names 4/18/04

Several people have asked me this question recently. There was a similar thread on the old Shawnee LHC boards so I googled and finally found what I had written back then. I have made several additions to this today. This will be more like an online history than just an ID explanation. But you are my family and since I was asked here is the info.

First lets start with Bubba.
My first and middle name are Robert Joseph so my family used to call me Bobby Joe or Bubba Joe.

I never went by Bubba outside of home until I got my first job in 1995 age 19. When the foreman called to tell me I was hired my mom answered the phone and called out "Hey Bubba, Phone for you". Well the foreman started calling me Bubba one day and I didn't know it was because of my mom. My brother was working at the same place and so I thought it was him that told the boss I was Bubba. I found out a while later that it was because of the phone call. Since two of my bosses and one other person at work also were named Robert I stuck with being called Bubba. It was a refreshing change from being the Robert that no one knew in High School except for the bullies and jerks. (Oddly enough even though I hated school I am the creator / moderator of the only Yahoo Group for my High School, "Go Shamrocks, Go Green & White" ;) :P
It's not easy being Green but it helps to have a Purple :pheart: )

When I first got online in 98 I used b_bubba for my ID on Yahoo and still do. In Feb / March 98 I started going to Homearts chat that was run by Hearst Magazines. I was thinking that since they have so many womens magazines that it would be more women but it turned out to be 60 / 40 or even closer to 50 / 50 M - F. I met a lady named Cheryl aka Clouddancer at that chat and we became kinda like online brother / sister. My favorite color was Green and hers was Purple. She called me her Purple Brother and I called her my Green sister. During that time period I signed up for a few different email accounts and I used different ID's for each one. I used GreenBubba, PurpleBubba, and since everyone in chat kept telling me how sweet I was I even used SweetRBubba which is Sweeter Bubba but also since my name is Robert it was using my first initial. After a few months the chat crashed and when it came back I couldn't just use Bubba like I had been so I started using AngelBubba in chat. I really miss using that ID as I haven't used that since 98. I was offline from Jan 99 - May 99 due to a step dad who claimed to be my dictator and since I didn't feel like arguing with him I just stayed away from His computer for awhile to shut him up. My Mom threw him out in May 99 so I used his computer for a few days before he took it. Then in June I bought my own computer which I'm still using. When I got back online not only was the chat gone but a lady I had met from online in real life who lived just across the river in Windsor, Ontario (I'm just north of Detroit, MI) had passed away from pneumonia / heart attack. I was not happy about that. Peacherose was her name and she was so helpful to me in breaking out of my shyness. When we would chat we would say "Bubba goes to the window and waves ~~~~~~~~ to Peacherose" since its only like 5 miles. I made a page about her but its been deleted by Angelfire so I have to remake it.

Since the chat room was gone I had to find something else to do so I made a Lighthouse Club on Yahoo in Oct 99. For the next few months I was running the club with the help of some co-moderators. During this time I started looking into hair care sites and clubs but I was very shy about it so when I did join a club or site I used PurpleBubba as an alias of b_bubba my main Yahoo. I did that because I didn't feel comfortable with people knowing I was into hair care at the time. In June of 2000 I made my own Yahoo Club called Long Hair Care and invited some people from other hair care clubs that weren't answering their questions. Soon after I asked the ladies if there was anything I could do to make them feel more comfortable posting and such and after the discussion I made the club unlisted. When Yahoo acquired Egroups they annouced that they would merge clubs into the new groups format so prior to them making the change I made a new Yahoo Group called Long_Hair_Care_Too. This time I made one that has new members on pending until they read the rules and post on a seperate group that they have read and agreed to them. Yes that is a bit extreme but I made a promise to those ladies to do my best to keep them safe and I'm not gonna break it. But the new group means that people can find it and decide for themselves if they want to belong. Before that I had to invite people to the unlisted club and of the 300+ members 90% were invited by me. I ran out of places to invite from. Its a shame the old club had to be unlisted because it was just as nice and active as LHC is but no one could find it without an invite. The new group is active but no where near the old level because people have had a hard time adjusting to the new Groups format. That combined with me being offline for 11 months. I was saving the old unlisted club for archives but yahoo deleted that while I was away.

Anyway, I have been using those two ID's regularly ever since. Although now since I had to use a new account I have added 3636 to the ends of them b_bubba3636 & PurpleBubba3636 since 36 is my favorite number.

In case you were wondering, Homearts chat / Hearst magazines became Women.com soon afterward and they have been since acquired by Ivillage.

I feel I need to include some more information about why I continue to use PurpleBubba. Its no longer just a matter of using it because of someone else's favorite color. To me it represents me. The Purple Heart is the medal given to soldiers who have been wounded inbattle but who survived those wounds. My own granfather received this medal for WWII. I never got to ask him about it since he died when I was 13. So since this is the medal for being wounded I got to thinking about how I'm so shy and have been picked on my whole childhood life so I started to think that maybe Purple Hearts were real. I mean the heart is a muscle and if wounded it may get a scar but like other muscles when it heals it heals stronger. This is similar to the old "Sticks and Stones" motto. So to me Purple became more than just a color. I am a Purple Person. But I'm not the only one. So my mission in life is to find the other Purple Hearts and Purple People so I can let them know they are not alone. We are the majority but since we usually have been wounded so many times we are usually the quiet ones. But you don't have to be wounded to be a purple person. Good Hearts also qualify ;) I was going to write some more but its time for bed :( I'll finish this here in my journal when I get a chance.

Routine & CO Wash Update - 4th Wash / Week (4/21/04)

It's now been about 5 days since my 4th CO in 4 weeks. I meant to post about this earlier but for some reason I just keep putting it off. But that's ok because since I did wait so long I can tell about how my hair feels today.

To start off let me say that this week's weather has been really up and down.

Saturday it was warm enough for my head to sweat for the first time since before winter (aside from any sweating that may have happened while sleeping)

Sunday it was even warmer, in the 80's.

Monday nature decided to laugh at us. You can't go that warm in Michigan without something else coming to even things out. So all day Monday it was windy.

Yesterday was just a blah day and today its rainy and damp out.

Now keep in mind that I've only been outside a few times in that period.

Ok now that we got that out of the way, I like the way my hair feels today. I don't really have any complaints. Not that I have before. When I run my fingers over my hair it feels smooth but not greasy. Maybe this is because I've distributed sebum to the length a bit more. I haven't been BBB as often as I was. I was only doing it before bed but a few times lately I've just used my red detangling comb. Then I put my hair in the usual "sleep tail"
I'm still loving what that tail is doing for my lack of tangles.

Overall I'm happy with my routine. My scalp is no longer tingling after using the V05 Kiwi Lime Conditioner. I'm wondering if maybe my scalp is adjusting to it or something. Hopefully its not because it killed nerves LOL

I'm still not sure if I'll use the Aussie products again. I do like the way the Knot Forgotten worked on the manikin hair. I can't believe how soft and easy to comb it made their hair. I'm not against using them on my hair, I'm just waiting to see how well the V05 works after a longer period of time. I mean I did go through a period of 5-6 years of no conditioner so its hard for me to tell if my hair is in bad shape now with only using conditioners. As I said I like my hair so unless that changes I don't see the need to overcondition.

I never really looked at my hair before. When my hair changed from that yellow color to this light - medium brown color I wasn't really paying much attention. I think what helps me notice now is that I can hold my hair in front of me and really look at it. I can hold my tail in front of me and see all the different colors that are there. I can see my waves. I really like my waves. They aren't too curly or wavy but they aren't straight neither.

I like the colors. While most of my hair is the lighter brown color I do see some strands of really dark hair that might even be black. I like how the light brown strands have just a hint of golden shine on them.

I really liked how my hair looked in that 2000 picture. I'm not sure if that's how the real picture looked because that was scanned by my flatbed but I do like that red color. I don't think I'd ever dye my hair that color though because I'd rather have my hair this color naturally and have it give off that tone naturally like that. I guess I'm just not wanting to dye my hair at all. Back in school I seriously considered having a few green or purple streaks but that was just something to add to conversation when people would ask me about it. Not that I wouldn't do that someday. But right now I'm really enjoying my hair the way it is so I'm not ready for a change.

I just wanted to say to those of you who have been reading this that I really do appreciate it. Please feel free to subscribe to my journal if you wish. I hope you don't mind my random thoughts though ;) Also please feel free to PM me about anything you see or read here. My journal is as much for you as it is for me. Enjoy and have youself a nice day and remember to smile everday :)

Routine & CO Wash Update - 5th Wash / Week (4/24/04)

I have now done my 5th CO wash for the 5th friday in a row.

I'm happy to report that everything seems good and normal as it has been.

I'm beggining to think that I'm actually leaving the condioner on a lot longer than 10 minutes.

I think that for the past 3 washes I've been a lot closer to 20 minutes or more.

In week 2 I just sat in the water for what seemed like 10 minutes.

Week 3 I sat for what seemed like 10 minutes but I was also very sleepy so I may have slept a few minutes too.

Last week I took a cup of coffee in with me and I had my radio on in my bedroom. I think I had the conditioner on for around 15 minutes because I was using the songs as a timer. I just figure each song is about 3 minutes. But there were some commercials and news stuff in that time so it threw my timing off.

This week was just like last week only this time I brought a small radio into the bathroom. The conditioner was on my hair for about 5 songs and the ad / news break so it was close to 20 minutes or more.

I think next week I'm gonna finally try using a bag or some plastic wrap.
In week one I did the 3MM for 4 minutes with just a tail piled on my head.

