Custom Shop carbine order confusion

Custom Shop carbine order confusion

September 9th, 2011, 12:58 pm #1

I ordered a Crosman Custom Shop carbine last week. While building various configurations I noticed something strange. For building a pistol there is a choice between a long and short steel breech, but when building a carbine there is no breech choice. Sometimes a long steel breech is added at a cost of $25.77 and sometimes it isn't added into the configuration. This even happens when everything else is exactly the same. I made sure that I ordered a configuration with the steel breech in the configuration for the extra $25.77, but now I'm wondering if I would have gotten the same thing if I had ordered a configuration without the additional $25.77 charge.

For those who have gotten a carbine, did you get the long steel breech even if you did not pay the extra for it when building the rifle?

4 other rifles (3 old springers and Daisy target)
Crosman custom 2400KT on order

September 9th, 2011, 7:10 pm #2

I contacted Crosman on this, as I found some discussions where people had the same thing happen earlier this year. They were great at investigating and answering this. (Thanks Chuck.) The correct configuration is the one without the additional charge, so they have changed my order total and subtracted the $25.77.

September 9th, 2011, 8:01 pm #3

I ordered a Crosman Custom Shop carbine last week. While building various configurations I noticed something strange. For building a pistol there is a choice between a long and short steel breech, but when building a carbine there is no breech choice. Sometimes a long steel breech is added at a cost of $25.77 and sometimes it isn't added into the configuration. This even happens when everything else is exactly the same. I made sure that I ordered a configuration with the steel breech in the configuration for the extra $25.77, but now I'm wondering if I would have gotten the same thing if I had ordered a configuration without the additional $25.77 charge.

For those who have gotten a carbine, did you get the long steel breech even if you did not pay the extra for it when building the rifle?

I found that if you go straight to the carbine section you will get a lower price than if you stop by the pistol section during the same visit. I think visiting the pistol section must deposit a cookie in your browser that confuses the system when you then go to the carbines. I find that I need to leave crosman.com entirely and purge my browsing history before it will go back to the lower price. Your experience tells me that the glitch is likely in the breeches page somewhere. Good catch by the way.