another black gun project finished,

another black gun project finished,

March 31st, 2011, 2:07 am #1

this one goes back to the days of Kim & Walter convincing me to put a 1400 barrel on a 262, which created my blue 262. it also left me with a complete 262 top end sitting in my parts bin, hence a budget black gun build came to mind. it was originally built as a pistol, running on powerlets but truthfully it wasn't much of a pistol. weight was a significant issue and so the carbine was born.

it started by cutting the 262 barrel and shroud back to 13", modifying a 2240 tube to accept the breach, installation of a very mildly ported SSP250 valve and all the necessary parts to plumb accordingly. I placed an order last week for an SKS cheek rest to finish it off.

off the shelf performance is 625fps w/ 7.9g pellets @ 67F

regards,

March 31st, 2011, 2:50 am #2

Aww Alte Schule Das ist es KT

March 31st, 2011, 3:16 pm #3

it's amazing the unfinished projects that can be found sometimes, this one goes back to the end of the old board in '04.

regards,

March 31st, 2011, 3:36 pm #4

projects I need to dig out.

That bulk fill you have there is most likely the best mod of its time and fills a huge gap now especially since stuff is getting higher in cost and shipping unless it goes USPS is too costly.

Moneys tight fuel is high time to dig out the old projects and sit home in front of the bench

PS
The board is getting better.

I got this shot gun breech from an old Buddy that got it from a fella that had passed away, Do you recognize it?

May be its time to finish the project.

<a href="http://www.airgunsmith.com/" rel="nofollow">
</a>
Last edited by ratite on March 31st, 2011, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 31st, 2011, 4:24 pm #5

Aww Alte Schule Das ist es KT
"Well, I thought it was a rabbit but it turned out to be Bear Grylls in a rabbit hide."

March 31st, 2011, 7:05 pm #6

That bulk fill you have there is most likely the best mod of its time and fills a huge gap now especially since stuff is getting higher in cost and shipping unless it goes USPS is too costly.

Moneys tight fuel is high time to dig out the old projects and sit home in front of the bench

PS

I got this shot gun breech from an old Buddy that got it from a fella that had passed away, Do you recognize it?

</a>
to the CB shot pistol breaches but only in general shape, I don't recall seeing one like it before.

I think I have my next project gun picked out, it's another golden oldie from the old board, should get some parts this week or next for it.

regards,

March 31st, 2011, 8:09 pm #7

PS

</a>
with some other stuff from Joel (Airgun Artisans) after an old gentlemen passed away, I didnt know him so I guess thats why I dont remember his name but from what I recall he had quite the collection of airgun goodies and was a builder himself.

March 31st, 2011, 9:35 pm #8

this one goes back to the days of Kim & Walter convincing me to put a 1400 barrel on a 262, which created my blue 262. it also left me with a complete 262 top end sitting in my parts bin, hence a budget black gun build came to mind. it was originally built as a pistol, running on powerlets but truthfully it wasn't much of a pistol. weight was a significant issue and so the carbine was born.

it started by cutting the 262 barrel and shroud back to 13", modifying a 2240 tube to accept the breach, installation of a very mildly ported SSP250 valve and all the necessary parts to plumb accordingly. I placed an order last week for an SKS cheek rest to finish it off.

off the shelf performance is 625fps w/ 7.9g pellets @ 67F

regards,

Sure good to see you back at it!

Walter....