Weeks 2 & 3 I piled the tail again but last week (4) and this week (5) I used a claw clip to hold the clip the tail to the top of my head.

But I tried something today that made me want to try the bag or plastic. I put my hands on my head for a few seconds and I liked the way the warmth of my hands felt on my hair. I also liked my hair being pressed down to my scalp a little better. I think it needs more warmth. Ok that sounds a little weird and I'm not trying to sound weird there. I just think the warmth is better so I want to try it.

I have had a deep conditioner under a hood dryer before so I know what it's like.

I do have a portable hood dryer so I may add some under hood DCon's to my routine eventually.

I guess I've just decided that I'm dead serious about taking care of my hair now and even though I may make a few mistakes now and then I'm gonna at least make the effort. I look back at my first entry and all I see is the me I don't want to be. So I'm not gonna be him no more :thumbsup:

I also did an experiment after my wash. I timed how long it took for my hair to air dry. I got out of the shower at about 4:50 pm and my hair was dry by 6:20 pm so it looks like my estimate of about 2.5 hours was right. My hair was down the whole time and most of the time I had it all behind my back.

A few hours ago I began trying to file down the seams on my pink wide tooth comb. I ended up taking out my exacto knife set and attempted to scrap / cut the seams off. It works a lot better than filing but I just hope I didn't cause more problems than I fixed by leaving unknown gauges in the teeth. Oh well I guess if it is messed up it will give me a reason to get a new one :)

My Hair's Color

I was going to take the picture outside but I couldn't get it because
of the darn sun so this is as close to natural color as I can get.

PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba

02 Jun 2004, 09:54 #4

May 2004 Entries

Routine & CO Wash Update - 6th Wash / Week (5/01/04)

I have now done my 6th CO wash for the 6th friday in a row.

Unlike the last few weeks I'm writing this entry right after I got out of the shower so my hair is still wet as I type. (Ok I was when I started but I am now actually finishing it 11 hours later, but what else is new?)

I added something to today's wash that I have never done before. I used a Vinegar Rinse, but it was White Vinegar. I was just finishing my second rinse of V05 when I just decided to ask Mom to get me some vinegar. I told her to get me 1/3 cup and then I added about a cup of water to it.

I really liked how my hair felt as I was pouring it on. It's like you can feel your hair getting softer even though it's soaking wet. It feels like your hair is taking a drink after being thirsty. It's been about an hour now and my hair is half dry and so far it feels great. I said in chat that it feels light and fluffy but not the frizzy fluffy. I think meant it was soft though. I think I'm going to continue ACV or WV rinses. Maybe not every week but probably every two weeks.

April24th wrote: I think next week I'm gonna finally try using a bag or some plastic wrap......But I tried something today that made me want to try the bag or plastic. I put my hands on my head for a few seconds and I liked the way the warmth of my hands felt on my hair. I also liked my hair being pressed down to my scalp a little better. I think it needs more warmth. Ok that sounds a little weird and I'm not trying to sound weird there. I just think the warmth is better so I want to try it.

This week I also used a plastic bag as a cap with my first application of V05 today. I got it on as tight as I could, without hurting of course and then I twisted the excess bag and used my claw clip on that instead of on my hair. It took me about 5 tries to get the cap just right but I did get it where I liked it and then I sat for my usual 15-20 minutes. I think I've learned how to tell when I have sat long enough. I usually use at least 3-4 large globs of conditioner for my first step and you can tell the hair is coated and "slimey" when you do that. But after I let it sit for 15-20 minutes you won't see the conditioner anymore, you just see wet hair. I think that's a good clue as to if it's ready. It might even take less time for that but I've just been going for 15-20. I just feel better when I give it that long. For all I know I could get the same results with just an application and rinse right away but what's the fun in that? ;)

I wish more people were having as much luck as I am with the V05.
Part of me wonders if I'm really getting the good results that I think I am? :ponder: I love the results I get. I don't know if they are really good for me and my hair but I like them. I wonder if maybe the V05 Kiwi Lime isn't meant to be mixed with other stuff? I don't use any other stuff so I don't know what it's like to use it on jojoba'd hair or how it works?

I'm happy (about the only thing I'm happy about at the moment) to report (11 hours later) that everything seems good and normal as it has been. Wish the rest of my day could have been as nice. Oh well such is my life, I can't have good without bad. I'm like a roller coaster of ups and downs and twists and turns. Maybe I'm hanging now?

White Rain Extra Body Conditioner

The other day when I was at Save A Lot with mom I saw that they had the White Rain E.B.C. for 99 cents.

I wanted to grab some so bad but She caught me picking up the bottle and just had to open her mouth. She say's "That's a good shampoo"

I wasn't even grabbing the shampoo, it was the conditioner, and frankly just the thought of her being involved in any way with my routine turns me off. :tdown:

So I left it alone. This is the same person who told me on sunday that I could have the $3 change from going and getting dinner but I wasn't to buy anything Beauty Shoppy with it. :cry: Gosh I hope I used my $3 and not hers to buy my Wide Tooth combs at Sally yesterday.

But the White Rain is always cheap somewhere. That will be the next conditioner that I try when my V05 Kiwi Lime runs out.

But when I buy it, it will be because other people have recommended it and not because Mom likes it. If she liked it so much why didn't she grab a bottle? With all the talk she's had about her shampoos lately.

I will porobably change my routine to washing first with the V05 and leaving that on as the deep conditioner and then do my second application with W.R.

But that could change too. I reall do want to try it and my V05 is about one or two washes from empty.

I'm still not having any problems that I know of with the V05 but I wouldn't mind trying something else just to see if I'm actually getting the results that I think I am.

Dusting

The other day I was laying in bed with my hair in my Sleep Tail. I had the tail in front of me and I was looking at it. I then twisted the very bottom portion below the second elastic, about 3-4 inches and saw how the little splits popped up. So I decided that sooner or later I would try that again with just that portion and then nip those splits.
So I believe it was thursday day time that I decided to give it a try. First I twisted the whole tail end one way and snipped splits then I decided to split the tail end into 3 sections. I then did each section twisting them in both directions and snipping. Then I took the whole end and twisted it the opposite direction from earlier and nipped a few more.

It wasn't an all over dusting but it was better than what I had before. :tup:

Routine - I Went Shopping - I Got 99% More For Free 5/06/04

I had to go grocery shopping yesterday. I have been wanting to get some White Rain Extra Body conditioner for a while now. I'm actually glad I didn't get it when I was with my Mom at Save-A-Lot a while ago. I saved money by waiting.

First I was in the grocery store and I looked to see if they had the WR but they didn't. However My V05 Kiwi Lime is down to about 1-2 inches left in the bottle and I saw that they had a 33% more free bottle 20 oz. for $1.29 which isn't a complete bargain but considering it was a local chain of only 4 stores it wasn't a bad price. Besides the 33% more and bigger bottle just grabbed me so I grabbed it back. :thumbsup:

I still wanted the WR EB so after I dropped off Grandma's groceries I drove up to Wal Mart. They not only had it like they usually do but they had it in 33% more free bottles also 19.5 oz for 78 cents each. I grabbed 2 bottles because even if I don't like it I could swap it or just give it away. So that's where the part about not getting it last time comes into play. It was regular sized bottles for 99 cents at Save-A-Lot. Guess it's a good thing mom opened her mouth after all and stopped me from buying it then. LOL

So as I was about to title my post I thought hey, I got 99% free. B)

Now I just have to figure out what to do with them.

I think I would rather try using them seperately because I don't think you can give products a fair test by using them in combination with other products. Therefore I think I will alternate somehow or maybe since it's warming up I'll do 2 CO per week and use them on different days. I want to try the WR asap so I'll do that with my next CO which no longer has to be fridays. So perhaps tomorrow or in a few hours since it's 5:30 am right now LOL.

I guess I just like nightime better. I've always been a quiet person so being up at night lets me do things without lots of noise and distraction.

Anyway, I've had a crummy week so at least something went right.

Routine & CO Wash Update - 7th Wash / Week - 5/13/04

As usual I'm posting this way late. 6 days later to be precise. I figured I had better post this before tomorrow since tomorrow is a wash day and I really should give an update on the last one before I do another.

Here goes. Last Friday I did my CO wash as I normally have been except that for the first time I did not use V05 Kiwi Lime. I instead used White Rain Extra Body for the first time. I have to say that I did like the results. I was expecting good results because I hadn't seen anyone give the White Rain a bad review. So :thumbsup:

I was planning to start doing 2 CO's per week and alternating conditioners but those plans didn't work out this week. That means that once again I'll have gone a whole week and do my usual Friday wash tomorrow. Since I did plan to alternate I will probably use the V05 tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I went out and bought another spray bottle. In response to someone asking about Leave-In conditioners I decided to give the White Rain EB a try as a Leave-In since it's so thin and cone free (as far as I'm aware of?)

I filled the bottle almost to the top with water and then filled it the rest of the way with the White Rain. I then sprayed my hair with it. I don't really have experience with this so I don't know if this is good or bad? I like how my hair feels and I figured since tomorrow is wash day it won't hurt to try it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will start using Jojoba Oil as soon as it arrives. I ordered some from Amazon / Vitamin Shoppe. I decided to order it since even though I paid shipping, I would have spent those extra few dollars on gas anyway because the stores that have the good stuff are 20 mile round trips. Or searching for closer ones would have cost the same in gas. Anyway when it gets here I'll start using it. I'll probably use it similar to the way Charlyee uses hers because she has a similar hair type and she has been helping me chose the oil anyway :)
Thanks Sister.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really hope that this routine continues to work. With all the garbage I've had to deal with lately it's nice to have something that's going right even if it's not perfect.

