Growing Crosman custom build collection (pic)

Growing Crosman custom build collection (pic)

July 3rd, 2012, 8:39 pm #1

Spent hours running through every gun and every mod and lost the lot when I posted! For some reason i got logged out of the forum. Sorry guys but here is the pic anyway

Finally managed to recover all my lost text using a RAM recovery program, here it is

My growing collection of 22XX project guns .

Here is a pic of my growing collection of Crosmans. Only two are what I would call finished the others are still evolving and as I live in the UK they are all UK legal.

From the top we have a .22cal AS2250XT HPA running off 850psi HPA paintball tank. 18 barrel, usual valve work, GMAC hollow probe, 4mm TP and valve port. Modified hammer to stop sear drag. GMAC bolt, trigger, sear, modded valve cap. This was an easy mod; main problem was keeping the pressure down. .22 cal is easy to mod for UK legal 12ft /lbs muzzle energy. This gun is still work in progress. Its getting a 2260XT tube on it and a new scope and mount so will have more of the look of my AS2260XT HPA shown at the bottom. 604ft per /sec using Crossman 14.3 Accupell's. Needs a Weihrauch silencer. Currently fitted with a cheapo scope, lazer and flashlight.

Next - 2240T .177 cal. Again, easy mod power wise. 3.5mm TP keeping it legal. No valve mods, standard springs. GMAC Nickel plated 2240 tube, stainless breech, probe, brass trigger & safety, GMAC sear. LPA MIM sights, Makassar Ebony grips. This gun is sweet to shoot. 10 barrel which still needs nickel plating and a nickel plated grip frame that Im still working on. Shooting 10.5g Premiers at 496ft /per sec, 7ft /per sec spread.

2250b with Outdoorsman stock .22cal - This was the first gun I owned and worked on, but its so damn cold here that getting good consistent results is hard. 16 degrees C is a good day here and this baby punches 14.3 Accupells at 11.5ftlbs at that temp. This is still work in progress. Just replaced my modded valve body with a BOSS valve and GMAC heavy hammer spring on a spring adjuster. I got more power per shot but only 12 good shots. The previous hammer spring was way too light I think this one may be too heavy , even with the adjuster, as I have fitted a lighter valve spring , about 30-40% lighter. The gun is opened up straight through to the barrel to 4mm. Its a nice light gun but the CO2 and temp is a pain. Im considering fitting a GMAC Marauder type tube on it and running it on HPA for better consistency. The trigger was lovely and light with a standard hammer spring, now its far too heavy. Im going to fit the new drop sear frame and trigger so that trigger pull isn't affected by hammer spring strength.

Scoped 2240 custom .22 cal - Steel breech, GMAC brass trigger kit and safety, Makassar Ebony grips, GMAC brass barrel band, 2260 barrel spacer and a BSA pistol scope on Sportsmatch mounts. This is a sweet bit of kit, well made with a nice weight to it. Deadly accurate rat stopper ! It flips a bit, may put a silencer on it or muzzle brake. 3mm TP to keep it legal, its shooting 14.3 Accupells a 426ft /per sec.

Last but not least my pride and joy. The gun I would say is a perfect build. This gun was put together from scratch with Crossman and custom parts. 2260 modded AS tube , 18 .177cal barrel , JDS Airman 1000psi HPA tank , BOSS valve maxed out, modded cap , GMAC hollow probe, CR steel breech, GMAC brass end cap, RB grips forearm, standard springs. The biggest headache with this is the CO2 sinter filter. If you are considering doing this you must clean it out as its full of gunk and oil, HPA hates oil! Velocity jumped 30ft per second just doing this! The gun is trimmed with a Leapers 3-12x44 Compact SWAT illuminated mill dot scope, Harris bipod and super sweet Weihrauch silencer.
Check out these numbers!
10.5gr Premier heavies
High 717.54 ft per sec
Low 712.53 ft per sec
5.01 ft per sec spread
This gun is an absolute dream to shoot , 5mm groups at 20yrds ! Five shots , one hole at 10yrds. I can shoot the numbers out on a target and even shot a fly that decided to land on it! Its awesome! Thanks for looking! Safe shooting.
Last edited by Specman on July 3rd, 2012, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 3rd, 2012, 9:05 pm #2

I hope you will still post your data, I'm sure it would be a good read....

