How to rebuild Disco .22 ?

How to rebuild Disco .22 ?

December 25th, 2011, 5:12 am #1

Hi, I have a Disco .22 that was shooting inconsistantly. I sent it to a guy that advertised in Shotgun News. His companies name was Accurate Airguns. He sent it back leaking like a siv in the nano gauge area. I guess this fella doesn't even have a clue when it comes the precharged airguns. Anyway, I have decided to fix it myself. Could anyone tell me the correct sequense in breaking down a Benjiman Discovery ? And where is the best place the get the parts I will need ? Thanks for any and all assistence .

December 26th, 2011, 9:22 pm #2

Remove the safety by sliding a paper clip or something similiar in the space under the trigger guard. Pull the spring foward and the safety will push out.

Then just remove the screw at the bottom of the stock and the action will come out.

December 27th, 2011, 2:07 am #3

Hi Lou, I am going beyound the barrel removal. I made the trigger into a 1 1/4 Lbs. match like trigger but need to take the pressure tube apart. Because I can see an Oring all twisted and jammed up just behind the gauge in the pressure tube. (while out of the stock). This Accurate Airgun dude my Dad sent this gun to is a real Dip ! But this fella screwed something up in Dad's pressure tube. As you have probably gathered it is not the pressure gauge itself.

December 27th, 2011, 9:07 am #4

John the best way is to look at the schematic on the yellow forum, it is under the crosman subforum, at the top of page is a link.

O-rings can be purchased from crosman but a lot cheaper other places.

The Crosman guns are easy to work on, make sure it is completly empty, there are only 2 screws holding the breech to the tube, use a padded clamp on the breech and the small breech screw will be easier to remove.

3 screws on the valve and remove the gauge and push out the gauge mount and valve toward the threaded end after removing fill valve.

Replace o-rings9 lubed silicon) and install the mount and valve from the threaded end so as not to cut up o-rings. you can use a dowel or co2 cartridge to start them down the tube.

Hope this helps, best to post on main forum, a lot more traffic and help

December 27th, 2011, 9:13 am #5

Remove the safety by sliding a paper clip or something similiar in the space under the trigger guard. Pull the spring foward and the safety will push out.

Then just remove the screw at the bottom of the stock and the action will come out.
John I sent a copy of the parts list and diagram to your e-mail, should make things a bit clearer