On Tuesday I went out for another ride up the river with my dad. I had my hair in my usual ponytail. While we were riding along with the windows open I noticed that shorter hairs were blowing in my face and I assumed that they were broken pieces from my ponytails. So when I got home I put my hair in a ponytail again and then shook my head and tried to get those hairs to hang forward again. I did this because I was going to snip the splits if they were broken. But surprisingly most of them were not broken hairs at all but were new hairs. Not too surprising because I do know that it happens. I also saw a few hairs that are the really coarse type. Yeah it's not a big thing but I kind of like having them. As I said before any hair that isn't the same length as my longest hairs just gives me something else to do and have fun with. I'm looking forward to checking these hairs for splits and keeping them in shape.

I still have not done an official measuring since my March 26th measurement. I tried a few times but I wasn't satisfied with the numbers I was getting. I need to get a measuring tape that isn't metal.

I also need to do some S&D soon. Maybe I'll do that in a few minutes when I finish this entry. I'm not ready to do another Feye trim yet. I think my longest ends are still in good shape so a Feye trim would only make my hair shorter for no reason.

Thank you for reading. I appreciate it. :)

Routine & CO Wash Update - 8th Wash / Week - 5/15/04

Well unlike last week when I waited 6 days to post, this week I'm posting my update less than 24 hours later.

At about noon yesterday I did my CO with V05 Kiwi Lime.

This was a good test for the V05 because the night before I had sprayed my hair with the White Rain & water mist and I do think it was a bit too thick. Not that I can really tell yet. The rookie that I am LOL.

Anyway, I am happy with my results as usual. I didn't do anything different this time. Just my usual wet down, apply and bag / cap for 20 minutes and then rinse and re-apply and then rinse and then cold water rinse.

Gosh I can't believe it's been 8 weeks already. I did not do an S&D last night. So that is still on the agenda for soon.

I'm hoping that I'll actually do the 2 CO washes this coming week. Of course my Jojoba oil will be here in a few days so I'll be adding that.

Other than that not much to report. I still love my hair despite it's splits and breaks and such. :)

I got my Mojo, I mean Jojo - 5/16/04

The Jojoba Oil I ordered from Amazon / Vitamin Shoppe came today.

It's a 4 oz bottle of Vitamin Shoppe brand 100% pure J. O.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00012NDDI

About 5 minutes ago I put about a drop on my fingertip and then just put that on my ends.

I'm in the process of asking people how they use theirs and so far I've gotten some pretty interesting and good answers. I haven't asked here at LHC yet though. I'll do that soon. In the meantime if you are reading this and wish to PM me with how you use your Jojoba on your hair and if you use it on damp or dry hair feel free.

So lets see now,

My product line has gone from a bottle of Revlon Flexx Shampoo to now having

V05 Kiwi Lime conditioner
Jojoba Oil

and I still have both of the Aussies

Not quite a product junkie but I feel good. I think I've got just the right amount. Hopefully this will get me through the summer without having to change anything. I like being shampoo free. I enjoy the way CO is done.

I'd like to come up with a way to do it so that people who do other things because they don't have time for CO can do a CO in a hurry.

My mom is always telling me about how my Grandpa used to wash his hair with Ivory brand dish soap.

I'm trying to find the ingredients but all I've found so far is this at Walgreens.com

Ingredients
Biodegradable Anionic Surfactants , Biodegradable Nonionic Surfactants

and then it says No Phosphates.

ok now I found this on a gov site

Lauramide diethanolamine (DEA)
Sodium laureth sulfate
Citric acid
Tetrasodium EDTA
Sodium chloride
Fragrance/perfume(s)
Sodium lauryl sulfate
Cocamidopropyl betaine
DMDM Hydantoin
Water
Sodium sulfate

I guess that's not exactly a good shampoo LOL. That has 3 sulfates and DEA which was on the News the other day saying it can cause brain damage in mice. Glad he isn't using that no more. Although it sure would be nice if he was cuz then that would mean he'd be alive. Funny the song on the radio just mentioned someone going to see their grandpa LOL. The radio does that to me a lot. I think I'll save that for another entry. Already too many people thinking I'm creepy. Don't want them knowing about my psychic abilities too.......or do I?

Ah what the heck. Like it would make a difference? Who am I to change how they think LOL.

I guess this would be sort of the appropriate entry for this since I mentioned Mojo. Kinda like Mumbo Jumbo.

Ok I'll start this off by saying that psychic type powers do run in the family on my Mom's side. I don't know what kind but there have been family members with weird abilities.

Anyway. I have a psychic power but I can't control it and it really doesn't help anyone.

Before I go further I will say that this has happened at least 100 times since I started noticing it like 5 years ago. I was going to keep a journal of when it happened but didn't. Maybe now that I actually have a journal I'll use it.

I can think of a tv show or movie that hasn't been on in a long time and within the next few days it will be on tv. 100+ times is a lot for that to happen. But here's the problem. It's a casual thing. I can't just think of the show and make it come on. It has to be just something I think about or maybe I mention it in a conversation and not even thinking that it might be on tv because I thought of it.

I'll give the most recent example. Tuesday I was out with my dad and we were at an intersection waiting for the light. He saw a sign at the gas station that said Diesel here or something and said Vin is there or something like that and I said maybe he's making a movie and the gas station was called Marathon so I said maybe he's doing a remake of Marathon Man. I have never seen that movie. It was just me and my dad doing our usual weird humor bits.

The next day or maybe 2 days later I'm flipping through channels and guess what's on. That's right Marathon Man. No I didn't watch it :(

When I was in school in 00 / 01 I was talking to a fellow student and we were talking about the name Virginia because the school has that in the name. I don't remember if it was her or me but one of us mentioned Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf. Within the next two days it was on. Again another movie I'd never seen.

There was one time I was talking to my mom or someone about movies and somehow Dragnet with Dan Akroyd & Tom Hanks was mentioned or thought of. At the time it hadn't been on in a long time. It was on within the next few days.

There have also been times when I would think of a certain episode of a tv show and then later in the day or next day that episode would be on.
I just remembered one. I was thinking of the Full House wedding episode and it was on that day or the next. I'm pretty sure it was the same day.

I wish I could control it and choose what was gonna be on. But nope I can't just think "I want Ghostbusters to be on tomorrow" and have it happen. It's gotta be some sort of casual thought or conversation. Oh well I'll live with that. It's a nice surprise when it happens.

I don't know how or why this started happening.
All I know is that it happened enough times for me to start noticing it and since then it just keeps happening and we are talking less than a week ago it happened again so it's not going away.

Does that make me creepy? Or weird? It is harmless.
I suppose it would be pretty bad if I could think of things like plane crashes and they happened every time.
I think the TV thing is ok.

Ok now that I said all that, let's add in the radio thing. There have been several times that I have been Instant Messaging with my girlfriend and as the conversation progresses the song on the radio will reflect what I am feeling at the given moment. Not a big thing like the tv was but when you add that with the tv it kinda makes me think I must be in tune or something.

I think that calls for some Peacherose waves
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I suppose I should say this too while I'm saying the really weird stuff.
Speaking of waves, I am an avid great lakes ship lover and have been since about 1983 when we started vacationing along the river. I even thought of being a sailor on a ship when I was old enough. Just one problem. All my life when I've gotten around big lakes or bodies of water that you can't see across I've had queasy feelings. Especially when it's a gray day. It's like a phobia. Now I have been pretty much cured by the fact that I went on some boat rides on the bigger water with my dad and had enough to get me over that. However recently I began to wonder if maybe I was in a shipwreck in a past life? The Edmund Fitzgerald (Gordon Lightfoot song) sunk in November of 1975 and that was 4.5 months before I was born. I'll admit that's kinda weird to think about. But hey anything is possible. I could have been in a shipwreck on some ship 300 years ago for that matter. As I'm typing this the song by Uncle Kracker and Kenny Chesney is playing and it's talking about the sun going down over the water.........do do do do, do do do do.......you have entered the Bubba Zone.

Does that creep you out? I think maybe I should just be the actual creepy me and then people won't have to be creeped out by the things that I don't do that only exist in their minds.

Seriously folks, I'm harmless. I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs. Unless you count 28 years of second hand smoke and 4.5 years of breathing in dust and smoke and things at the gear making shop I worked at from 95 - 00.

I'm not on this Earth to be better than someone else. I'm here to be the best Me and the Me I'm supposed to be.

and like I said, the coaster train is on the up hill. I'm not looking back.

Post # 666 For Me

Earlier I noticed that I was getting close to 666 posts so I decided that I would try to remember to post #666 in my journal just to be safe ;).

So let's see what I have to say in it. LOL

Well for starters, I want to say how much happier life is by having this journal.

There are things that I have done since starting this journal that I probably would not have done by now otherwise. I mean as far as routines.

I bought new products and oil. I bought a BBB and a new wide tooth comb and made sure the seams were gone. I sleep with my hair secured yet still loose enough that it doesn't pull my hair. I've done 3 kinds of trimming (S&D, Feye's U, Twisting Dust)

I've also made a lot of new friends with this journal. Lots of nice people have read my journal and sent me nice comments or advice and it's really awesome. Just reading my journal is great of them but going that extra step is a real heart tugger. :)

Not much to report as far as hair today. My hair is down and not combed but that's ok. It's not all tangled. Nothing my fingers can't handle.

Eventually I want to get back into my writing or illustrating. Wonderlywroughte's drawings have inspired me to try drawing myself. I have done one drawing on paper since then but I'm having trouble getting it scanned properly.

