The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

March 8th, 2011, 12:16 am #1

So before you go "But Fox, why My Little Pony? its so giiiirly!" please watch these two music videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o3TTuGrYuQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJhWrqI6Qvk

Now that your minds have been blown, let me explain...
For those who have been living under a rock (much like myself up until a few nights ago) this brand new cartoon primiered months ago and due to its brilliant style in art and storytelling it has spawned a massive fanbase of all ages and genders.

Even the likes of 4chan celebrates this show as something spectacular (just use googleimage and look up the show for a huge gallery of memes and funny pictures created for teh lulz and of course 'pony love')

When I first heard about it, I thought the forum thread that I was reading was some kind of sick troll thread, but alas, I was wrong! And thusly I was gradually converted into what is called a broney (bro+pony=brony)

The first video above was my first introduction to the cartoon and after I had seen it I felt the need to see more of it.. I was.. hooked... Of all things, I never expected to become a fan of such a thing as My Little Pony (dont worry, Istill prefer to keep my dignity and not buy the toys :p )... but alas, I fell for the trap, and now I feel obligated to spread the word.

Almost every forum I visit on a normal basis has a thread about it (except this one) so indeed, enjoy what you see here!

Bringing Cynicalism and Ambition to the Valley Since 2007

I totally endorse this site:

PM me for more information and a tip! :)

Animeboye
Ducky
Ducky

March 8th, 2011, 12:57 am #2

Wow...who could've guessed My Little Pony could actually be...epic? Dare I say it? That first video was actually pretty cool! I think I'll watch the second video later(I keep getting an error message).
My Deviantart http://animeboye.deviantart.com/ Stop by and visit sometime!

[/color] Littlefoot's number 1 fan.

LBTDiclonius
Ducky
Ducky

March 8th, 2011, 1:05 am #3

...wow.

My one word for that is...epic. Who would've thought that My Little Pony could be so...enjoyable. After I saw this I wanted to see what the episodes were like and I've watched the first one and so far it's great.
"She's in a long, black coat tonight, waiting for me in the downpour outside.
She's singing, "baby come home" in a melody of tears while the rhythm of the rain keeps time."

--------------------------------------------
"I tend to think that emotions are for ugly people." -Willam Belli
--------------------------------------------

(Runner-up)

March 8th, 2011, 1:27 am #4

If you need more convincing:

Dr. Whooves has the answers.
Bringing Cynicalism and Ambition to the Valley Since 2007

I totally endorse this site:

PM me for more information and a tip! :)

DarkHououmon
Littlefoot
Littlefoot

March 8th, 2011, 1:33 am #5

I'm familiar with this show. The show's creator, Lauren Faust, is responsible for The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. I've seen some episodes and I do like this show. Lauren Faust created a MLP that is still intended for girls, but it isn't watered down like some girl shows tend to be (such as the CGI MLP released years back). Instead, she offers a girls' show that still has conflict, adventure, peril, etc.

One of my favorite characters is Rarity. She is obsessed with fashion and is a designer herself. But she isn't an airhead or self-centered. She is actually quite generous and does care about her friends. In the second episode, she cuts off her own tail and puts it on a sea serpent (whose mustache was hacked off) so he would feel better.

Animeboye
Ducky
Ducky

March 8th, 2011, 6:53 am #6

I watched the first episode on Youtube and I have to say I actually like what I've seen. The art is cute, the ponies are a lot of fun, the humor's witty and funny and it's got a BABY DRAGON! My favorite character is Twilight Sparkle.
My Deviantart http://animeboye.deviantart.com/ Stop by and visit sometime!

[/color] Littlefoot's number 1 fan.

pokeplayer984
Littlefoot
Littlefoot

March 8th, 2011, 2:35 pm #7

Here's my little dilemma, I am one of the biggest haters of the past My Little Pony. To give a new version that goes in a new direction with something I normally hate a chance is something difficult for me. My little pet peeve of the past show is going to be yelling at me while I watch this. What did I hate so much about the old show? *sighs* Where do I start?

*goes to watch episode one*

I am a Brony and Proud of it!
My YouTube Page

pokeplayer984
Littlefoot
Littlefoot

March 8th, 2011, 3:21 pm #8

I have given the opening two-parter a watch and I have only one thing to say...

What have they done with this show? Seriously, this is the kind of show I enjoy! The creator of The Powerpuff Girls found a way to make one of the biggest haters around of the old show actually LIKE the new one?

Hang on! *checks on something* No, the world's not ending. That's the only time I expected this to happen.

So yeah, one of the biggest haters of the old My Little Pony actually likes the new one. Shocker! :blink:

I am a Brony and Proud of it!
My YouTube Page

Campion1
Ducky
Ducky

March 8th, 2011, 4:00 pm #9

Power puff girls? Foster's home?

That explains it.

Pretty sweet I guess. Not my thing, but whatever.

Saft
Ducky
Ducky

March 8th, 2011, 4:51 pm #10

A 're-vamp' of the franchise obviously. Not something that I'd personally watch but the ponies are pretty 'cute' now.

Wisdom outweighs any wealth.

Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC)

-------------------------------------------
My Blog: Warning thereby stick men