2260 AKA The Turtle Sniper

2260 AKA The Turtle Sniper

January 26th, 2012, 2:38 am #1

GREETINGS PROGRAMS

This past summer I completed my 2260 project and was talking to a friend in east Texas on what would be a good way to test it.He informed me that he had the solution,his fish pond had an excess of turtles and he would like some help to thin the herd.So I was given permission to dispatch with extreme prejudice.Every other weekend or so I spend a few hours doing what I could.We figured on average 5 confirmed and 5 I thinks per outing.From summer to earlly fall.These photos were taken the first of September.
This is how the 2260 looked,full 24' barrel no TKO brake and the black painted stock which I hated.

Here is where we sat it's a small dock with plastic table and chairs.

One of the confirmed.As you can imagine shooting turtles with a pellet gun it's head shots only.
14.3 CPHP at about 850 fps
IN

OUT

This one like many of the other confirmed never fell off the log.Once hit there feet would act like they were swiming for a second or two then quit.The first time it happed we were both shocked. I had to paddle out in the jon boat to get him for his close up.This was the longest confirmed 50+ yards

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/user/AIRGUNSNIRVANA?feature=mhee
Last edited by AIRGUNSNIRVANA on April 23rd, 2012, 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 2nd, 2012, 10:03 am #2

are you kidding me ? that black stock looks great !! when you get time can you go into a little detail on your build ..like a 2260 is co2 but by the looks of your end cap you turned it into a pcp ? how do you pump it ? with a foot pump ? any info would would be a big help
thanks,
TK

one other thing i might add if you didn't like the black you could go with the old school paint job like the sniper rifles they used in Viet Nam that would look cool the gun sorta has that look about it ..
Last edited by tknocker on February 2nd, 2012, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 5th, 2012, 12:11 pm #3

Hey TK
I posted a few details a week or so ago,and have a video on youtube.I tried to link to them but I have got no clue how to.The post here was "My first one and the others that feed the ADDICTION" on youtube look for AIRGUNSNIRVANA.I use a Benjamin Discovery hand pump.If I can answer any other questions let me know....

P.S. I think it looks much better now.
the black paint felt wrong to the touch.

February 6th, 2012, 9:54 am #4

i just checked out your video good stuff !! i like the Backpacker also nice job !!