Just Some Prose - 5/19/04

The last entry was a bit of a downer so I thought I'd post a good positive entry.

First my hair, I still am not fitting the 2 times a week into my CO routine. Oh well Maybe next week. My hair is not suffering because of it.

I did use some oil the other day. I did like someone suggested on the Loom and after i put my hair in my sleep tail I took a cotton ball with some Jojoba oil on it and just dabbed my tassle with it. Then I took what was left on the cotton ball and put it on the rest of my hair. I must say I liked how my hair looked when it was still "wet" with oil. It wasn't actually wet but it looked that way. I liked how my tassle kinda sperated into chunky strands as if I had just come out of the shower. Lets see that was May 15th that I got the oil and I tried it the next day so that would have been Sunday morning that I applied it and I have not done much to my hair since. My hair isn't exactly combed at the moment. But that's ok. Everytime I look my hair's doing something unexpected and cool. Like yesterday I was typing a post and I glanced at the hair that happened to be in front of my left shoulder and it was about 1-2 inch section and it was like twisted like a corkscrew loosely. It was like my hair was playing or something. It's kinda like the wavy hair said "Hey straight hair move over it's our turn to play." Anyway I like my oil. I didn't use my BBB with it yet because I want to get a another one first. I want to use one for natural oil and another for Jojoba. Don't know if that's really necessary but I feel like being picky for a change LOL. Thanks again to anyone who has helped me with Jojoba Oil related stuff. You know who you are :)

Now to the real reason I wanted to write. If anyone's been reading lately or knows me, I've not exactly had a great past few weeks. But making my decision to just remain focused and positive has helped me a lot. I went from a deep down to probably one of the best weeks I've ever had.

What really is amazing me is the number of people who are reaching out to me and letting me know they support me or appreciate what I've done. There are people I didn't even know I helped or comforted or maybe entertained LOL. Many have PM'd me or other contact to offer their thanks and to those who have, thank you very much. I hope you know how much that meant to me. I really did need you.
(New Kids On The Block's "Hanging Tough" just started playing on TV, told ya ;) :rockerdud next is Wang Chung's "Let's Go" Let's go cuz we can't hold back no more........)

One special person sent me a message out of the blue yesterday and really surprised me. It's not often you find people that are like looking in a mirror but this was one of those times. Of course I wouldn't mind looking in the mirror and seeing her hair on me LOL, very pretty. Then again I don't think I'd ever say hair wasn't pretty. Heck it could be full of mud and I would be able to see some beauty in that. Where's Louis Armstrong when you need him?

I will say that most people I have gotten to know are great people. Heck even the ones that might not like me have their good points and beauty. It's ok that they might not like me. I can still like them. It's just the way I am. My high school 10 year reunion is coming up soon and even though I hated school because of the jerks, I still plan to attend the reunion. Why? Because there's one special person who means a lot to me because I meant a lot to her.

Too bad it took a long time to find that out.

Here's the situation. In 9th grade I sat next to PJ in computer class. We didn't really know each other but back then The Flash was on TV and I used to like that show so I would change my screen's colors to red and yellow and she asked about it and I told her. We also helped each other with the classwork. We weren't friends but we got along. It was someone to talk to.

Fast forward to Senior Year near the end. I used to spend my lunch hours in the ceramics room since I had ceramics all year and the teachers let people come in to work on projects if they wanted to at lunch. I also did my other homework in there. Anyway the day we got our yearbooks we got them right before lunch and PJ just happened to be in the ceramics room that day. I looked through the yearbook and couldn't find my picture. PJ was on the yearbook committee or whatever it's called and she was upset. She felt bad about it. I didn't know just how bad.

So now we fast forward to September 3 2001. I was at that time and still am moderator of the only yahoo group for my high school. I was also listed on classmates.com. PJ joins the group and also sends me an email and says that she saw what i had written at Classmates about not really liking school etc and she starts out the letter by saying she felt the same. She says that she was talking to her hubby before they got married and he asked her what was the first thing that popped into her head about HS. She told him that it was me and how I wasn't in the year book and how she felt so helpless that she couldn't help me on that... She says she cried the whole way home that day.

Her freshman year at college she was asked to write an essay about something the had changed her life. She said she wrote about that day.

I was melting when I read that. You just never know? Here's the unfortunate part. It was my fault all along. No one told me that I had to have a special senior picture and that they wouldn't just use my ID picture like they did all the other years. Well more bad news, I replied to her email and the email came back to me as failed. At the time she was using one of those @home.com emails and they weren't working when I sent to them. I kept her email and then I came across it again more than a year later and when I checked my group she has changed her email address so I sent her my email again and this time she got it.

Recently, being the person she is, she began looking into our reunion to see what was happening and she posted the details to the group. I emailed her and said I wasn't sure if I was going and she said she would feel bad if I wasn't there so now I would like to go and hopefully my girlfriend can make it in from 2 hours away so they can meet each other too.

When someone tells you that you've changed their life that's reason enough to forget about all the other negatives. (Ronnie Milsap's "I wouldn't have missed it for the world" is playing)

So that's why I'm sticking around and I'm gonna keep on keepin on. How could I leave? Why would I? I love LHC and I love people. They don't have to love me back.

Routine & CO Wash Update - 9th Wash / Week - 5/22/04

I thought I'd try something a bit different this week for how I post this. I'll put what I did last week and then if something's different I'll say so.

Well unlike last week when I waited 6 days to post, this week I'm posting my update less than 24 hours later.

This week it's currently 4:25 am (as I start to write) and I washed just after 11 am Friday morning so that's less than 24 hours again.

At about noon yesterday I did my CO with V05 Kiwi Lime.

I used White Rain EB this week since I'm alternating.

This was a good test for the V05 because the night before I had sprayed my hair with the White Rain & water mist and I do think it was a bit too thick. Not that I can really tell yet. The rookie that I am LOL.

I misted my hair again on Thursday as I said in the previous entry. The difference this week was that I still had Jojoba Oil on my hair from Sunday morning. So that was on my hair along with the WR Mist. So I washed the WR with WR basically.

Anyway, I am happy with my results as usual. I didn't do anything different this time. Just my usual wet down, apply and bag / cap for 20 minutes and then rinse and re-apply and then rinse and then cold water rinse.

Same here, except for using the WR instead of V05. I will say this, my hair feels cleaner after this WR CO than it did after the first WR try 2 weeks ago.

Gosh I can't believe it's been 8 weeks already. I did not do an S&D last night. So that is still on the agenda for soon.

It's now 9 weeks and I still did not do the S & D

I'm hoping that I'll actually do the 2 CO washes this coming week. Of course my Jojoba oil will be here in a few days so I'll be adding that.

Nope it was Friday only again LOL. I did use my oil on Sunday as I said.

Other than that not much to report. I still love my hair despite it's splits and breaks and such. :)

Ditto. Whenever I walk through stores now I put my tail over my right shoulder so it's front of me. I like it there. I figure that's better than letting it Swing and Rub on my shirt while I walk.

~ Some Ponderings ~
It's weird. I said my hair feels clean. When I say my hair is clean that means it feels dry and uncoated. My hair feels that way. But at the same time if I look at it it looks fine / ok. It's not frizzy or rough looking. and if i run my finger down a few pieces it feels smooth.

I often worry about feel and when hair feels dry. What I mean is when other people say their hair is dry, is it really dry or is it just clean? I'm not saying that hair isn't dry sometimes. I just mean it could be clean and not dry maybe 1 out of 10 times. It's easy to be fooled. Especially if you mix a lot of products up and don't have a set routine.

By the way, for those of you who might be looking for V05 at Wal Mart be sure to check more than just the shampoo aisle. Sometimes they have it a few aisles over on some half shelves. They're the kind with 4 sides and aren't as tall. I was looking in the shampoo aisle again today just to see if something was new and I saw that the shampoo aisle was out of V05 Kiwi Lime C but the spot 3 aisles over had all of the V05's and tons of them. There's so many of them that they have to do that actaully. Hopefully those who couldn't find it will find it there.

I had to go pay my insurance today so I also decided I'd go get some magazines too since it's the time where they start changing to the next month's issues.

So anyway we had storms rolling through at the time. When I got to the insurance place the nearest tornado siren was going off. The sky was dark all around but I didn't see anything else. After I paid the insurance I stopped at the gas station at the same intersection and when I got done there the siren stopped. Then I started to head towards Walmart but as I started to head west towards it the rain started to come down too fast so I had to pull into a grocery store parking lot for about ten minutes. Then when I got to Walmart and started walking towards the door I walked through a puddle that turned out to be a lake. My feet and shoes were soaked by the time I got to the door, but ya know what? I didn't really care. It wasn't the first time I've had wet socks and shoes and it probably won't be the last. At least I was alive considering what might have been.

So anyway I didn't see any covers that really grabbed my attention but I bought
Jane - May
Glamour - June
Marie Claire - June

I love going to WM for magazines because they're always discounted.

Jane's cover has Alicia Silverstone on it. Her hair looks to be almost BSL if it isn't. I like how it's just a nice picture of her and not a model in some sex pose or barely any clothes.

So that's pretty much it for now. Thanks For reading :)

A Prose By Any Other Name Would Read As Well - 5/25/04

Some updates, some ponderings, some positives.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Positives,

I think I'll start off by saying that despite my DSL not working for almost 24 hours last night and today, I'm still having a great week or two. All my positive thinking over the past few weeks has really rewarded me in ways I didn't think were possible. LHC really has quite a few angels here and not the short pieces of hair ones. I mean the ones who look out for each other kind. I hope you all get to experience the friendships and yes even love that I have been given by people here. They've really been reaching out to me and have given of themselves. I've had everything from "Hello I appreciate what you say" to "Hello I'm giving you all this stuff no strings attached"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponderings,

Search and Destroy.

