Mounting a scope on a Benjamin 397

Mounting a scope on a Benjamin 397

January 6th, 2012, 5:07 am #1

I bought the 4pc barrel mounts a few weeks ago and put a cheap BSA red dot on it but the dot is so big I cant really aim. So I'm looking for a good pistol scope, my price range is about $60 max. So far I'm thinking about the NcStar SEPB2530B or SPB220B and the Barska 2x20 Contour maybe a BSA if they are really worth the extra cash. I need 10" - 12" Eye Relief and I'll be shooting 30 to 60 yards are so. I also have a question about scope ring height should I buy low or medium, I really want the scope to line up well with my eye. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Gabe

January 6th, 2012, 7:03 am #2

several old dans i have mounted scout style using the old sheridan intermount. the trick is to not over tighten them causing barrel seperation. i love this setup. once you get used to it you can get on target very fast. i use mine for squirrel and rabbit hunting. you can pump it like it is supposed to be pumped without the scope in the way. i would use the shortest mounts possible to keep the scope as close to the barrel as possible. i would also go with at least 4X magnification.

January 6th, 2012, 3:48 pm #3

I bought the 4pc barrel mounts a few weeks ago and put a cheap BSA red dot on it but the dot is so big I cant really aim. So I'm looking for a good pistol scope, my price range is about $60 max. So far I'm thinking about the NcStar SEPB2530B or SPB220B and the Barska 2x20 Contour maybe a BSA if they are really worth the extra cash. I need 10" - 12" Eye Relief and I'll be shooting 30 to 60 yards are so. I also have a question about scope ring height should I buy low or medium, I really want the scope to line up well with my eye. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Gabe
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FH6M0A/

it works great

oh yeah, the scope comes with weaver mounts. you'll need different ones to fit your benji
Last edited by Dnadnnoid on January 6th, 2012, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 6th, 2012, 11:29 pm #4

Thanks for the info and advice seems like I'm moving in the right direction. I have heard bad things about NcStar, that they don't last very long or they are not very clear. You seem to be very happy with yours how long have you had it, any one else have experience with one?

January 6th, 2012, 11:51 pm #5

but certainly not outstanding in quality. NCStar makes low priced optics. I have a 2x long eye relief scope that does a respectable job on a 1377. I also have an NCStar red dot (tube type) on another 1377. It works fine. For the cost, they are worth trying. Don't expect the optical quality of a Leupold; just mount them and use them. They work.

The lifetime warranty is simple, and you do not need a sales receipt. Get an RMA from them and send the scope/red dot and a $15 check to them and they will repair or replace the item.

January 7th, 2012, 12:50 am #6

Thanks,
Gabe
Get the 2x-7x. You can use the mag with a rifle and the optics are nice for a $65 scope. I'm assuming you're going with a scout position mount.

"but I'll be needin' that gun, fer squirrels and such."
Last edited by tripleguy on January 7th, 2012, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 7th, 2012, 1:18 am #7

Thanks,
Gabe

This is the NC Star 2x20 pistol scope from Optics Planet. It was around $40 and has illuminated retical. Its basically a red dot with a little magnification, deadly squirrel brain scrambler and looks like you paid a fortune to your friends. For the type of use my guns see, this is a win win. However if I wanted to shoot targets, I would have opt for their 2-7x20 for some zoom.

January 7th, 2012, 2:27 am #8

Looks like I'll be getting a NC Star thanks all.