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/user/AIRGUNSNIRVANA?feature=mhee
Last edited by AIRGUNSNIRVANA on July 3rd, 2012, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 3rd, 2012, 9:34 pm #3

and edited into the post.
Thanks for looking.
Last edited by Specman on July 3rd, 2012, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 4th, 2012, 2:30 am #4

Spent hours running through every gun and every mod and lost the lot when I posted! For some reason i got logged out of the forum. Sorry guys but here is the pic anyway

Finally managed to recover all my lost text using a RAM recovery program, here it is

Here is a pic of my growing collection of Crosmans. Only two are what I would call finished the others are still evolving and as I live in the UK they are all UK legal.

From the top we have a .22cal AS2250XT HPA running off 850psi HPA paintball tank. 18 barrel, usual valve work, GMAC hollow probe, 4mm TP and valve port. Modified hammer to stop sear drag. GMAC bolt, trigger, sear, modded valve cap. This was an easy mod; main problem was keeping the pressure down. .22 cal is easy to mod for UK legal 12ft /lbs muzzle energy. This gun is still work in progress. Its getting a 2260XT tube on it and a new scope and mount so will have more of the look of my AS2260XT HPA shown at the bottom. 604ft per /sec using Crossman 14.3 Accupell's. Needs a Weihrauch silencer. Currently fitted with a cheapo scope, lazer and flashlight.

Next - 2240T .177 cal. Again, easy mod power wise. 3.5mm TP keeping it legal. No valve mods, standard springs. GMAC Nickel plated 2240 tube, stainless breech, probe, brass trigger & safety, GMAC sear. LPA MIM sights, Makassar Ebony grips. This gun is sweet to shoot. 10 barrel which still needs nickel plating and a nickel plated grip frame that Im still working on. Shooting 10.5g Premiers at 496ft /per sec, 7ft /per sec spread.

2250b with Outdoorsman stock .22cal - This was the first gun I owned and worked on, but its so damn cold here that getting good consistent results is hard. 16 degrees C is a good day here and this baby punches 14.3 Accupells at 11.5ftlbs at that temp. This is still work in progress. Just replaced my modded valve body with a BOSS valve and GMAC heavy hammer spring on a spring adjuster. I got more power per shot but only 12 good shots. The previous hammer spring was way too light I think this one may be too heavy , even with the adjuster, as I have fitted a lighter valve spring , about 30-40% lighter. The gun is opened up straight through to the barrel to 4mm. Its a nice light gun but the CO2 and temp is a pain. Im considering fitting a GMAC Marauder type tube on it and running it on HPA for better consistency. The trigger was lovely and light with a standard hammer spring, now its far too heavy. Im going to fit the new drop sear frame and trigger so that trigger pull isn't affected by hammer spring strength.

Scoped 2240 custom .22 cal - Steel breech, GMAC brass trigger kit and safety, Makassar Ebony grips, GMAC brass barrel band, 2260 barrel spacer and a BSA pistol scope on Sportsmatch mounts. This is a sweet bit of kit, well made with a nice weight to it. Deadly accurate rat stopper ! It flips a bit, may put a silencer on it or muzzle brake. 3mm TP to keep it legal, its shooting 14.3 Accupells a 426ft /per sec.

Last but not least my pride and joy. The gun I would say is a perfect build. This gun was put together from scratch with Crossman and custom parts. 2260 modded AS tube , 18 .177cal barrel , JDS Airman 1000psi HPA tank , BOSS valve maxed out, modded cap , GMAC hollow probe, CR steel breech, GMAC brass end cap, RB grips forearm, standard springs. The biggest headache with this is the CO2 sinter filter. If you are considering doing this you must clean it out as its full of gunk and oil, HPA hates oil! Velocity jumped 30ft per second just doing this! The gun is trimmed with a Leapers 3-12x44 Compact SWAT illuminated mill dot scope, Harris bipod and super sweet Weihrauch silencer.
Check out these numbers!
10.5gr Premier heavies
High 717.54 ft per sec
Low 712.53 ft per sec
5.01 ft per sec spread
This gun is an absolute dream to shoot , 5mm groups at 20yrds ! Five shots , one hole at 10yrds. I can shoot the numbers out on a target and even shot a fly that decided to land on it! Its awesome! Thanks for looking! Safe shooting.
I especially like those XT's, I'm a XT man myself.

S.W.A.G. it!

July 4th, 2012, 8:10 am #5

Check out these numbers!
10.5gr Premier heavies
High 717.54 ft per sec
Low 712.53 ft per sec
5.01 ft per sec spread
It's always fun to read what others are doing to feed their habit.....

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/user/AIRGUNSNIRVANA?feature=mhee