I have come to a decision on this. I'm not calling them that anymore myself.
From now on I will be calling them Search and Nip instead because I've had enough of destroying my hair LOL. Been there done that. Besides split ends used to be good hair too. At some point that hair was not split and it made your hair look nice. You might have even liked it a lot when it was freshly trimmed. A nip is more like a goodbye handshake with someone who's moving away. I'm sure this change will be very confusing to people so I'll probably end up using either S&D or both terms for awhile. Hey, who am I to decide to change the word for everyone? I think if I use both terms like this S&D / S&N or Search and Destroy / Search and Nip it will be easier for people to choose what they want to call it.

Speaking of Search and Nip, I did try to start doing one earlier while I was chatting with a Non-LHC sister and some other sisters. I only got as far as the section that would be the left half of my bangs if I had bangs that were cut. I really only nipped about 3 or 4 off. I think a majority of my splits will be on the hair in back since it's the hardest to reach and would have had the worst tears and rips from my old vent brushing while wet torturing I did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Updates,

I was going to wear my hair in a braid today when I went to the store. But I need more practise at it. I can only get it about halfway done before I lose control. I need to try bringing it over my shoulder or something. That's ok. I think that when I do make my braided public debut I would like tobe able to have a picture of that first braid. Had I done it today I would have had to use my regular camera. Maybe that's fate telling me to wait. ;) (The song "Wishing (If I had a photograph of you)" by Flock of Seagulls just started )

The other thing I wanted to say is that when I was making my braid I gave my homemade leave-in another try but I did it a bit different this time. Ok maybe it's not really a recipe but it's just a few drops of White Rain Extra Body Conditioner in a spray bottle full of water. This time instead of spraying my hair I sprayed my hands and then applied it to my hair that way. I'm trying to get it so that it doesn't feel like it's on my hair. Not that it really matters to me but there are people who would try this and not like it if it made their hair feel this way. I think I used too much WR when I did the mix. It was actually more like a squeeze than a few drops. Hopefully as the bottle gets less liquid in it and I replace it with just water it will dilute it better or thin it out.

Today, since it's already 5:30 am I'm hoping to do a CO but there is a possibility of that not happening. I should have done it yesterday but I just wasn't thinking that it was Monday. I'm just too stubborn about this. If I'm going to do 2 CO a week the first has to be Friday and the second has to be either Monday or Tuesday. I don't want to do them on other days. So far I've kept my Friday commitments. The latest in the day that I did a CO on a Friday was probably around 5-6 PM and that's because we went grocery shopping.

I hope I can kick myself in the butt the same way with Mon / Tues. I mean heck I'm giving myself a choice. Maybe I need to not have that choice. I think I should just make myself do them on Tuesdays. Preferably in the morning. I don't know about the rest of you but Tuesday has never been a good day of the week for me. It seems that over the years lots of bad things have happened on Tuesdays. Heck we all know what happened on that one Tuesday. But for the most part it's been the most blah day of the week. It's not the beginning of the week but it's not anywhere near the end of it. I suppose that could have went under Ponderings. Or maybe I could put a disclaimer at the top of every entry,
Warning: Bubba could break out into a pondering at any moment. Be prepared to be taken on a ride. Please keep your hands inside the car at all times and your safety belts fastened. We are not responsible for injury or loss of property while reading this entry.
Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

Did you get a chuckle or a smile? I hope so because that was my intent. :)
Keep Shining :sun:

Routine & CO Wash Update - 9.5 Wash / Week - 5/26/04

Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand
purplebubba on May 19th wrote:I suppose that could have went under Ponderings. Or maybe I could put a disclaimer at the top of every entry,

Told you I could do that and I meant it so I did it. LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

purplebubba on May 25 wrote: Today, since it's already 5:30 am I'm hoping to do a CO but there is a possibility of that not happening. I should have done it yesterday but I just wasn't thinking that it was Monday. I'm just too stubborn about this. If i'm going to do 2 CO a week the first has to be Friday and the second has to be either Monday or Tuesday. I don't want to do them on other days. So far I've kept my Friday commitments. The latest in the day that I did a CO on a Friday was probably around 5-6 PM and that's because we went grocery shopping. I hope I can kick myself in the butt the same way with Mon / Tues. I mean heck I'm giving myself a choice. Maybe I need to not have that choice. I think I should just make myself do them on Tuesdays. Preferably in the morning. I don't know about the rest of you but Tuesday has never been a good day of the week for me. It seems that over the years lots of bad things have happened on Tuesdays. Heck we all know what happened on that one Tuesday. But for the most part it's been the most blah day of the week. It's not the beginning of the week but it's not anywhere near the end of it.

:rockerdud I finally washed my hair on a day other than Friday. Yesterday (Tues May 25th) I fell asleep in my chair and then I woke up around 11 am, which is my favorite CO wash time, so I CO'd with V05 Kiwi Lime since I'm alternating and WR EB was on Friday.

I am really happy that I finally did a CO on a Tuesday. I really do like V05 Kiwi Lime for my hair. It really does a nice job of cleaning and I love how light my hair feels afterward. I literally have to touch my hair to feel like I have any. Hopefully that's a good thing.

I finally finished off my first 15 oz bottle of V05 Kiwi Lime. That means if I used it 6 times for a whole CO and 1 time just as a Shampoo type application my first week that I'm using about 2 oz per use. That's no where near the amounts that some people use for CO but when I use it my hair is slimey with it and it rinses clean and the hair is clean afterward. Keeping in mind that other than me now oiling that I have not used any other gels or sprays or anything else that would need removing. I'm also using similar amounts of White Rain. Perhaps by me sitting with it on my hair for at least 20 minutes it's having a chance to get at the hair that it might not have gotten? In any case I'm satisfied with my results and I like my routine. I'm not having any problems with the water getting cold too quickly which is good. I don't mind finishing with cold water rinses but there are parts of my routine that I prefer the warmer water. I only had that cold water problem the first week because I was using 3 products.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

purplebubba on May 19th wrote: I did use some oil the other day. I did like someone suggested on the Loom and after I put my hair in my sleep tail I took a cotton ball with some Jojoba oil on it and just dabbed my tassle with it. Then I took what was left on the cotton ball and put it on the rest of my hair. I must say I liked how my hair looked when it was still "wet" with oil. It wasn't actually wet but it looked that way. I liked how my tassle kinda sperated into chunky strands as if I had just come out of the shower. Lets see that was May 15th that I got the oil and I tried it the next day so that would have been Sunday morning that I applied it and I have not done much to my hair since.

I've tried my oil three more times since then. I oiled my ends yesterday before my CO. I then oiled again last night late at night. I'm concentrating on just the last 6 inches or so for now. Today before I left to go grocery shopping I took a drop and put that on my ends to refresh it.

I like Jojoba Oil so far. I haven't tried any other oils but this one feels nice and light. When I do put it on with my fingers I have to actually look closely to see if I got any out of the bottle and onto them because it's so light. I've used the cotton ball 2 times and my fingers 2 times so far. I love how when I put it on my hair it makes my hair seem to want to curl a bit more. Or maybe I'm just noticing it then and not the other times? I like it, :wink: that's what matters. I hope I don't have any problems with it. Just something about putting oil on my hair that makes me feel like I'm really caring for it. I suppose it's kinda like people who enjoy feeding or watering their plants. I remember watering my tomato plants and hoping I hadn't waited too long or used too much. I knew that there was no way for me to really tell how it would turn out until they grew or didn't. I know oiling won't make the hair grow but it is similar care wise. You just never know right away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

purplebubba on May 1st wrote: I added something to today's wash that I have never done before. I used a Vinegar Rinse, but it was White Vinegar. I was just finishing my second rinse of V05 when I just decided to ask Mom to get me some vinegar. I told her to get me 1/3 cup and then I added about a cup of water to it.

While I was at Save-A-Lot grocery store today I grabbed a 32 oz bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar. I haven't used it yet but I couldn't resist. I don't remember the price but since I got it there it was cheaper. Still not sure when I'll use it. Maybe I'll save my vinegar rinses for the wash that is after I use my Aussie products. This Friday will be my 10th week of washing and since 10 weeks used to be report card time in school I think That might be a good time to start my routine back from the beginning again and use my 3 Minute Miracle. I think once every 10 weeks is a good amount of time between cones.

I think for Friday I'll do White Rain EB for the first step but use it like a shampoo, where I apply, lather up, and rinse. Then I'll use the 3 MM as a second step. I'm not sure if I'll use it for only 3-4 minutes like last time or if I'll go longer. I'll be using a plastic bag cap this time.

Then next Tuesday I'll do a normal CO with V05 Kiwi Lime since it's clarifying and then finish with the vinegar rinse then.

I don't know yet if I'll use the Knot Forgotten or not. Maybe I'll leave that up to whether or not the water stays warm enough to start to rinse it with warm water. I think it needs warm water to rinse it out. Then finish with cold water on the rinsed out hair.

Anyway, 10 weeks feels like a nice milestone. I think it's perfect timing for a report card / progress report.

Thanks for reading.

Keep Shining & Smiling :sun:

Routine & CO Wash Update - 10th Wash / Week - 5/29/04

Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

purplebubba on May 26th wrote: I think for Friday I'll do White Rain EB for the first step but use it like a shampoo, where I apply, lather up, and rinse. Then I'll use the 3 MM as a second step. I'm not sure if I'll use it for only 3-4 minutes like last time or if I'll go longer. I'll be using a plastic bag cap this time.

