My first ground hog! ( With pics.)

My first ground hog! ( With pics.)

July 11th, 2008, 8:39 pm #1

My first ground hog!

There is a old house that no one lives in. In the country.
Well a while back, I saw a big ground hog there.

I every time I go by it, I look for the hog.
Well today in the morning, there was 2 big fat hogs.

Eating in the yard, they saw me pull in the yard with my truck. Well they took off, I saw where they went. There was a big hole in the porch wall, they were both in there!

I could see one looking back at me. I shot at his head, but could not see if I hit him. Well I left & went back four hours later after work.

One was out by a tree, I had pulled in with my truck real slow, so he would not hear me!

He had his back to me, & was eating wild blackberries. He would have his head down then, look around. Well then he stood up on his back legs, looking around again.

I nailed him in the back of the head.
He just folded up, I was real close about 8 feet away from him! I use a predator pellet 22. Making about 28 fpe.

The shot hit him in the back of the head first pic.

And it went out the right side of his head 2nd pic.
And left a big exit hole.

Last edited by foxback on July 11th, 2008, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 11th, 2008, 11:25 pm #2

Ya gotta love shootin-em with Air I like it alot better then useing powder burners big time, #1 ya gotta get close to-em stalking your game is so fun shot placement is key..... even a better feeling when it`s done with a MOD pistol at 30 yards or under... I have found out that if ya find a few hogs that have never been shot at before they look at the dirt that flys where the pellets hits I LOVE MESSIN WITH-EM before the head shot...."BUT" shoot more then 2 or 3 times they learn quickly somethin ain`t right and head for cover CHECK OUT THIS PIG !!!

Im working on number 136 myself the farmers just cut the fields again so it`s PARTY TIME...

Just when I thought I had all my bases cover in the Hobby department I came across this most excellent Airgun forum, Now the madness begins....."PROTOSNIPER"

July 12th, 2008, 3:31 am #3

you got him with a pistol good work.

Check your e-mail!

The urban bunny sniper.
One shot, one kill.
Feel the, thrill.
46 confirmed kills
And counting.

I love the smell of co-2 in the morning.

July 12th, 2008, 9:49 pm #4

great shot in the cerrabellum[too much C.S.I].How much he weigh cuz it looks big?Wouldnt mind goin after those just not sure the Ole 392 be up to the task.May have to switch to a rimfire.

July 14th, 2008, 3:00 am #5

you got him with a pistol good work.

Check your e-mail!

The urban bunny sniper.
One shot, one kill.
Feel the, thrill.
46 confirmed kills
And counting.

Hi Guys!

Pretty Impressive,To say the least!

I Use a Beeman C-1 Cabine in .22 with a 30 gr.Pellet,but they seem to only stun the Young chucks. I am aiming for front of shoulder shots at 12 yards....Maybe I should try for head shots? or a pointed pellet?

Can anyone shed light on subject?

PM

July 14th, 2008, 3:58 am #6

using his Rabbit Buster[modded 2240?],details in post below.I could be wrong.Ya really want to hit the central nervous system[brain],thru eye or ear general area.Or the main circulatory and pulmonary system[heart/lungs],side shot to get both.Heh,heh,,$10 words!That way the shot is humane[relatively].
Last edited by blkft1 on July 14th, 2008, 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 15th, 2008, 12:34 am #7

I only shoot for the head on a Ground Hog that way I don`t wound it & it holes up on me never to be seen again. My 2240 MOD`s probibly could still drop-em with a body shot but I don`t like to take a chance. the one I have pictured went 7-1/2 lbs. Which is kinda small but he was in a tree line. the bigger ones are in the bean fields they go 10 lbs + ......

I SAY WE ALL START POSTING GROUND HOG`S ON THIS THREAD AS WE GET-EM !!!! WHAT SAY YOU ???? CLOSE-UPS ON THE HEAD SHOTS... GO FOR POINTS.. HEAD IS WORTH 2....EYE IS WORTH 5..... IN ONE SIDE OF THE HEAD OUT THE OTHER 10 HEHEHEHE....

Just when I thought I had all my bases cover in the Hobby department I came across this most excellent Airgun forum, Now the madness begins....."PROTOSNIPER"
Last edited by polomax on July 15th, 2008, 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 15th, 2008, 12:36 am #8

Got your eye on another one yet ??? it`s a sickness once ya start.

Here is another one I saw today but didn`t have my gun. he was right at 20 yards I could have got closer he didn`t even care I was even there. i`ll get him tomorrow.... another notch on the gun.

Last edited by polomax on July 15th, 2008, 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 15th, 2008, 12:50 am #9

polomax!

I saw the other hog is still a live, that I shot at.
Tryed to sneek up on him to night. But he saw me & headed for his hole!

Let the fun begain!

Pumpmeister, I am using a 2250 hopped up running on air.
She makes about 29- 30 fpe.

The urban bunny sniper.
One shot, one kill.
Feel the, thrill.
54 confirmed kills
And counting.

July 15th, 2008, 12:55 am #10

7 yards.... I have my next 2 picked out this one is gonna be to easy.