Bypod for 2240

Bypod for 2240

June 15th, 2012, 3:42 pm #1

I am finishing up my 2240 prodject and was wondering about one of the Walmart bypods. Will they work and are they any good? How do I attach a by pod to a 2240 with an extended tube. Don't want to distort the barrel by wrapping somthing around it.
Thank youy
Mike

June 15th, 2012, 4:39 pm #2

Depends on the bi-pod. Some are designed to attach to a Weaver and/or Picatinny rail, some are designed to attach to a sling swivel mounting stud. I have seen some that mount to a rail or swivel stud. They have some kind of adapter that mounts on a rail.

You'll need some sort of forend stock to attach either mounting device. A rail could be JB Welded to the tube I guess. Perhaps an extra wide custom barrel band that a sling swivel stud could be attached to might work too.

I used multiple layers of PVC pipe to build a small forend to mount a Weaver rail on my 2240 carbine.

I plink, therefore I am.

June 15th, 2012, 4:42 pm #3

I have two barrel rings so that looks good to me. Thanks

June 16th, 2012, 1:42 am #4

Depends on the bi-pod. Some are designed to attach to a Weaver and/or Picatinny rail, some are designed to attach to a sling swivel mounting stud. I have seen some that mount to a rail or swivel stud. They have some kind of adapter that mounts on a rail.

You'll need some sort of forend stock to attach either mounting device. A rail could be JB Welded to the tube I guess. Perhaps an extra wide custom barrel band that a sling swivel stud could be attached to might work too.

I used multiple layers of PVC pipe to build a small forend to mount a Weaver rail on my 2240 carbine.

I plink, therefore I am.
Love that fore end. That will be my next project!