I don't know yet if I'll use the Knot Forgotten or not. Maybe I'll leave that up to whether or not the water stays warm enough to start to rinse it with warm water. I think it needs warm water to rinse it out. Then finish with cold water on the rinsed out hair.

I did my CO during the Noon hour today. I started off by using just a tiny bit of White Rain extra body conditioner as if I were using shampoo. I applied it then rinsed it out. I then applied the 3 Minute Miracle and used the plastic bag / cap. I sat for 20 minutes and then rinsed that out. As I said the other day, this was the point to decide on whether to use the Knot Forgotten or "Knot"
I decided that since the water was still plenty warm that I would use it. I applied it and then combed it through a bit. Then I rinsed.

Just a quick note: I have been using my wide tooth Jilbere / Conair comb in the shower for the past few weeks. I may have forgotten to mention that.

It's now going on 12 hours later and I'm happy with the results so far. I can't really tell that I used cones. There is a smoothness to my hair but it's too early to say whether it's different than the smoothness from a regular CO without cones.

That's ok I've made the decision that my hair get's cones every 10th week. That could change but for now that's my plan.

Week 10 - Report Card Time - 5/29/04

Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

Now for the Report Card Grades.

Sticking to Routine: A-
Not only did I not skip a week or wash but I added one this past tuesday. If it weren't for the fact that it took me three tries to get that tuesday wash added I would probably be giving myself A+. Yeah I realize it seems like I'm being generous but you just don't know how bad I was at not doing these things regularly.

Trying New Things: A
Not only was the routine itself a new thing but all the products were new. I tried 4 new conditioners, Jojoba Oil, White Vinegar Rinse, Using a plastic bag as a cap. Then we have my Sleep tail, attempting buns & braids.

Trimming & Split Ends: C-
I started out with a good start and trim but I have not done more than a few snips of splits so I can't give a high grade here. I want this to improve.

Handling of Hair: B
I've used my sleep tail many times but not every time. I have slept in bed with loose hair a couple times. My combing and brushing techniques are improving but not good enough yet. Getting a comb that had small removeable seams was a +. I have not used a vent brush since starting the new routine. I have not used a blow dryer either. I don't know if Oiling goes here or not but I have done it.

Attitude: B+
This should be a higher grade and would have been if not for a one week period of not feeling so well. I have since come out of that low on a very high note and if you were to grade me based on Just the past 2 weeks I'd be at least an A. I love my hair and I love having a routine and I'm feeling awesome.

Journal Writing: A-
50+ entries in 10 weeks, 5 per week. The score would be higher but some of the entries were not necessarily Routine related. But overall I'm satisfied. If you'd asked me 10 weeks ago if I thought I'd have 50+ entries total I'd have died laughing. The fact that I made it to a 10th week to post something at all amazes me. This Journal has been a blessing.

Overall: B+
I've done great but I can do better. I want to do better. I will do better.

Report Card 2 coming in 10 weeks.
</span>

PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba

15 Jun 2004, 06:54 #5

~ My Routine ~
~ The Routine Itself, Not An Update ~

Note: I posted this the other day at LHC and am just now putting it here.

Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

I decided to post this just in case someone new is reading this who hasn't been reading my whole journal. As of today 6/13/04 this is my routine.

Purplebubba's Routine - 2a / F - M / I I
Slight Wavy / Fine - Med / 2.5" thick

My 2 times a week Conditioner Only Wash involves,

Applying either VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Conditioner (Tuesdays)
or
White Rain Extra Body Conditioner (Fridays),

generously to my hair after wetting first. I make sure I use enough to make my hair feel slimey and coated.

Then I pile my ponytail on top of my head, cover with a plastic bag and place a claw clip over the bag to hold it in place. You don't want it loose, it should be like a shower cap. You can also try plastic wrap.

I then sit down for 10-20 minutes and just do other stuff or relax. Ladies do their shaving and such. I like to just listen to the radio.

When that time is up I remove the bag. By now the conditioner will not look slimey and will probably look like its gone. It does for me. I then rinse it out.

Then I re-apply the conditioner as if I were just going to put some on and rinse right away like the bottle says. I then rinse.

As I get closer to the point when all the conditioner is rinsed I gradually make the water cooler until its as cold as I can stand. This helps close the cuticle and smooth the hair better.

Note: Once in awhile I use my wide tooth comb and comb the conditioner through my hair. I don't have a certain step that I do this at. Sometimes it's during step one and sometimes it's during step two.

I also have Aussie 3 Minute Miracle and Knot Forgotten but as of right now I've decided to use them only once every ten weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Products & Ingredients

Alberto V05 - Kiwi & Lime Squeeze, Herbal Conditioner, Clarifying for extra body with rosemary & lemongrass extracts

Ingredients:
Water, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, stearalkonium chloride, rosemary leaf extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) extract, citrus aurantifola (lime), hydrolyzed collagen, ergocalciferol (Vitamin D), steareth-21, glyceryl stearate, benzophenone-4, corn oil, propylene glycol, disodium edta, dmdm hydantioin, fragrance, blue 1, yellow 5

Ingredients:
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Ceteareth-20, Behenyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Citric Acid

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle, Original

Ingredients:
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-12 Distearate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fennel Extract (foeniculum vulgare), Hops Extract (humulus lupulus), Balm Mint Extract (melissa officinalis), Yarrow Extract (achillea millefolium), Hydrolyzed Casein, Oat Flour (avena sativa), Jojoba Oil (buxus chinensis), Matricaria Extract (chamomilla recutita), Yeast Extract, Sunflower Seed Oil (helianthus annuus), Simethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Glycol Stearate, Acetamide MEA, Cetrimonium Bromide, Sodium Lauriminodipropionate, Fragrance, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Stearalkonium Chloride, Phosphoric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, FD&C Yellow #6

Aussie Knot Forgotten Detangler (Used to be called Slip)

Ingredients:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cucumber Extract (cucumis sativus), Calendula Officinalis Extract, Simethicone, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Vitamin Shoppe Brand - 100% Pure Jojoba Oil

Ingredients:
Yep you guessed it
100% Pure Jojoba Oil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leave-Ins & Other

For leave-in, I currently am using my own conditioner and water mix. I use about a drop or two of the White Rain and the rest of the bottle is water.

So far I've only used my Jojoba Oil on dry hair. Mostly applied on the lower half of my hair. My application technique varies. Sometimes I use some in my palms and apply or I put some on my fingertips and apply. Sometimes I use a cotton ball. It depends on how much I feel like using. I really like Jojoba Oil. It's the only oil I've tried so far but I like how it oils the hair yet doesn't feel too greasy or wet.

The rest of my routine involves wearing a ponytail in public and then for bed I wear my hair like this

My Sleep Tail

On March 26th I started wearing my hair to bed this way. This was right after I trimmed my own hair using Feye's Slight U. Before this I wore my hair loose for almost 28 years, although my hair has only been long for about 9.

I use my covered elastics. I put one on at the nape and then carefully slide it down to the bottom position about 2/3 of the way down. Then I put another at the nape and slide it down to the top position 1/3 of the way down. I have not had any tangles from sleeping since I started doing this.

Here is a picture of my

"Sleep Tail 4/09/04"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba

15 Jun 2004, 06:55 #6

~ Mijn Nieuwe Rut / My New Routine - 6/15/04 ~

Deze dagboekingang zal in het Nederlands worden geschreven ter ere van wat u op het punt staat te lezen.

Waarschuwing: Bubba kon in op elk ogenblik het nadenken uitbreken. Voorbereidingen getroffen om op een rit worden genomen. Gelieve te houden uw handen op elk moment binnen de auto en uw vastgemaakte veiligheidsriemen. Wij zijn niet verantwoordelijk voor verwonding of het verlies van bezit terwijl het lezen van deze ingang
dankt u, Beheer van BubbaLand

Ik heb een nieuw product zodat moet ik nu mijn routine bijwerken om het te omvatten. Vanaf een paar dagen geleden voltooide ik een ruilmiddel van haarproducten en andere goodies met mijn goede vriend en zuster, "Luna Bella".

Zij naar verzond me een fles van "Schwartzkopf Perzik Crèmespoeling" van Nederland.

Dit betekent dat ik dit product in mijn routine zal werken. Ik zal het later vandaag gebruiken.

Hier is wat de rug van de fles zegt,

"Perzik Crèmespoeling
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Voor ieder haartype
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deze Crèmespoeling met natuurlijke perzikolie maakt het haar makkelijk doorkambaar, zonder het te verzwaren.
Uw haar is zachter en valt soepel en glanzed in model. Werkt anti-statisch.
Gebruiksaanwijzing: na het wassen in het vochtige haar verdelen, laten inwerken, en uitspoelen."

Dankuwel zuster. U hebt me sommige prachtige goodies verzonden en ik houd van hen. Dit zijn de eerste punten die ik van een ander land heb ontvangen.

Now translated back to English,

This day book entrance will be written in Dutch read for the ere of what you stand on the point.

Warning: Bubba could break out on each moment reflecting. Preparations made for on a ride are taken. Please your hands to keep your security oars attached at each moment within the car and. We are not responsible for wound or the loss of possession whereas reading this entrance
thanks you, management of BubbaLand

I have a new product so that I must update rut now my to include it. As from a couple days suffered I completed a ruilmiddel of its products and other goodies with my good friend and sister, "Luna Bella".

She to sent me a bottle of "Schwartzkopf perzik Crèmespoeling" of the Netherlands.

This means that I this product in my rut will work. I will use it later today.

Here is what the back of the bottle says,

"Perzik crèmespoeling
For every its type of
this crèmespoeling with natural perzikolie makes it its easily doorkambaar, without aggravating it. Your hair is and falls more gently smooth and glanzed in model. Works anti-static.
Instructions for use: after washing in wet its divides, lets act on, and uitspoelen."

Dankuwel sister. You me has sent some splendid goodies and I love them. These are the first points which I land of another one have received.

Here is what I really said,

This journal entry will be written in Dutch in honor of what you are about to read.

Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

I have a new product so I now must update my routine to include it.
As of a few days ago I completed a swap of hair products and other goodies with my good friend and sister, "Luna Bella".

She sent to me a bottle of "Schwartzkopf Peach Conditioner" from Holland.

This means that I will be working this product into my routine. I will use it later today.

Here is what the back of the bottle says,

(I left out the Bottle stuff cuz I didn't say it ;) )

Thank you so much sister. You have sent me some wonderful goodies and I love them. These are the first items I have received from another country.

PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba

17 Jun 2004, 15:15 #7

Routine & CO Wash Update - 12.5 Wash / Week

Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

purplebubba wrote:<span style='font-family:Comic Sans MS'>She sent to me a bottle of "Schwartzkopf Peach Conditioner" from Holland.

This means that I will be working this product into my routine. I will use it later today.

On Tuesday I used this product for the first time as I said I would. The one thing about swapping products is that you hope that they will work for the people you swap with. I am very happy to say that I do love my results with using this for my CO wash.

I did the same CO wash I always do except I used the Peach Conditioner instead of My White Rain or My V05 Kiwi Lime.

The bottle says that it's got Vitamins in it. It says B5 and B3.

Here are the ingredients.
Aqua / Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Quarternium-87, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Myristate, Distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Panthenol, Niacinamide, Prunus Persica (Peach), Ceteareth-20, Glyceryl Stearate, Citric Acid, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Methylparaben, CI 15985 (aka Yellow 6)

I felt a difference the moment this product touched my hair. My hair felt thicker. It's now 2 days later and my dry ponytail still feels thicker. So this is definitely staying in the routine. :rainbow:

Last night I started doing some search and nips on my hair. I have my hair in a low tail and i've just been doing various techniques of either sectioning the tassle or twisting sections or just doing the ones I could see. I feel pretty good about it. I am still finding splits but hey, what's the fun of a search and nip without getting to nip a few? No I'm not scissor happy. I'm hair happy. My hair is happy and I like it. I really like the way those different lengths of hair make my hair look. They make nice waves.

I want to thank Luna Bella once again. I was starting to get a bit bored with my routine. Things were going well so I wasn't having anything to really write about. I probably could have just copied and pasted a previous update and called it a new one. Now I have new life. :pheart:
</span>

PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba

05 Jul 2004, 06:51 #8

July 5th Hair Pictures & the Old Ones

Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

Also posted here
Purplebubba's Progress Pics
http://s7.invisionfree.com/The_Hair_Car ... howtopic=6

March 26th 2004

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 5th, 2004

The hair isn't too much longer but it is starting to even up a bit more or not be as bad at the ends. I'm happy.

PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba

11 Jul 2004, 08:33 #9

Routine & CO Wash Update - 16.0 Week

Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

It's been a while since I've written about washing. So here's an update.
The last time I posted about a wash it was Week 12.5 and I had just used my new Peach Conditioner.

Since then I've only been washing once a week. Not for any special reason, it's just the way things happened.
If I remember correctly it went something like this.

12.5 (Tuesday) was that Peach Conditioner. Then I didn't wash until the following Friday which was week 14.0, and on that day I did a quick wash with the V05 Kiwi Lime. That means that I did 2 applications of the conditioner and rinsed them both right away as if I had washed with a shampoo and then a conditioner. It worked pretty well.
Then I washed last week Friday 15.0 with White Rain doing my normal application.

Yesterday / Friday week 16.0 I tried something new. My mom had V05 Free Me Freesia conditioner ever since I started my routine but she never used it. So I tried it yesterday.

Alberto VO5 - Free Me Freesia Moisturizing Herbal Conditioner

Ingredients
Water , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearyl Alcohol , Aloe Barbadensis Gel , Jasmine Extract Jasminum Officinale , Freesia Refracta Extract , Ergocalciferol Vitamin D , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Glycerin , Stearalkonium Chloride , Steareth-21 , Glyceryl Stearate , Benzophenone-4 , Corn Oil , Propylene Glycol , Disodium EDTA , Dmdm Hydantoin , Fragrance , Ext. D&C Violet No. 2

It's now been more than 24 hours since and my hair still feels nice and clean.
I don't feel any oiliness. I'm satisfied so far.

So that means since she's not going to use it I will add it to my 4 product rotation.

Here are my 4 products once again

Alberto V05 - Kiwi & Lime Squeeze, Herbal Conditioner, Clarifying for extra body with rosemary & lemongrass extracts

Schwartzkopf Perzik Crèmespoeling / Schwartzkopf Peach Conditioner from Holland

Alberto VO5 - Free Me Freesia Moisturizing Herbal Conditioner

The order in which I use them might vary but they will all be used. I'm still not ready to start using more than one on the same day. The only days that I use more than one product are my every 10 weeks Aussie washes.

The only other part to update is that the weather has gotten warmer which means more sweating. So far it hasn't been a problem. I'm still having fun. I've used my Jojoba Oil a few times in the past 4 weeks. Not a bunch, maybe 2-3 applications. My tail is feeling longer. When I put my hair in my sleep tail it feels thicker and longer than it was at first. Sleeping with a tail is still new to me but I do enjoy it.

~~~~~~~~~~ Non Routine Related ~~~~~~~~~~

I want to say a very special thank you to some people. Some I've already thanked and some I've been meaning to.

First, a thank you to Scorpeo. The photos that I posted of myself in the last entry would not be possible without her. She sent me her older digital camera and some hair toys, no strings attached. You are a miracle sister. If I never receive another gift in my life I will be fine because I received yours. :flowers:

Having said that, well it happened again. Juli sent me the hair clips that she posted about on the swap board.

Thank you again Juli, I will put these to good use. :flowers:

I'd like to also thank Luna Bella again for swapping with me. :flowers:

Thank you once again to anyone who has ever taken time out of their day to send me a PM or Email or anything like that just to say something nice to me or tell me something that I didn't know that made my day. :flowers:

And thank you for reading my Journal. :flowers:

PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba

22 Jul 2004, 10:17 #10

Routine & CO Wash Update - 17.0 Week

Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

Just a quick update, I used this for the second time last Friday and I still like my results from it.

Schwartzkopf Perzik Crèmespoeling / Schwartzkopf Peach Conditioner from Holland

:)

Nothing much else to report. Other than sending 7 of my "Hugs" (see the swap board for more info) the other day. I haven't sent that many at one time since I sent a bunch in 98. It felt nice to be back to doing that. I wonder if I've gone over 100 yet? I know I'm well past 50. Oh well I used to keep better track, it's been 6 years. Thanks to those who requested them. I hope you realize how much I love sending them. Just makes things seem right with the world.

PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba

06 Sep 2004, 21:02 #11

Captain's Log - Entry 9.3.04 (pasted a few days later here)

Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

I've returned from my extended shore leave. Which consisted mainly of me turning my chair around and pointing it at the TV for a month.

I left with the intention of playing some video games for a few days and it turned out to be a few weeks. Then the Olympics came and it was another excuse to just watch TV. Plus I needed to try to get my sleep schedule back on a more acceptable track. That sleeping from 7 am till 7 pm stuff had to go. 7 am till noon or 1 pm I don't mind but more than that is a bit much. Besides, it was starting to screw up my routine. It's kinda hard to take my shower / bath in the morning if I'm in bed. I'm glad in a few hours it will be Friday morning. I haven't stuck to my routine as much as I would have liked. You just don't realize how much you miss your journal until you go without it. So tomorrow I hope I will not have to go to the store or anything like that because I want to get my routine back on track.

I had planned to write some more for this entry but I think it would be better if I went to bed.

But here is my collection of mini License Plates I have from my 2000 trip to Tennessee and then to New England.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/ ... lates2.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/ ... lates1.gif

and here's some spaceship / jet drawings I did for a story I was working on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/ ... ship1g.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/ ... ship2g.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba

06 Sep 2004, 21:03 #12

Just felt I had to make a note of this

Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

Just felt I had to make a note of this. I don't remember the last time I did this but it has to have been a few years. I went to the store and another place and I left my hair down and loose. No ponytail. I was hoping someone at the store would say something since I always go there but nope. But maybe they're already used to my hair being long in the tail so it didn't really look much longer down. But anyway it felt good. Besides I think my hair and scalp needed the fresh air it doesn't get when in a tail. :)

PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba

11 Sep 2004, 02:28 #13

Ponder-osa

Posted earlier this morning at LHC

Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

I'm sitting here and it's after 6 am. Has anyone else ever had the urge to write in their journal and just had nothing much to write? Today is supposed to be a CO wash day. I'd like to use my Peach Conditioner today. I think my hair could use some.

PBS was showing "The Concert For George" wednesday night. With all my cd's it still amazes me how many musicians die before I can get their cd. I think George Harrison should be next on the music agenda.

Here's a note to self.
I want these two.
Best Of George Harrison
Best of Dark Horse

Then they can be played along with the others I didn't get until after.
Roy Orbison, Waylon Jennings, John Denver.
My only successes were Ray Charles & Johnny Cash. I bought them a few years ago.

I've been meaning to post this since I came back.
These are the hairsticks that Anne / Long Hair Jewels custom made for me.
She worked her butt off trying to get those sticks to be purple. The scan doesn't do them justice, they are very purple. Anne, these sticks are more beautiful than I imagined they would be. I'll treasure these forever.

I may hand them down as Heirlooms. If I ever have kids to do so. I plan to get at least one pair from all my friends ASAP. That could be months or years.

It's now 7 am. Let's see what else I can pile on.

Seems like a lot of people I really love and care about are going through some rough and tough times. I wish I could be there for them. Some I can but others I can't. I'd have to have a shoulder as big as the moon for that. I'm working on it.

Can't think of anything else. I think I'm gonna go to bed and try not to sleep past noon. Clock says 7:29 am

PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba

11 Sep 2004, 07:01 #14

Updates - Trim, Pics, Wash, Signature.

Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

Today is the first major update since I started my journal in March.

I trimmed about an hour ago using some of Feye's methods. I measured before the trim and was getting 33 1/2 inches. I am now getting 33 inches. I'm satisfied.
Here are the before and after pics

As you can see there isn't much difference but I definitely took at least 1/2 an inch. I also think it's a bit more even now. I'm not striving for perfection. My hair is usually in a tail in public anyway so if it was uneven no one would know plus as you can see it's fairly wavy at times so that hides it too.

Here you can see a side by side March and September.

As you may notice it's well past the elbows now although I am standing at a bit of an angle. On my new signature below I'm using smaller versions of the same two pictures above with a line to the elbows.

<span style='font-family:Comic Sans MS'>New Signature Picture

Here is my old signature once more.

Old Signature

~ Wishing Everyone "No Tangles" ~
~ The Bubba Method "Have some fun, love your hair, & smile at least once a day" ~

~ My Hair Care Articles ~
~ My Home Page ~

And this will be the new signature with the new picture and updated length info.

Complete New Signature

~ Robert / PurpleBubba ~

~ Wishing Everyone "No Tangles" ~

~ "Have some fun, love your hair, & smile at least once a day" ~

~ 2a F-M ii ~ 3"/ 33"/ 36" ~

~ Former Cosmetology Student, Seeking Apprenticeship ~

~ My Journal ~ "PurpleBubba's Periodical Prose of Ponderings" ~

~ My Hair Care Articles ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did do my CO wash around 4 pm friday using the Schwartzkopf Peach Conditioner that Luna Bella sent. I'm glad I used it. I really like it. It's a really thick conditioner in the sense that it's almost like a paste. It feels as if they took peaches and pureed them. Sometimes I think it smells a bit more like mangos but so what if it does. As long as no one comes up to me and tries to take a bite of my fruit head I'll be ok ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is the day. Today is September 11th. I'm not going to say much except that rather than use a picture or logo from someone else's site I'll use the one I made back then.

Purple Hearts may tear but they will heal and heal stronger. May the Earth never stand still again.

</span>

PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba

11 Sep 2004, 18:33 #15

I've had all I can stands & I can't stands no more

Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

You may want to heed that warning. What follows is the letter that I just emailed to Subway. (They make submarine sandwiches for those who don't know.) These commercials and magazines and everything else had better watch out cuz I'm not playin no more.

Hi I'm Robert.

I was just watching one of your latest commercials and I was wondering something.

Could you try comparing your subs to those of other sub restaurants rather than comparing them to McDonalds?

Also could you please make the fine print about the cheese and mayo a bit bigger so that people don't go to Subway and think they can just pile on whatever they want?

You could even do a commercial where Jared says "We here at Subway believe in telling the truth. So to prove it to you we are going to stop using fine print in our TV commercials. To get the best results from a Subway diet you have to leave off the cheese and mayo and other high fat items."

Which commercial are you more inclined to buy from? The one with someone telling you the truth or the one with fine print?

Thank you for your time,

Robert

PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba

11 Sep 2004, 19:13 #16

Re: Updates - Trim, Pics, Wash, Signature.

Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

This is from a reply I did at the Loom.

I was kinda shocked actually after I took the pictures.

During my month off I was getting into one of my lazy modes. I was starting to get into my old bad habits and that wasn't good. So to come back and take those pictures and see that it has grown helped a lot.

It's nice to not see quite so many horror stories as we used to see. Before Feye came up with her method most of the posts on the boards were about everyone trying to find a long hair salon. I don't see those as often anymore. You almost have to read a journal to hear if someone trimmed because they do it themselves and it's not a huge event that going to a new salon would be.

PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba

30 Sep 2004, 22:42 #17

Ponder-osa II

Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

I posted this first part on the October Measure In thread.

I trimmed on 9/10/04 and on that day I was getting 33" after. My measurements are not always accurate since I'm still measuring my own hair and using a regular tape measure and not a cloth one.

I'm still getting about 33" which I don't mind because my goal is to get to 36" / Waist by the end of March which would give me about 6" in one year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At some point I would like to cut at least an inch off at one time. It's either that or I need to do a Search & Snip. My ends are not laying as flat as they were a few months ago. I still have not done a complete S&S since March. I think I could use one since I got a bit lazy during that month away from here. A few too many yanks and knots during that time. I'm not looking for perfection but I know I liked it when my tail had smoother ends and didn't look as bushy.

My CO washings have gotten back on a decent track. It's still only once a week most of the time. I've skipped quite a few Tuesdays but I've been forcing myself to do the Fridays.

I think part of my problems over the past two months have been that the manikins were not out like I had them earlier this year. I put them away when the DSL guy came to run the new wire and I didn't take them out until just now. That was back in July. Maybe I'll be inspired to come up with some new style or maybe I'll do a style with some of the new stuf I've received over the past few months.

I've spent the past few weeks working on my websites. I spun off my salon directory into a new site called Breezy's Boutique. It's basically a links section that's set up like a virtual mall. It's turned into a bit of an obsession. Joining programs, then putting their banners on the site after approval. I wouldn't mind having a real store someday but for now I'll settle for linking to other stores.

Can't think of anything else at the moment. Just felt the need to write something since I hadn't made an entry since the 11th. I was missing my journal again. I gotta post here more often even if it is just gabbing.

PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba

01 Oct 2004, 04:07 #18

Trim Progress Chart

Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

This is a chart that I made to see when I have done trims since I started my journal.

If you would like a blank chart to use for whatever you can find one here.
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/bbubba/LHC/Chart1.html

PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba

01 Oct 2004, 05:26 #19

Week 20 - Report Card Time

Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

I was supposed to do this back at week 20. It's now week 28.
Week 20 would have been August 7th so I think I'm going to give grades based on what I remember happening up till then. Then I can do another in 2 weeks.

Report Card Grades for Weeks 11 - 20 (May30th - Aug 7th).

Sticking to Routine: Week 10 A- / Week 20 B
Since I was following my routine up until August fairly regularly I can still give a decent grade. Next card will have a lower grade.

Trying New Things: Week 10 A / Week 20 B+
V05 Free Me Freesia used once
ACV used once
I almost had to give myself an "F" or an "I" but I looked back and according to my journal those were tried after May 29th. I haven't tried anything new since so that give me 2 weeks. But hey if it aint broke don't fix it. That's why I'll allow an "I" for incomplete for this one.

Trimming & Split Ends: Week 10 C- / Week 20 C-
I just got done making my trim chart and it appears as though I've done about the same amount of trimming. I plan to get some splits snipped sometime soon. Please let it be within the next two weeks.

Handling of Hair: Week 10 B / Week 20 B-
As before I was still sticking to my routine but it started to go downhill. The grade two weeks from now will be lower.

Attitude: Week 10 B+ / Week 20 B
I was on track for 9 of the ten weeks and then august came and my laziness crept in. Once again will be lower in two weeks.

Journal Writing: Week 10 A- / Week 20 B+
I had 15 Journal entries (at LHC) in that period. I had less entries but the ratio of Routine related to Other was decent.

Overall: Week 10 B+ / Week 20 B
I didn't do as well as I'd have liked but considering that it only includes one week of august it was a good term. The next card will be lower because it will have 3 weeks of laziness to consider.

Did I mention that August was a bad hair month?

PS: to those of you who are trying to keep up with my journal I apologize for posting so much today in seperate posts. Hope you don't mind. Thanks for reading.

PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba

02 Oct 2004, 09:43 #20

Routine & CO Wash Update - Week 28

Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

Today I used the Schwartzkopf Perzik Crèmespoeling / Schwartzkopf Peach Conditioner from Holland.

I'm still liking it. :)

I can't believe I have not used shampoo of any kind on my hair since before the end of March (28 weeks). I think I'm adjusted to it.

I put jojoba on my hair yesterday before I went to the store and such. I like the way my hair feels afterward. I might have used a bit more than usual.
My hair feels long now. It touches my back below the middle. Just feels a bit different than it did when it was closer to the shoulder blades.

I think I'm going to take the VO5 Free Me Freesia out of my rotation for now. I did only use it once but I didn't like my hair the next few days. I can't say for sure if it was the FMF or not and I usually tell people to try something more than once, however in this case I like my other 3 products better and I'd like to use them more often. Perhaps I'll leave slot #4 open for now so I'll have an excuse to try something new. I will eventually give it another try just so I take my own advice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just emailed a song request so hopefully the station will play it.
It's the weekend "Over Easy" on the local classic rock station. I asked for Gordon Lightfoot's "If You Could Read My Mind"
Hopefully I'll be able to respond later and say it got played :karma: